[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    So here is 2* Cyclops, which has two abilities which can select tiles to be destroyed, giving him quite nice board control.
    Cyclops (All-New X-Men)
    Known Colors: redflag.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.png
    Scott Summers led the five original X-Men in the early days of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. An idealistic young mutant, he often struggles with the enormity of his own power. Facing the growing threat of the Mutant Revolution, spearheaded by today's Cyclops, Dr. Hank McCoy brought the teenage Scott forward in time to protect human-mutant relations by confronting his future self.

Optic Blasts
    Cyclops fires his optic blasts through the battlefield, striking his target and destroying anything in his way. He destroys a random row of tiles and deals ??? damage to the target enemy. Does not generate AP.

Ricochet Blast
    Cyclops analyzes his surroundings and angles his next blast perfectly; it ricochets across the battlefield, striking his targets one by one. Destroys ??? selected basic tiles and deals ??? damage to the target. Does not generate AP.

Take Cover
    Desperate to protect his team, Scott loses his composure. He demolishes a nearby structure, giving his teammates cover behind the rubble. Transforms ??? selected basic Green tiles into protect tiles of strength ???, and destroys 4 surrounding tiles in an X pattern. Does not generate AP.

The problem I see is that
    with redflag.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.png he will have two colors in common with Ares, Human Torch, Magneto, Storm, and Thor. Excepting Black Widow (who still has one color in common), that's my whole two star roster on my lower tier account. I'd really like to find a place for a 2* cyclops, but it won't be easy. He might not be bad with 2* Ms. Marvel, on my other account, but I'm getting really close to having max level 3*s on that account.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    turul wrote:
    So here is 2* Cyclops, which has two abilities which can select tiles to be destroyed, giving him quite nice board control.
    Cyclops (All-New X-Men)
    Known Colors: redflag.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.png
    Scott Summers led the five original X-Men in the early days of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. An idealistic young mutant, he often struggles with the enormity of his own power. Facing the growing threat of the Mutant Revolution, spearheaded by today's Cyclops, Dr. Hank McCoy brought the teenage Scott forward in time to protect human-mutant relations by confronting his future self.

Optic Blasts
    Cyclops fires his optic blasts through the battlefield, striking his target and destroying anything in his way. He destroys a random row of tiles and deals ??? damage to the target enemy. Does not generate AP.

Ricochet Blast
    Cyclops analyzes his surroundings and angles his next blast perfectly; it ricochets across the battlefield, striking his targets one by one. Destroys ??? selected basic tiles and deals ??? damage to the target. Does not generate AP.

Take Cover
    Desperate to protect his team, Scott loses his composure. He demolishes a nearby structure, giving his teammates cover behind the rubble. Transforms ??? selected basic Green tiles into protect tiles of strength ???, and destroys 4 surrounding tiles in an X pattern. Does not generate AP.

The problem I see is that
    with redflag.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.png he will have two colors in common with Ares, Human Torch, Magneto, Storm, and Thor. Excepting Black Widow (who still has one color in common), that's my whole two star roster on my lower tier account. I'd really like to find a place for a 2* cyclops, but it won't be easy. He might not be bad with 2* Ms. Marvel, on my other account, but I'm getting really close to having max level 3*s on that account.

I still see him pairing WELL with Ares and OBW, in that level space. You have redundancy in every one of his colors, as well as AP steal, Damage-all, and the ability to size-up the amount Ares does with his green.

Further, we don't know ability costs yet. So he may pair WELL with Daken and OBW, or Daken, OBW, and Ms Marvel...
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    Based on a comment IceIX made in the meme contest winners thread, it sounds like IW's update is close at hand. Maybe Turul can confirm or deny if there have been any recent updates to her abilities. Anything new Turul?

The post: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27082#p329531
  • Thanos wrote:
    Based on a comment IceIX made in the meme contest winners thread, it sounds like IW's update is close at hand. Maybe Turul can confirm or deny if there have been any recent updates to her abilities. Anything new Turul?

Can you post link to this? I missed it somehow.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Thanos wrote:

IceIX wrote:
    It's too bad he couldn't hold out any longer. So close!

17004359931_87d3eaf93d.jpg
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    Thanos wrote:

The yellow ability now creates some protect tile. Force Bubble got a fairly standard change of where locked tiles cannot affect everything at low levels, requiring you to upgrade it to be able to lock everything. Force Bubble Crush no longer generates AP but also no longer ends your turn. Turul cannot see the ability cost/damage numbers, which is likely where the relevent changes occur, so there's no way to tell how strong or not the new abilities will be. None of those changes are particularly surprising but Force Bubble Crush does 3X3000 instead then it'd be quite good, for example, and we have no way of seeing that number.
  • Phantron wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Thanos wrote:

The yellow ability now creates some protect tile. Force Bubble got a fairly standard change of where locked tiles cannot affect everything at low levels, requiring you to upgrade it to be able to lock everything. Force Bubble Crush no longer generates AP but also no longer ends your turn. Turul cannot see the ability cost/damage numbers, which is likely where the relevent changes occur, so there's no way to tell how strong or not the new abilities will be. None of those changes are particularly surprising but Force Bubble Crush does 3X3000 instead then it'd be quite good, for example, and we have no way of seeing that number.

Thanks for the recap. I do remember him post that. I was more curious about the meme. I also remember turul saying IW crush will do xf lvl damage. Is it really 3x3000? Or were you must throwing that number out there?
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Thanos wrote:

Thanks for the recap. I do remember him post that. I was more curious about the meme. I also remember turul saying IW crush will do xf lvl damage. Is it really 3x3000? Or were you must throwing that number out there?

Nobody can see the ability cost/damage numbers in general. If you notice Turul and other people's spoilers are always in the form of: red ability - destroys ??? tiles and deals ??? damage and drains ??? AP. The damage Force Bubble Crush will do is purely speculation as it's going to be ??? for anybody trying to look into it, and that happens to be the part that most people would care about. I'm saying since nobody knows what it is it can be 3X3000 or it can be 3X1000 or just about anything else and without seeing that number there's literally no way to speculate whether the revamped ability is any good or not.
  • Phantron wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Nobody can see the ability cost/damage numbers in general. If you notice Turul and other people's spoilers are always in the form of: red ability - destroys ??? tiles and deals ??? damage and drains ??? AP. The damage Force Bubble Crush will do is purely speculation as it's going to be ??? for anybody trying to look into it, and that happens to be the part that most people would care about. I'm saying since nobody knows what it is it can be 3X3000 or it can be 3X1000 or just about anything else and without seeing that number there's literally no way to speculate whether the revamped ability is any good or not.

Yeah I hope that it's more on the 3x3000 side and not the 3x1000 side.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    I never see this thing now that it's in the sub sub forum with a bunch of other stuff I don't care about, so /sub.
  • So is it safe to assume this viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27134 is
    Quicksilver

?
  • Which pve is next? *please don't say the hunt*
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    darvish11 wrote:
    Which pve is next? *please don't say the hunt*

or Heroic. Please not a Heroic!
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    No horded tokens info yet might mean Simulator, but im hoping for Enemy of State
  • turul wrote:
    No horded tokens info yet might mean Simulator, but im hoping for Enemy of State

Oh man, what if they released a character in Gauntlet? I might laugh until I explode...
  • SirPhobos wrote:
    turul wrote:

Oh man, what if they released a character in Gauntlet? I might laugh until I explode...

That would be awesome. Gauntlet takes covers, character comps, and problem solving to get through.

Outside of deadpool, the rest of PvE takes time and grind.
  • SirPhobos wrote:
    turul wrote:

Idk, I think that would be an interesting experiment. Gauntlet definitely fits the spirt of pve more than what we currently have.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    I didn't catch the game leak thread before it was taken down, but I thought someone alluded to a brand new PVE? One would hope that if they are creating new pve content, they fix the whole flip of end of sub grinds. If there are still 12 hour and 36 hour subs, then.... There will be much forum auto-filtering goings on... Lol
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Token oracles say "no" to Enemy of the State, Deadpool v MPQ, The Hunt, Brotherhood, and at least one of the Heroics.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    jffdougan wrote:
    Token oracles say "no" to Enemy of the State, Deadpool v MPQ, The Hunt, Brotherhood, and at least one of the Heroics.
    I've got all of them and none have updated yet. That pretty much leaves three possibilities:
    1) We're going to get a really late push for the event tomorrow.
    2) Simulator (as mentioned by turul - this one has received a new token every run since the layout redesign).
    3) All new PvE.

Gauntlet didn't update the first several runs, but did update this last time and seems an unlikely candidate for a completely new character release either way. I hope it's a late push or new event, because Sim can get really difficult and I count myself among the burned out.
This discussion has been closed.