[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I hope it is the new PVE because yay new content.

With the spoiler'd PVE being alliance-centric I can see why when releasing a new character they want to "lock" alliances. If the alliance meets the goal and gets cover(s) as rewards they would want to prevent the situation where alliance "A" completes the mission wins cover(s) then joins/forms alliance "B" and beats it again for more cover(s).
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the new PVE would have been officially mentioned if it would be coming next. Maybe it will get mentioned in the next interview.
  • I'd think anything related to Age of Ultron isn't coming out before the movie is and I doubt we're getting 2 new PvE events in such a short time, but it'd be good to be proven wrong here.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Token oracles say "no" to Enemy of the State, Deadpool v MPQ, The Hunt, Brotherhood, and at least one of the Heroics.
    I've got all of them and none have updated yet. That pretty much leaves three possibilities:
    1) We're going to get a really late push for the event tomorrow.
    2) Simulator (as mentioned by turul - this one has received a new token every run since the layout redesign).
    3) All new PvE.

Gauntlet didn't update the first several runs, but did update this last time and seems an unlikely candidate for a completely new character release either way. I hope it's a late push or new event, because Sim can get really difficult and I count myself among the burned out.

Could also be Prodigal Sun.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let us hope it is not Unstable ISO-8.

Actually... that might reduce the string of grindiness outside of Alliance obligations.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Is the list of hint things from turul still valid?

Something like
    Shapeshifter - Kamala
    Character related to Spider-Man - Guessing this was the Kingpin hint
    Sharpshooter
    X-Men character ( Not sure if this was here)
  • Sullstar wrote:
    Is the list of hint things from turul still valid?

Something like
    Shapeshifter - Kamala
    Character related to Spider-Man - Guessing this was the Kingpin hint
    Sharpshooter
    X-Men character ( Not sure if this was here)
    Yes, it's still valid, but we already know who they are :
    Sharpshooter : 2* Cyclops (with two different powers compare to the 3* stars version)
    X-men character : Quicksilver, who's coming this week I think
  • How the hell is kingpin related to spider man. He's a daredevil villain.

The x-men were around when FF fought Galactus but that doesn't make Galactus an x-men villain.
  • Because Turul was trying to be cryptic, and while he's primarily a Daredevil villain, he is also a spider man villain. So if he said Daredevil villain it would be pretty obvious.
  • ark123 wrote:
    How the hell is kingpin related to spider man. He's a daredevil villain.

The x-men were around when FF fought Galactus but that doesn't make Galactus an x-men villain.
    Of course he is, but Kingpin often faced Spider-man. I think Turul said that because 'Daredevil villain' was way too obvious. icon_e_wink.gif

Edit : Too slow icon_e_sad.gif
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Could also be Prodigal Sun.
    I was going to say that it hasn't updated, but I just noticed that mine is completely missing now. I don't recall opening it by mistake last night. Weird.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I'm pretty sure he's so linked to Spidey than when Fox had the Daredevil rights, Kingpin was shared between them and Sony as a part of the Spider-Man rights
  • I know he was the main villain in the 90's cartoon along with the spiderslayers.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    ark123 wrote:

Kingpin was a recurring villain in "Amazing Spider Man" for over a decade before Frank Miller brought him in as an enemy of Daredevil.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Prodigal Sun preview is up. It's officially Quicksilver.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Kingpin was a recurring villain in "Amazing Spider Man" for over a decade before Frank Miller brought him in as an enemy of Daredevil.
    Kingpin first appeared in Spiderman too. Stan Lee came up with him to replace another mob boss character that wasn't very interesting anymore (to me at least).
  • ark123 wrote:

Ignoring all the comic facts posted above, I assume you missed out on the awesome cartoon in the 90s which kingpin was in for what felt like almost every episode lol?

3823542-kingpintas.jpg
  • ark123 wrote:

Ignoring all the comic facts posted above, I assume you missed out on the awesome cartoon in the 90s which kingpin was in for what felt like almost every episode lol?

3823542-kingpintas.jpg

Do you think his ascot is fitted?
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Just to add to the posts above recapping the hints, a few were left out so I'd like to further the discussion.

Let's look at the hint trends, past and future. I haven't really been on here much over the last week or so, but based on the way the game seems to follow marketing trends I am pretty convinced the unreleased characters are the ones I hid in the spoiler tags.

Starts with an I: Iron Fist
    Turns Invisible: Professor X
    Female Shapeshifter [3*]: Kamala Khan
    Spider-Man Villain [3* or 4*]: Kingpin
    Sharpshooter [2*]: [see spoiler below]
    X-Men Days of Future Past: Quicksilver
    Name Includes Color: [see spoiler below]
    Very High HP: [see spoiler below]
    Sharpshooter: 2* Cyclops
    Color: Scarlet Witch
    High HP: Iron Man Hulkbuster

Am I missing anything? I haven't completely caught up on the thread. Any other hints, etc?

And lastly, I would love it if they would slow down on releasing characters. I enjoy this thread, and speculating, but this is just getting ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if they start losing some veterans (like myself if you consider playing 365 days enough to be a veteran) at this rate.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    They probably need(ed) to release characters related to the new event
    Avengers VS Ultron
    , and made a bad decision haste-releasing Kingpin
This discussion has been closed.