[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    What if her bubble popping power did X-Force level dmg? How owuld people feel about that? It would be X-Force at the expense of arguably 16 AP.
    Damage is nice for a start. But which pattern of tile destruction generates more AP? X-force or Bubble Blasting? icon_e_smile.gif Maybe if we can choose one bubble which will generate AP from surrounding tiles and two more random bubbles just do damage and no AP. Or something. If her rework ends up Ragnarok level of underwhelming, I'd be really disappointed.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's not bad as is right now, she's just too expensive

As we have seen in the Gauntlet, Xavier's invisible is quite annoying, if this adds a supposed protect tile and maybe another tweak it will be solid

Force Bubbles is a really, really good skill, I mean you can lock down any special tile, so she can shut down Cage, IF, any CD tile, it's just expensive

Force Field--If this doesn't end the turn but doesn't generate AP I'm okay, because guess what, if it does more damage and blows up the board, you are going to get AP on the cascade, my guess is at level 5 this destorys all your tiles for big damage.

If they only dropped her blue to say 8 AP, she would probably be top tier PvE since she could really lock down the team. She needs less work than what people think, and if we end up getting a PvE top tier quality character to what X-Force is to say PvP, I'll be happy.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    She's (IW) not bad as is right now, she's just too expensive
    Not to derail this thread completely, but you could say this about a bunch of underused characters, and their reluctance to just tweak the numbers on some of them in very minor ways has always frustrated the hell out of me.

Take IM40. In the post-Lazy-Thor world of MPQ, does anyone really think his blue needs to cost 20 (plus extra AP drain)? The fact that you'd rather cast two Wind Storms for 22, a power from a 2* character that's 70 levels lower, tells you how stupid that cost is. But rather than do minor tweaks that could bring some of these characters up to a very playable level we have perpetual benchwarmers who have to wait until the redesign fairy comes to visit once every six months and hope they don't end up like Rags.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kamala Khan revealed, http://www.mtv.com/news/2114583/kamala- ... zle-quest/

expected cover art
    94tJpn6.jpg
  • Phaserhawk
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    She's (IW) not bad as is right now, she's just too expensive
    Not to derail this thread completely, but you could say this about a bunch of underused characters, and their reluctance to just tweak the numbers on some of them in very minor ways has always frustrated the hell out of me.

Take IM40. In the post-Lazy-Thor world of MPQ, does anyone really think his blue needs to cost 20 (plus extra AP drain)? The fact that you'd rather cast two Wind Storms for 22, a power from a 2* character that's 70 levels lower, tells you how stupid that cost is. But rather than do minor tweaks that could bring some of these characters up to a very playable level we have perpetual benchwarmers who have to wait until the redesign fairy comes to visit once every six months and hope they don't end up like Rags.

I've said all along, I don't need all the characters to be crazy powerful, just playable, you can make a character very overpowered for niche scenarios and be happy with them. I mean say they created a character that stole 3 CD's for 9 AP, Could add timers for 5 AP, and then some generic damage skill. This character would be terrible in PvP and for most PvE, but in Goon 3 or Goon 2 battles he would be insanely powerful, that's all I want out of a character, as long as they are playable, even in a small area, it's better than the IM40's, the IW, Doc Ock's, who when even in the niche enviornment they should be in, they suck.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Yeah, IW sucks.

The word Shape-shifting is actually in title page description of Ms. Marvel comics. It took forever for people to guess her. Because, you know, it was totally going to be Super Skrull...

So, we've got left:
    Spider-Man related character
    Sharpshooter
    Days of Future Past
    Lots O' HP
    Color in name

Plus some vagueness about villains, chaos, brute force, speed, etc.

Am I about up to date?
  • I've been expecting Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch to come out around Age of Ultron, and we're closing in on its release, so they're probably soon. Vision, too, maybe, as well as Ultron and Hulkbuster. The latter three could all be the "lots of HP" one, Quicksilver could be DOFP, Scarlet Witch color in name.

Daredevil is about to drop on Netflix, and I could see us getting Kingpin from that, and he could be both Spidey villain and lots of HP.

Sharpshooter probably isn't tied to a major media release, and that list is light on X-Men, so that may well be Gambit.

Note that the last few releases have all been the most obvious person, so I'm going to go with that moving forward.
  • Phaserhawk
    Yeah

DOFP is either going to be Quicksilver or Kitty Pryde, unless they go Sentinel, that would be cool to, but I'm leaning towards the first two.

Color in the name, yeah that's either Scarlet Witch, or Quicksilver, although you could have Green Goblin as well but I'm on for Scarlet Witch

Sharpshooter--yeah I also say Gambit or a possible 3* Bullseye

Lot's of HP--That sounds like a 4*, Hulkbuster or Ultron mayble?

Spiderman Related--I would love if it was a 3* Venom or Carnage, but Kingpin probably is right.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    I'm hoping the sharpshooter is Bullseye (Classic) as well - although more of the promotional push for the Daredevil show seems to revolve around Vincent D'onofrio as the Kingpin, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's the only DD-related character they put out in the next month or so.
  • Bishop could be the sharp shooter or Days of Future past.
  • turul wrote:
    Kamala Khan revealed, http://www.mtv.com/news/2114583/kamala- ... zle-quest/

expected cover art
    94tJpn6.jpg

Great...now if any of you other Ms. Marvels out there want to be included, be sure to raise your hand quickly, or we're moving on...anyone...? /sarcasm off

So, the next clues were 'chaos of speed' and 'crime and brute force'...two different characters...

I admittedly over thought the Kamala Khan clues (maybe I was trying to convince myself that it was going to be someone else), so I think I'll dumb things down and say like everyone else:

Chaos and speed:
    best odds: quicksilver (since turul said no dual characters in the next clues, a la R&G; color or DFOP reference)
    Dark horse: electro (spiderman related, and what's faster and more chaotic than living electricity)

Crime and brute force:
    Best odds: Kingpin (spidey related)
    Dark horse: Apocalypse (it's a stretch to think of him as a criminal; maybe a DFOP or High HP)

Final note: if the release trend holds true, one of these two will be a 4*...
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    I'm hoping for Kingpin as a 4* villain (or Ultron). But it's a sign of either how successful the game is or how serious Marvel takes the game that they push marketing synergy so much that we almost have to consider it when guessing upcoming characters. Ms. Marvel (Kamala) has exactly thirteen comic issues. Squirrel Girl? Three.

Also, don't they usually end character reveals with "and folks will get a chance to win (character) starting on (date) in (some pve), then we'll get to play as (character)..." etc? I miss that.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Vortex PVP coming!!!
  • turul wrote:
    That's what I call my falcon cage blade team.
  • Marc_Spector
    turul wrote:

Huh!... based on the current comic event?

(Does that mean related characters are top-buffed? Star-Lord, Cyclops, etc?)
    (too bad Nova's not in this game yet)
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:

What Marvel character is black vortex associated with?
  • zonatahunt wrote:
    turul wrote:

What Marvel character is black vortex associated with?

It's a Guardians/X-Men crossover.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alliance mate just dug up some interesting
    A2 related character details including an alliance event
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    One of the things that sort of amuses me in this thread is people continuing to speculate on future character identity, but ignoring what I think is the obvious pattern that Demiurge has set up with respect to character introduction.

Since the anniversary and Devil Dino, how many characters have been released that didn't directly relate to (a) the MCU/Fox/Sony movie properties, (b) the Netflix TV series, or (c) comics that are currently selling well?

The answer: By my count, two. Squirrel Girl (and there's some thought that SG was kind of a joke by the developers), and Blade (who isn't exactly obscure).

GotG comes out in summer of 2014.... we get Gamora, Rocket & Groot, and Star Lord.
    X-Men:DOFP comes out in summer of 2014.... we get Mystique, Cyclops, and Prof X.
    Netflix starts announcing casting for AKA Jessica Jones and the Luke Cage and Iron Fist Marvel TV series.... we get Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
    Marvel surprises everyone with its plans for a Captain Marvel film down the road.... we get 2* Ms. Marvel.
    Marvel gets huge press from turning Thor into a woman.... we get Lady Thor.
    Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel becomes one of the best-selling and most-talked-about comic series ever, and is revealed as one of the new Avengers... we get Kamala Khan.

Etc.

Welp, guess what. We've got Daredevil finally premiering in a couple of weeks, and Age of Ultron a month after that. And Channing Tatum just made some waves by talking about the Gambit film going ahead into production finally. So when I see the "speed" and "color" hints, it's nice to think, well, it might be [fairly obscure character that popped up in Astonishing X-Men in 1995 or whatever]... but it's Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. When I see "sharpshooter", I'd love to think it's a Bullseye rework.... but it's Gambit. When I see "spidey villain/ crime".... and there's a "name" actor in Vincent D'Onofrio as the headline bad guy in Daredevil... it's gonna be Kingpin.

And I can already predict, thanks to the relaunched Avengers cover, that we'll get Vision very soon, Miles Morales Spidey at some point thereafter, and probably Nova down the road. (And maybe even a 4* Sam Wilson Captain America.) Also, we might be due for an Agents of SHIELD tie-in character... probably Daisy Johnson, but maybe Coulson. (And Mister Hyde as the longest of longshots in that department.)

The thing I'm curious about is whether they will slip any non-tie-in characters along the way, i.e. who's the next Squirrel Girl?

Thank you for your time. Rock on, superheroes of the forum.
  • Marc_Spector
    great post, DaveR4470.

Actually, Squirrel Girl does fit into exactly what you were talking about -- her character was released a few weeks before or after the first issue of her new ongoing series, which was promoted fairly heavily on comics news sites.
This discussion has been closed.