[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    And which Cyclops would you prefer?

58d26ec5251e4e1c6ab00401e77596d6752dfe2b_r.jpg

Let's see, we have the original yellow jumper, and the superheroic underwear-on-the-outside, which is pretty cool and classy. Then we move into the scuba gear era with several variations on the theme, followed by the panties plus completely function-free bandolier, which had surprising staying power compared to the short-lived animated version with awesome shoulder pads. There's my personal favorite: Extreme Mullet Cyclops. We've got the snazzy yellow leather vest uniform before the character's unfortunate steroid scandal, but at least he stopped wearing his underwear over his pants (sadly though, he just substituted his jock strap instead). Then there's some goth **** suit, followed by the current "X of Shame" variant.

I agree, time travel, alternate universes, and teen versions of established characters are played out concepts, and Tyklops is by far the least interesting of the All New X-Men. Hell, they even made Iceman gay. But how else are they going to bring back Jean Grey once per decade , which I'm pretty sure is written into her contract, so they can kill her again?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    ROTF at those descriptions.
  • bcas76 wrote:
    And which Cyclops would you prefer?

58d26ec5251e4e1c6ab00401e77596d6752dfe2b_r.jpg

Let's see, we have the original yellow jumper, and the superheroic underwear-on-the-outside, which is pretty cool and classy. Then we move into the scuba gear era with several variations on the theme, followed by the panties plus completely function-free bandolier, which had surprising staying power compared to the short-lived animated version with awesome shoulder pads. There's my personal favorite: Extreme Mullet Cyclops. We've got the snazzy yellow leather vest uniform before the character's unfortunate steroid scandal, but at least he stopped wearing his underwear over his pants (sadly though, he just substituted his jock strap instead). Then there's some goth **** suit, followed by the current "X of Shame" variant.

I agree, time travel, alternate universes, and teen versions of established characters are played out concepts, and Tyklops is by far the least interesting of the All New X-Men. Hell, they even made Iceman gay. But how else are they going to bring back Jean Grey once per decade , which I'm pretty sure is written into her contract, so they can kill her again?
    It's like the most boring party in the universe
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking about the upcoming characters for the next few releases, and the "3*, 3*, 4*" release pattern.

We just had Hulkbuster as the last 4*, and Vision is the next 3*. We're expecting another Cyclops (likely 2*) and a Daredevil villain, maybe Bullseye (likely 3*).

Now that seems to disrupt the pattern a little. Could it be that one of those two is actually going to be a 4*? Or perhaps the next 4* isn't hiding in the code yet?
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    removed because of comment below
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    hexad_2808 wrote:
    My alliance mate just sent us these photos

That's the opposite of discretion that guys like Turul employed. You can get the dev in trouble for just dropping names and powers like that.

You should remove these. Hints. Suggestions. Riddles. Come on, man. I get that it's all cool to hate Demiurge. XFW. Spider-Man. Sentry. Bagneto. Heck; even 2* Thor and 2* Wolverine. They were all cool but neutered because their peers couldn't match their awesomeness.

But early releases like this get people in deep @#%^@#. Even ICEIX doesn't get to reveal details too early.
  • ronin-san wrote:
    hexad_2808 wrote:
    My alliance mate just sent us these photos

That's the opposite of discretion that guys like Turul employed. You can get the dev in trouble for just dropping names and powers like that.

You should remove these. Hints. Suggestions. Riddles. Come on, man. I get that it's all cool to hate Demiurge. XFW. Spider-Man. Sentry. Bagneto. Heck; even 2* Thor and 2* Wolverine. They were all cool but neutered because their peers couldn't match their awesomeness.

But early releases like this get people in deep @#%^@#. Even ICEIX doesn't get to reveal details too early.
    Thanks, you are right, new to forum so didnt know the rules, i have removed the post
  • hexad_2808 wrote:
    removed because of comment below
    dont just remove it we need to know
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    hexad_2808 wrote:
    Thanks, you are right, new to forum so didnt know the rules, i have removed the post

It's cool. I didn't want you to get in trouble.

And I'm excited to see someone throw paper clips to kill an enemy, and passively get a bonus from it. Speaking of which, did you see the trailer for True Detectives S2?

But it seems a bit psychotic, to lash out details like that. Come on... papa-klump-nutty-professor.jpg

Cyclops is a foregone conclusion. They've already discussed colors and abilities for him. But the others are best left cryptically.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm unstable, it's true,
    And with daddy, I've an issue or two.
    From my axe (or claw or spear)
    None are safe if any are near.

Dead bodies have a price
    And I certainly have mine
    If the target is in my sights
    I'll take them out every time
  • bcas76 wrote:
    There's my personal favorite: Extreme Mullet Cyclops.
    Yes, please. Business in the front, X-treme(tm) party in the back. icon_razz.gif
  • so...about them spoilers....put them on a blog maybe? the ones we're not supposed to know about? 3rd party site? somewhere...else?

Cuz I didn't see them and stuff.

That's how the classy games do it.
  • Arondite wrote:

I'm unstable, it's true,

Dead bodies have a price

Unsure about the first one, maybe I'm taking parts of it too literally.

That second one sure fits Bullseye tho...
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Arondite wrote:

I'm unstable, it's true,

Dead bodies have a price
    Are these descriptions about two different characters or only one?
  • Dom22
    Dom22 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Alexraven wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

I'm unstable, it's true,

Dead bodies have a price

Unsure about the first one, maybe I'm taking parts of it too literally.

That second one sure fits Bullseye tho...

i believe the 1st one had a MAXIMUM Crossover event in the mid 90's
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Yeah, the first description perfectly fits Carnage, and the second one could be easily Bullseye.
  • TheHood wrote:
    Yeah, the first description perfectly fits Carnage, and the second one could be easily Bullseye.
    Agreed. That looks a lot like carnage and his hatred for venom.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it's Carnage tat will be *awesome*!

He's one of the most memorable villain in Spiderman.
  • Carnage.

Some people seem to like him.

I guess.

For some reason.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Carnage.

Some people seem to like him.

I guess.

For some reason.
    As a fan of carnage i'd like to explain why that may be. For me at the least it was because carnage was so commonly associated with venom and being a guy who likes his bad guys more venom was one of my favorites in the spider-man rogues gallery. So then I saw this character who was basically a more evil venom with seemingly more strength. That's really the reason why I think people like him.

Carnage would be awesome though. I just wish there was a venom who wasn't just 1* before we got carnage. Where's agent venom? icon_e_sad.gif
This discussion has been closed.