[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    I would love the sharpshooter to be taskmaster but he's not truly a sharpshooter. He's more about watching what someone else does and adapting to their abilities so I mean he "could" be a sharpshooter but that's not his actual skill. His actual skill is called "Photographic Reflexes" which enables him to watch another person’s physical movements and duplicate them without practice, no matter how complex. This ability is only limited by the fact that he does not possess superhuman strength or other superhuman attributes.

That being said I think d3 could do amazing things with him in terms of skills.
  • From latest patch note preview
    This month we explore the chaotic qualities of speed, crime and brute force.

So that tells us that Quicksilver is likely the color (or Days of Future Past)

And Crime and Brute force makes me think it's the Spidey Villian, and is Rhino
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    They tend not to giveat hints for multiple people at a time, so those hints are likely for one person.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    My mind initially read that sentence as 3 separate clues for Quicksilver, Kingpin, and Drax. icon_e_smile.gif (Although, yes, I'm sure it's very unlikely to have 3 characters released in the same month)
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    They tend not to giveat hints for multiple people at a time, so those hints are likely for one person.

I am pretty sure it is two people. The last hint was also for two people. One was for Prof X and the other for the shapeshifter which was just announced. The newest announcement is two new ones, Quicksilver and probably Kingpin.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    taloncarde wrote:
    From latest patch note preview
    This month we explore the chaotic qualities of speed, crime and brute force.

So that tells us that Quicksilver is likely the color (or Days of Future Past)

And Crime and Brute force makes me think it's the Spidey Villian, and is Rhino

It also makes sense to he previous hints re: high hit points.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Without an oxford comma I read it as two hints being:
    [*] Chaotic qualities of speed.
    [*] Crime and brute force.

Of course such usage has been largely thrown out, so it could be a single hint just as easily. One, two, three, nine?
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I highly doubt the Quicksilver we'll see will be the DOFP version, as that was a Fox film. I'm pretty sure we'll see the Quicksilver from the Avengers 2 movie being released shortly. At least I pray that's the version we get...
  • zonatahunt wrote:
    I highly doubt the Quicksilver we'll see will be the DOFP version, as that was a Fox film. I'm pretty sure we'll see the Quicksilver from the Avengers 2 movie being released shortly. At least I pray that's the version we get...

Comics version is a certainty, I think. They haven't released movie versions of anybody.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quicksilver and Kingpin would make sense with both Age of Ultron and the Daredevil series coming out in April.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:

Comics version is a certainty, I think. They haven't released movie versions of anybody.

You mean besides Dare Devil and Nick Fury? Movies follow Comics follow movies. The art style begins to depict the character in the movie/show occasionally. Just look at the Dare Devil character and tell me you don't see Ben Afleck.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Lerysh wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:

You mean besides Dare Devil and Nick Fury? Movies follow Comics follow movies. The art style begins to depict the character in the movie/show occasionally. Just look at the Dare Devil character and tell me you don't see Ben Afleck.

Ultimate Nick Fury has been around since 2001. They made him look like SLJ. SLJ contacted Marvel and secured the role of any future movie roles as NF.

I try not to look too closely at DD. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Just look at the Dare Devil character and tell me you don't see Ben Afleck.

Not really, and it's definitely not the movie costume.

And what Lidolas said about Nick Fury.
  • I see the words speed and chaos. Scarlet Witch does chaos magic and he brother is the speedster Quicksilver. Wouldn't shock me if they were a 4* team.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the riddles, I got these on my own:
    3 VOWELS
    7 ORION

I wonder if 5 has something to do with trademarks/patents/copyright?
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Lerysh wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:

I don't see Ben Afleck.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Lidolas wrote:
    Ultimate Nick Fury has been around since 2001. They made him look like SLJ. SLJ contacted Marvel and secured the role of any future movie roles as NF.
    I believe the first cover art that MPQ released for Nick Fury did actually look like SL Jackson, IIRC icon_question.gif
    Then they changed for the current cover and I thought it was because MPQ or Marvel didn't have the rights to use SLJ picture...
  • I didn't mean to imply Quicksilver would be the movie version of Days of Future past (just the comic it was based on) but since he is featured just trying to use the various clues we had been given to see what he might fit under.

Also, they have not been using movie likenesses except for coincidences. As others have pointed out, Ultimate NF is based on Sam jackson, so the fact that he looks the same is not really an indicator. Star Lord doesn't look like Chris Pratt, Gamora doesn't look like Zoe Saldana, etc. (Rocket and Groot though do look like Rocket and Groot, but I bet they have different voice actors for the game...)
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course my Days of Future Past hint does not mean, that the character will be DOFP themed, it's just a hint to narrow down characters to a smaller set.

BTW, looks like the 2* will appear only later.
  • Turul, can you confirm if the latest "hints" in the patch notes are for 2 charachters (Chaos and Speed, Crime and Brute) or for multiple charachters? (Chaos, Speed, Crime, Brute)

Also, are any of these dual covers like Rocket and Groot?
This discussion has been closed.