[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Spiritclaw wrote:
    Never heard of Khamala Khan until this thread, but after googling around a bit, she sounds very cool.
    Riddle = Space Pirate? (Guessing.) Nebula, maybe? Would she be a 2* sharpshooter?
    Corsair
  • KingOzymandius
    KingOzymandius Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Skygazing wrote:
    I hope you all enjoyed that last riddle, as I've come up with something new today.

The following puzzle will reveal more information regarding the upcoming character, provided you can solve it of course.

All I ask is that if you think you've figured it out that you spoiler tag what you discover.
    bQt08Pm.jpg

Without a little bit more information, (i.e. Do all the answers follow a certain theme or is it a free-for-all? Are all solutions one-word answers, and' if not, do spaces in between words take up a spot?) I don't know how much use I can be.

Still, I'll contribute what I can. My answers to #5 and #7, respectively.
    Genesis
    Orion
  • Skygazing wrote:
    I hope you all enjoyed that last riddle, as I've come up with something new today.

The following puzzle will reveal more information regarding the upcoming character, provided you can solve it of course.

All I ask is that if you think you've figured it out that you spoiler tag what you discover.
    bQt08Pm.jpg

Without a little bit more information, (i.e. Do all the answers follow a certain theme or is it a free-for-all? Are all solutions one-word answers, and' if not, do spaces in between words take up a spot?) I don't know how much use I can be.

Still, I'll contribute what I can. My answers to #5 and #7, respectively.
    Genesis
    Orion

I think #3 might be
    Pieces
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Skygazing wrote:

bQt08Pm.jpg

Hey, can we get a fillable form next time? icon_razz.gif

Sure are a lot of cosmic references there ... I think!
    1. I fall into eternity [S P A C E] or DEATH?

2. Possessed of sparkling brow L A C K B O L T

3. Of these I have eight. G U [A] R D S

4. Monumental; called sadistic. ?

5. I mark the beginning of an idea. G E N E S I or INKLING?

6. Dark Anger [P] H O E N I X

7. Huntsman of the sky [O] R I O N
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    I fall into eternity: could be Satan/devil
  • KingOzymandius
    Huh. #5 could also simply be:
    Thought
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Huh. #5 could also simply be:
    Thought
    The only puzzle I could solve was the last one about the constellation. It gives "O" as the last letter of the word. And the only name for a Marvel character I knew that ends in O and has 6 letters is Pietro.
    If you're right, T would fit with that overall solution. So, I hope you are, because I'd like to see both twins in the game. And sooner the better. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • spccrain
    If it is quicksilver we would almost have to see the return of 2ap powers just to account for his speed
    And with all the cosmic sounding hints could silver surfer be the color character? He would have a sparkling brow
  • KingOzymandius
    Skygazing wrote:

It seems to me that, whatever the solution to the puzzle is, it has to do only with the next character release, the female shapeshifter believed to be Kamala Khan. Likely it is the name of another one of her special abilities, like the first puzzle was. I don't think we should be looking for any further character reveals in Skygazing's latest puzzle, but rather getting enough information to confirm the character's identity (although I'm 98% sure we're right) and possibly guess at the in-game effects of another one of her powers. Maybe Skygazing or turul will hint at the game effects of the second special ability when we solve the puzzle?
  • spccrain
    Well put king haha completely missed that
    could possessed of sparking brow simply be intelligent
    Edit* scratch that I'm at work and apparently forgot how to count
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Anyone else already sick of these weird, cryptic clues and stuff?
    I liked this thread better when there was meaningful character discussion based on Turul's simpler hints. If this is the way Of the future for the spoiler thread I may go back to just letting MPQ tell me who is coming our and when.
    Too many cooks in the kitchen I think.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    3. has to be vowels, there are 8 of them in the sentence. I like the pieces idea, but due to context I'd go with vowels.

and dark rage is umbrage - nice double definition by the way.

Monumental; or sadistic - was thinking monster maybe. Monstrous means large, and taking pleasure in cruelty is a basis for being that.

Think the sparkling brow one has to revolve around a crown some how - it's a synonym for brow, to possess something someone owns it, which partially makes up crown, and sparkle is what an ornate crown does - can get it up to around the right letters if I put it down as uncrowned but unsure of that. Would pencil it if this was a crossword but am unhappy with it - something doesn't sit right..
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Its angel......
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    It seems to me that, whatever the solution to the puzzle is, it has to do only with the next character release, the female shapeshifter believed to be Kamala Khan. Likely it is the name of another one of her special abilities, like the first puzzle was. I don't think we should be looking for any further character reveals in Skygazing's latest puzzle, but rather getting enough information to confirm the character's identity (although I'm 98% sure we're right) and possibly guess at the in-game effects of another one of her powers. Maybe Skygazing or turul will hint at the game effects of the second special ability when we solve the puzzle?

This is closer to what you'll actually get. I should also note that the puzzle has two parts, and those guessing that it reveals another power name or something to that effect are incorrect.

That being said, there have been a few correct answers so far. I'll probably give this another day or so before I start confirming them.
    Anyone else already sick of these weird, cryptic clues and stuff?
    I liked this thread better when there was meaningful character discussion based on Turul's simpler hints. If this is the way Of the future for the spoiler thread I may go back to just letting MPQ tell me who is coming our and when.
    Too many cooks in the kitchen I think.

You're welcome to ignore them then. I just felt that providing some sort of way to work towards figuring out information instead of just blindly guessing would be fun, at least for most.
  • KingOzymandius
    Blergh wrote:
    3. has to be vowels, there are 8 of them in the sentence. I like the pieces idea, but due to context I'd go with vowels.

and dark rage is umbrage - nice double definition by the way.

Monumental; or sadistic - was thinking monster maybe. Monstrous means large, and taking pleasure in cruelty is a basis for being that.

Think the sparkling brow one has to revolve around a crown some how - it's a synonym for brow, to possess something someone owns it, which partially makes up crown, and sparkle is what an ornate crown does - can get it up to around the right letters if I put it down as uncrowned but unsure of that. Would pencil it if this was a crossword but am unhappy with it - something doesn't sit right..
    Umbrage ...

Ha! I love it!

And I'm liking "Vowels" as the answer for #3. Even if it's not the right answer, it's a clever solution.

I'm not completely sold on "Monster", though I don't really have an alternate solution.

I think we can safely assume that #6 and #7 are solved at the very least, and I'm optimistic about Blergh's answer for #3. There's a few possible answers for #5, so I think we need to figure out more of the rest of the puzzle before we can pin down what fits there.

So the solution isn't a power name (which is helpful to know, as it tells us what we should expect the solution to look like, or not look like as the case may be). It does get us closer to figuring out what's going on with the upcoming character, though. And it's a two-parter ... hm.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2015
    All letters of clue #1 are included... And that answer is
    death

So the answer could only be:
    deathstroke, which would fit the daredevil movie... No?
  • spccrain
    Salgy wrote:
    death

deathstoke, which would fit the daredevil movie... No?

Not unless they are changing the name of the game to DC vs Mpq :p
    fun fact deadpool was originally a spoof on death stroke
  • I enjoy riddles. I'll throw out my guesses, some of which are the same as what others have already posted.
    1) Nothing original from me, but DEATH and SPACE seem pretty solid
    2) ANGELICAL
    3) POWERS? SENSES? LOVERS? I'm stumped on this one. I like Blergh's guess of VOWELS better.
    4) OMINOUS
    5) THOUGHT
    6) MADNESS
    7) ORION
  • KingOzymandius
    Salgy wrote:
    death

deathstoke, which would fit the daredevil movie... No?

I don't think so, Salgy.

While the answer to #1 could very well be what you think it is, we can't know that for sure. Also, Skygazing's first puzzle involved unscrambling letters ... even if all the letters in clue #1 are included, they don't necessarily have to remain in the same order in relation to each other or the letters included from the other clues.

As to the rest:
    If you're thinking Deathstroke, that's a DC Comics character. Lady Deathstrike is Marvel, but is more closely associated with Wolverine. Of course, I can't claim my knowledge of Daredevil to be encyclopedic. Far from it - I can only speak with authority in regards to his interactions with Mysterio, Kingpin, and to a lesser extent Bullseye. There easily could be a Daredevil-related character named Deathstoke that I don't know about, although a quick web search doesn't offer much in the way of results.

Also (minor point) but the upcoming Daredevil thing is actually a Netflix mini-series, rather than a movie.

Anyways, I'm under the impression that Skygazing's puzzle is meant to point towards more information about the upcoming "female shapeshifter" character, rather than a new character further down the line.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think so, Salgy.
    Oh well, worth a shot... I think the answer to 1 is either
    death or dream... If anyone else has a guess
    If you're thinking Deathstroke, that's a DC Comics character. Lady Deathstrike is Marvel, but is more closely associated with Wolverine. Of course, I can't claim my knowledge of Daredevil to be encyclopedic. Far from it - I can only speak with authority in regards to his interactions with Mysterio, Kingpin, and to a lesser extent Bullseye. There easily could be a Daredevil-related character named Deathstoke that I don't know about, although a quick web search doesn't offer much in the way of results.

What about this guy? I am pretty ignorant to all things comics, so I understand that I'm probably 100% wrong
This discussion has been closed.