[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• It would be really cool if they tie Vision or Ultron into the event itself. Like if Vision decides to side with the Avengers and everyone can win a cover. One can hope.
  • Here's to hoping it's Juggernaut Colossus
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    The upcoming one will be "advanced Colossus"

Red Power / Normal - Deals 5000* damage and destroys a random cross of tiles.
    Red Power / Mode B - Removes up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles. Deals 5000* damage per tile.
    Red Power / Mode C - Deals 5000* damage to the enemy team.

unknown color powers:
    - makes CD tile switching on Mode B, + ??? damage reduction (only to self)
    - makes CD tile switching on Mode C, + ??? more damage dealt (only by self)
    (if you cast one, the other CD dissapears)

*5000 damage may be just a draft

If that is what it looks like, I'm guessing we're getting a new mode/node type for an event. D:
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    That really sounds more and more like Vision. A normal mode, a reduced density/phased mode that reduces damage, and an increased density mode that increases damage. That's some really cool design.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:

Red Power / Mode B - Removes up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles. Deals 5000* damage per tile.

unknown color powers:

Oh! It's unexpected and nice icon_e_smile.gif
    With these abilities, and with upcoming event hinted by turul, I really appreciate that devs are exploring new types of game's mechanics. For me it's a sign that they try to keep us addicted by renewing the content of the game. After all, they might have a plan for the future!

I know that the recent changes were harsh - especially for vets - and there is currently a lot of complaints in the main forum section but after the storm I believe MPQ will still have a future. star.pngicon_e_wink.gif
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Just read the Patch Notes, and the hint "A hero need not be human..." is really interesting to me.

See, we know these characters are coming and have been spoiled...
    Sharpshooter [2*]: Cyclops -- human
    Name Includes Color: Scarlet Witch -- human
    Very High HP: IM: Hulkbuster -- human, even though it's the suit that makes him
    and Ultron -- not human, but I wouldn't call him a hero either

So are they hinting that we will see a surprise character? Maybe Vision??? It fits in the Avengers Vs Ultron PVE slated to come out some time around the new movie. So I wonder if they have a few surprises up their sleeves after all. Anyway, just a thought and speculation.

how the **** are they gonna fit all this before May 1st? Is may just going to be 1 character after another? holy ****

I wouldn't even care if it was as long as it came with new PvE content, which seems likely.
  • DrNitroman wrote:
    turul wrote:

unknown color powers:

Oh! It's unexpected and nice icon_e_smile.gif
    With these abilities, and with upcoming event hinted by turul, I really appreciate that devs are exploring new types of game's mechanics. For me it's a sign that they try to keep us addicted by renewing the content of the game. After all, they might have a plan for the future!

I know that the recent changes were harsh - especially for vets - and there is currently a lot of complaints in the main forum section but after the storm I believe MPQ will still have a future. star.pngicon_e_wink.gif

Ofc MPQ has a future they said they have $$$$
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Here's to hoping it's Juggernaut Colossus

Agreed!! That was a great story, and fantastic design.
    550w_comics_fear_itself_uncanny_x_men.jpg
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's to hoping it's Juggernaut Colossus

Agreed!! That was a great story, and fantastic design.
    550w_comics_fear_itself_uncanny_x_men.jpg

ptjKmBJ.jpg?1
  • shatland
    shatland Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    i'd like to speculate on that Ultron PVE a little more, if i may (just catching up on this thread after a week or so). i didn't get a chance to read the spoilers unfiltered so i guess i'm a bit disadvantaged there as well.

so, from what i've read here, it will be a PVE where your entire alliance fights ultron together. firstly, kitten neat! secondly, some questions/comments/speculations:

will he be alone? if so, that's awesome. if he's with others i can see it (personally) being a bit less fun for some unpinpointable reason. obviously he'd have super high health, so that one could almost use his health as the points gained toward progressions? some have suggested infinite health, which would probably work, but how do you (we) defeat him (top progression = ultron's health)? Also, will all of the alliances combined need a certain score to take him down making it a community deal as well?

i also seem to remember reading something about all his powers being passive? which would make even more sense that he's alone, since you wouldn't be able to deny him AP or even really "steal" AP from him (you could i spose, but it wouldn't slow or stop him at all). that would make, i guess, quick and large damage characters preferable with a minor in some defense/protect tiles or even, maybe, burst heals to prolong the match as much as possible, since it seems like wipes are inevitable/designed.

speaking of wiping, how many times can we play him? do we get X amount of tries? one try per day? can we fight him until we are out of characters and health? will there be boosted toons? will their be scaling on his health dependant on how powerful/productive your alliance is? can anyone else wait???

seriously, tho, this event sounds super awesome and a great way to build even more camaraderie with alliance mates. i'm frothing a little...

also, whats with mode A/B/C on that new colossus red? am i being dumb about that or is it something new/different?
  • Shatland, i haven't seen the code, but the way I read it is

Fight stars, red is in "normal" mode

Then you use Color B which creates a count down tile that reduces damage. Red is now in "Mode B"

Then you use Color C which creates a count down tile that increases damage (Destroying original CD tile if it was still up) red is now in mode "C"

If either count down tile is matched or runs out, then red goes back to "normal" mode

so depending on what you need to do (Destroy special tiles, do team damage, or do individual damage) you might want to shift "modes" strategically.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Excited for the new mode. Here's hoping we don't have to wait three years for the same type of mode with Thanos and the infinity gauntlet.
    One thing I would hope for is that once the alliance beats him down to a certain point, it changes to an individual match so thatyou get to defeat him with your squad.
  • shatland
    One thing I would hope for is that once the alliance beats him down to a certain point, it changes to an individual match so thatyou get to defeat him with your squad.

absolutely that! then each members gets that "final blow" feeling of accomplishment.
  • Excited for the new mode. Here's hoping we don't have to wait three years for the same type of mode with Thanos and the infinity gauntlet.
    it only took them a billion years to do survival mode in DDQ
  • shatland
    taloncarde wrote:
    Shatland, i haven't seen the code, but the way I read it is

Then you use Color B which creates a count down tile that reduces damage. Red is now in "Mode B"

Then you use Color C which creates a count down tile that increases damage (Destroying original CD tile if it was still up) red is now in mode "C"

If either count down tile is matched or runs out, then red goes back to "normal" mode

so depending on what you need to do (Destroy special tiles, do team damage, or do individual damage) you might want to shift "modes" strategically.

ahhhh.... okay. well that makes much more sense. kind of like how beast has a blue CD that affects his other powers while out. thanks for that!
  • turul
    Ultron will create a drop tile every turn on the top of the board. If this gets to the "floor", probably one of your heroes will be doomed. (Elektra/Invisibles may come in handy!). Sentries help them getting that tile too the bottom quite effectively - also, they will probably deal you quite a lot of dmg.

There will be probably a lot of Sentry Nodes and some "bossfights", where you will deal the alliance-wide damage.
  • turul wrote:
    Ultron will create a drop tile every turn on the top of the board. If this gets to the "floor", probably one of your heroes will be doomed. (Elektra/Invisibles may come in handy!). Sentries help them getting that tile too the bottom quite effectively - also, they will probably deal you quite a lot of dmg.

There will be probably a lot of Sentry Nodes and some "bossfights", where you will deal the alliance-wide damage.

Are we talking about Sentry icon_sentry.png or more robotic minion icon_maggia.png sentries?
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    turul wrote:

unknown color powers:

I agree with Der_Lex that this sounds very Vision like. Though, do folks like this mechanic? I don't mind it on Luke Cage since it's reusing the same AP Color, but this sounds like it uses 2 colors to do something similar and all 3 sound like they are locked out as the other 2 non-red colors determine what you want him to do. Seems kinda restrictive if you're forced to collect multiple colors do a single type of attack or not able to deal with special tiles if you're currently in Mode C.

I think the concept of a utility/damage swap character is neat, just hope it works out so it's not too clunky or cost too much AP to switch or keep the CD tile going. Cyclops seems like a great pairing with this new character, now I'll just need to get Cyclops back to 3/5/5... lol.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    taloncarde wrote:
    Shatland, i haven't seen the code, but the way I read it is

which means the AI will be terrible at using this character
  • turul
    raisinbman wrote:
    turul wrote:

Are we talking about Sentry icon_sentry.png or more robotic minion icon_maggia.png sentries?

ofcourse minions
This discussion has been closed.