[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    turul wrote:
    They probably need(ed) to release characters related to the new event
    Avengers VS Ultron
    , and made a bad decision haste-releasing Kingpin

I think you're right. This new event (hooray for a new event!) seems a little early, but makes sense. I guess the film is right around the corner. Also, this tells us one other thing. There will soon be another new character:
    Ultron.
    The question is, will he be playable or more like Gorgon.

I'd also like to suggest, much like Devil Dino, they may release a currently unplayable character during their anniversary event (which may be a little while out, but I'm excited for it because I had so much fun and got so much swag during the first time around).
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Hmmm... so what are folks thinking is going to happen with this new PVE and essentials? While it would make sense that QS would be essential for it, since the next PVE is going to reward an existing character (per Dev's note). Is it possible they will break a long-running standard that has seemed to hold true all this time?

- ISO-8 Brotherhood rewards Kamala and she is essential in TaT
    - TaT rewards Kingpin and he (along with Loki since he's a 4*) are essential in Prodigal Sun
    - Prodigal Sun rewards Quicksilver who will be essential in next (old) PVE for an existing character
    - Whatever existing character would THEN be essential in this new PVE?

OR are we gonna have another PVE after the next one for another new character who will then be essential for this new brand new PVE just in time for Avengers 2?

The only reason I ask is because I've already decided to kick QS to the curb and not even bother with Prodigal Sun (outside of 14K Top Progression) if he'll just be an essential for an existing character in the next PVE...
  • San Narciso
    Scoregasms wrote:
    Hmmm... so what are folks thinking is going to happen with this new PVE and essentials? While it would make sense that QS would be essential for it, since the next PVE is going to reward an existing character (per Dev's note). Is it possible they will break a long-running standard that has seemed to hold true all this time?

- ISO-8 Brotherhood rewards Kamala and she is essential in TaT
    - TaT rewards Kingpin and he (along with Loki since he's a 4*) are essential in Prodigal Sun
    - Prodigal Sun rewards Quicksilver who will be essential in next (old) PVE for an existing character
    - Whatever existing character would THEN be essential in this new PVE?

OR are we gonna have another PVE after the next one for another new character who will then be essential for this new brand new PVE just in time for Avengers 2?

The only reason I ask is because I've already decided to kick QS to the curb and not even bother with Prodigal Sun (outside of 14K Top Progression) if he'll just be an essential for an existing character in the next PVE...

Here is what I would like to see, and I think it's plausible because they're changing formulas around lately (eg doing another PVP, probably Daredevil's where Kamala will AGAIN be the reward): They MAY jump into another PVE where they release Scarlet Witch (hopefully she works well with QS because right now he looks worthless), and then they could BOTH be essential for for the new PVE. But I don't expect with how frequently they're dropping new characters that they have enough time to have an existing character as a reward until after the new PVE to keep in time with the movie release.
  • Unless the spoilers are wrong or that Ultron's passive meant something different from how I interpreted, Iron Fist + Ultron would be practically unbeatable between just their passives and that'd put him well outside the realm of a playable character.
  • Scoregasms
    Phantron wrote:
    Unless the spoilers are wrong or that Ultron's passive meant something different from how I interpreted, Iron Fist + Ultron would be practically unbeatable between just their passives and that'd put him well outside the realm of a playable character.

Thanks for spoiling the last node in the new PVE, they just need to be sure the 3rd is DP icon_e_smile.gif lol <-- Sarcasm in case folks weren't sure
  • Scoregasms
    Here is what I would like to see, and I think it's plausible because they're changing formulas around lately (eg doing another PVP, probably Daredevil's where Kamala will AGAIN be the reward): They MAY jump into another PVE where they release Scarlet Witch (hopefully she works well with QS because right now he looks worthless), and then they could BOTH be essential for for the new PVE. But I don't expect with how frequently they're dropping new characters that they have enough time to have an existing character as a reward until after the new PVE to keep in time with the movie release.

They already said we're getting a "break" (lol) the week after Prodigal is done and the next PVE will be for an existing character. If the new PVE starts after this week off, I really hope the essential isn't going to be QS for another new character.

Anyway, it's just speculation at this point as I have no idea what their schedule looks like, but I personally hope that isn't the case. It'd be nice if the essential for the new PVE is someone most of us all have (pick Mororo or DD here basically... lol), that way we can all have a fair shot at completing all the content in this new PVE for a new character. My 2 cents.
  • San Narciso
    Scoregasms wrote:

They already said we're getting a "break" (lol) the week after Prodigal is done and the next PVE will be for an existing character. If the new PVE starts after this week off, I really hope the essential isn't going to be QS for another new character.

Anyway, it's just speculation at this point as I have no idea what their schedule looks like, but I personally hope that isn't the case. It'd be nice if the essential for the new PVE is someone most of us all have (pick Mororo or DD here basically... lol), that way we can all have a fair shot at completing all the content in this new PVE for a new character. My 2 cents.

Yeah, I think a "break" would be nice. I should clarify that when I said "What I would like to see" it was out of the options floating around in my head how they could screw us over (because that's just what I expect anymore, lol). Also, I'm normally up to speed on these threads, but I've fallen behind in the last week or so. The fact that this much info has been released tells me I best keep my trap shut and go back and read the threads because I clearly don't know what I'm talking about relative to info y'all already know.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    the new PVE will have a "bossfight" with each Avengers(2) member. So its wise to collect QS or SW, or IMHB

Ultron comes as sentries as goons, an unplayable Boss, and a collectable.

SW powers: ( purpletile.pngicon_question.gif ) greentile.pngbluetile.png
    - aoe dmg + random stun (1+)
    - selected tile + random adjacent tiles destroyed (genAP)
    - (PASSIVE) creates a CD if not already present, which turns random adjacent BASIC tiles to pink
    (power / color distribution unknown)

more info about other characters later icon_e_smile.gif

SW would look fine, however i fear devs will set the passive too "safe", with the new design pattern.
    2 tuns / 4 tiles is the lowest which i can approve.
  • Scoregasms wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Unless the spoilers are wrong or that Ultron's passive meant something different from how I interpreted, Iron Fist + Ultron would be practically unbeatable between just their passives and that'd put him well outside the realm of a playable character.

Thanks for spoiling the last node in the new PVE, they just need to be sure the 3rd is DP icon_e_smile.gif lol <-- Sarcasm in case folks weren't sure

Nah, they'd use Luke Cage if they really want to troll players.
  • Scoregasms
    turul wrote:
    the new PVE will have a "bossfight" with each Avengers(2) member. So its wise to collect QS or SW, or IMHB

Ultron comes as sentries as goons, an unplayable Boss, and a collectable.

SW powers: ( purpletile.pngicon_question.gif ) greentile.pngbluetile.png
    - aoe dmg + random stun (1+)
    - selected tile + random adjacent tiles destroyed (genAP)
    - (PASSIVE) creates a CD if not already present, which turns random adjacent BASIC tiles to pink
    (power / color distribution unknown)

more info about other characters later icon_e_smile.gif

SW would look fine, however i fear devs will set the passive too "safe", with the new design pattern.
    2 tuns / 4 tiles is the lowest which i can approve.

Lol... so if I'm reading this right, we have 3 confirmed new characters (Scarlett Witch, Iron Man Hulk Buster and Ultron)? We have Prodigal Sun going through next week to reward Quicksilver, then we have a week "off" for an existing character, then we have a week until Avengers 2 gets released? Sorry, I totally missed the now infamous leakage of information and I know folks have been pretty tight lipped about that did see it.

How in the world would this work if we need all 3 (SW/QS/IMHB) for the new PVE (unless this new PVE actually happens after Opening Night)? Also, I would think IMHB and Ultron would both be 4*'s no? Ugh... I'd settle for just a 3 week plan from Demiurge at this point so we all know what we're in for and Alliances/Individuals can plan accordingly.
  • 3 week plan

Week 1 Play Marvel Puzzlequest
    Week 2 Play Marvel Puzzlequest
    Week 3 Play Marvel Puzzlequest
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    They probably need(ed) to release characters related to the new event
    Avengers VS Ultron
    , and made a bad decision haste-releasing Kingpin
    Yea but they had to get King Pin out for Dare Devil which starts this Friday. Khan was the mistake character. She is fun and here purple is sweet, but with also needing SW, Quicksilver, and IM they should have held back Khan, or Profesor X
  • Scoregasms wrote:

Lol... so if I'm reading this right, we have 3 confirmed new characters (Scarlett Witch, Iron Man Hulk Buster and Ultron)? We have Prodigal Sun going through next week to reward Quicksilver, then we have a week "off" for an existing character, then we have a week until Avengers 2 gets released? Sorry, I totally missed the now infamous leakage of information and I know folks have been pretty tight lipped about that did see it.

How in the world would this work if we need all 3 (SW/QS/IMHB) for the new PVE (unless this new PVE actually happens after Opening Night)? Also, I would think IMHB and Ultron would both be 4*'s no? Ugh... I'd settle for just a 3 week plan from Demiurge at this point so we all know what we're in for and Alliances/Individuals can plan accordingly.

If they're smart they'd make all these nodes teamup with QS/SW/IMHB. Since the new PvE is supposed to be depend on how much damage you do there is no harm in letting all players borrow a loaner whoever. You just won't be doing nearly as much damage as someone who has the character at a playable level/covers. I'd think Ultron is rewarded in the event that involves fighting him, so we should have two new characters soon. They already said next week there's no new characters, so if it's one new character per week the earliest the new Ultron event can be would be 3 weeks from now if it requires 3 new characters.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    JPukK4z.png?1
  • turul: I just read that the XF nerf is an ugly one. Can you give us some insight on what they are planning for him?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is no sign of Xforce nerf here, I think that is only a speculation since XF is in the "nerf danger zone".

However, i can see reworks only if they non-numerical texts are changed, and also changes may come instantly with a new (non-R) update.
  • turul wrote:
    There is no sign of Xforce nerf here, I think that is only a speculation since XF is in the "nerf danger zone".

However, i can see reworks only if they non-numerical texts are changed, and also changes may come instantly with a new (non-R) update.

Someone in my alliance posted this as confirmed and is in the coding. Maybe you can double check?
    Green: 1360 Max damage
    Black: 781 damage per tile, no AP gen/drain
    Yellow: Heal 9899, destroys 9 tiles at 400 damage a tile
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    ecir2002 wrote:
    turul wrote:

Someone in my alliance posted this as confirmed and is in the coding. Maybe you can double check?

Haha, what? 1360 for 8 AP? That's GARBAGE tier.
  • Arondite wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    turul wrote:

Haha, what? 1360 for 8 AP? That's GARBAGE tier.

Yeah that was my first thought. Let me roll up Prof X wheel chair because he doesn't need it anymore.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    ecir2002 wrote:
    turul wrote:

Does Green still destroy tiles the same way or now just damage?
This discussion has been closed.