[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Apex42 wrote:
    My guess would be SW simply because she is in Avengers 2, and Turul has seen her in the files longer.

BTW, does anyone else have this fear that the rumored PVE is going to be a heroic to make it "balanced" for the alliances? Avengers 2 characters only?

There's no need to do that because the overall event requires you to do a certain amount of damage to the boss, so while you can make it hard by requiring 5 million damage while only using Bagman, you can do the same thing by requiring the alliance to do 5 billion damage with their whole roster. I'm pretty sure we'll have the Avenger 2 guys in essential/teamup node (best guess is 3 nodes for QS + SW + IMHB). Hopefully if D3 is smart they'd make those nodes teamup as in this case, since you're trying to maximize the damage done it is obviously quite advantageous if you've the required character as opposed to a loaner.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Agent Alex wrote:
    I mean come on, what the hell happened to Quicksilver face?? that keeps up at night lol

The part of Quicksilver is being played in MPQ by Gary Busey.

"Hello, raccoon. Hello, wheelchair guy. Hello, pants."
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Serious question....
    The forthcoming Scarlet Witch HAS to have some sort of power that makes Quicksilver stronger, right? Right????
  • Well, she does warp reality....

(Kidding, i have long learned not to judge characters until i've given them a fair try myself, and only won one for him)
  • DaveR4470 wrote:
    Serious question....
    The forthcoming Scarlet Witch HAS to have some sort of power that makes Quicksilver stronger, right? Right????

Do you really want her to have anything to do with the Gimmicky Bagsilver? If I were her, I'd cut ties with all family(especially since Magneto keeps getting nerfed)
  • We're probably looking at another set of back-to-back-to-back character releases: Vision->Hulkbuster->Scarlet
    Or switch Scarlet and Vision.

Best we can hope for is that Ultron will just be an unplayable boss character, like Gorgon.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    It is my sincere hope that they don't mess up the Vision. I have been waiting for his release for a long time. They really messed up Bagsilver. He would have been great with his initial powers but nooooo cant have a good character lol. Hopefully SW works well with her father and leaves her brother in the dust.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    turul wrote:
    the new PVE will have a "bossfight" with each Avengers(2) member. So its wise to collect QS or SW, or IMHB

Ultron comes as sentries as goons, an unplayable Boss, and a collectable.

SW powers: ( purpletile.pngicon_question.gif ) greentile.pngbluetile.png
    - aoe dmg + random stun (1+)
    - selected tile + random adjacent tiles destroyed (genAP)
    - (PASSIVE) creates a CD if not already present, which turns random adjacent BASIC tiles to pink
    (power / color distribution unknown)

more info about other characters later icon_e_smile.gif

SW would look fine, however i fear devs will set the passive too "safe", with the new design pattern.
    2 tuns / 4 tiles is the lowest which i can approve.

If these colors are correct, then SW will be the first green-blue-p(ink)urple character, which...would be the last unused three color combo.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Upcoming cover changes
    kfC5PUq.jpg?1
    5h8Vw4i.jpg?1
    oc2K8h2.jpg
    1CmBpqs.jpg
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Upcoming cover changes

1. ugh
    2. great
    3. ok, even if a bit wacky
    4. ugh
  • That Quicksilver cover is about nine million times better than the current one. I wish they'd use more classic covers.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    That Quicksilver cover is about nine million times better than the current one. I wish they'd use more classic covers.

Yeah, I would love to see more 70s/80s covers, as well as more early roster Avengers (I'm pretty happy to have Beast in the game, and happier that he's kind useful now, I'd love to have Angel and Wonderman in the mix. I assume we'll be getting Ant-Man after the AoU brouhaha has calmed down.)
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Upcoming cover changes

1. ugh
    2. great
    3. ok, even if a bit wacky
    4. ugh

The only one I like less than current is the new 3daken
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is that fourth one some kind of parody/joke? Looks like the box art to a bad 90s computer game.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Is that fourth one some kind of parody/joke? Looks like the box art to a bad 90s computer game.

Took me a minute to realize that was for tiny daken. Thank god, I thought it was for tiny wolvie LOL
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Those are ALL hideous. Omgosh.
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    3* Daken is quality, Ares is slightly better, Quiksilver is probably equal quality but I don't see the need for change so soon and 2* Daken is terrible.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    We're probably looking at another set of back-to-back-to-back character releases: Vision->Hulkbuster->Scarlet
    Or switch Scarlet and Vision.

Best we can hope for is that Ultron will just be an unplayable boss character, like Gorgon.

Even that would be fantastic, what I worry about is:

2* Cyclops : which no one will want to put on their roster, so few go for?
    Then, he'll be essential for the 4*: T50 for individuals, of course.
    Then the 4* will finally get you the 3* Scarlet Witch.

That way, they can be sure that the vets have the least chance of both the 4* and the 3*. That's the way these things seem to be going.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    RoryQ wrote:
    3* Daken is quality, Ares is slightly better, Quiksilver is probably equal quality but I don't see the need for change so soon and 2* Daken is terrible.

It was properly a placeholder image until they got rights cleared for the image they really wanted to use (or maybe that in reverse?).

That being said, I pretty much agree with your assessment. 3* Daken's cover is perfect. Yah, he looks like a freakin' mongoloid....but that's because he does look like a freakin' mongoloid - and that shot captures the whole 'pheromone rage' thing perfectly.

Both Ares covers are pretty bland imo, but this one is maybe a little calmer on the eyes (as in it's a little less hectic). To be honest, I kinda like this one.

Both QS covers are meh. New one is extra meh to me because it just looks goofy. It's over less aesthetically pleasing to me.

Last but not least, that 2* Daken cover is horrendous. Vomit.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Is that a new cover for Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, or Vision...?
This discussion has been closed.