[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Mavrek32 wrote:
    Jean Grey.

She wears green and she can shape-shift, kind-of.
    No she can't
  • Jean would have to be a 4* , right? Although I suppose some of the 4* they have made are relatively weak so it doesn't seem they take that into account..
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Want a female shapeshifter? Hello, Deadpool already in game, let's go with his girl Copycat!

http://marvel.wikia.com/Vanessa_Carlysle_(Earth-616)
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    darvish11 wrote:
    Jean would have to be a 4* , right? Although I suppose some of the 4* they have made are relatively weak so it doesn't seem they take that into account..
    It would be a mistake to make very popular characters exclusively 4*s. I couldn't consider buying a cover for X-Force until I had 11 of them. 4* are going to continue to be somewhat obscure P2W characters or variants of characters already in the game. X-Force and GoT are arguable the less popular incarnations of these characters. They may appeal to current comic fans, but they definitely don't win nostalgia points.

I think they said something very similar to this in the last Q & A. 4* are all about rarity (HP cost), not comic lore "power."
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Want a female shapeshifter? Hello, Deadpool already in game, let's go with his girl Copycat!

http://marvel.wikia.com/Vanessa_Carlysle_(Earth-616)

Never heard of her (and that fits a clue from someone else)... In any case, Copycat looks dead on and a great fit for the power leaked. Maybe they can reuse some code for Rogue later icon_e_wink.gif.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    My guess for Rogue is that she'll have a power where she takes some or all of the opponent's special tiles, which would approximate "power stealing" pretty well. I could also see her having a skill where she uses whatever skill the enemy turn last used, making using that big power (like Surgical Strike or Call of the Storm) really dangerous if it doesn't kill her.

That said, I don't think she's the shapeshifter, simply because she isn't a shapeshifter.

People keep saying she's not a shapeshifter, but she has been able to assume the physical characteristics of the person she's absorbing abilities from. How does that not qualify? But I also think it's Copycat.

http://marvel.com/characters/48/rogue
  • SirPhobos wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    My guess for Rogue is that she'll have a power where she takes some or all of the opponent's special tiles, which would approximate "power stealing" pretty well. I could also see her having a skill where she uses whatever skill the enemy turn last used, making using that big power (like Surgical Strike or Call of the Storm) really dangerous if it doesn't kill her.

That said, I don't think she's the shapeshifter, simply because she isn't a shapeshifter.

People keep saying she's not a shapeshifter, but she has been able to assume the physical characteristics of the person she's absorbing abilities from. How does that not qualify? But I also think it's Copycat.

Because it's a minor part of her powerset that she can't always do. It's like calling Superman a cold-based hero. It's technically accurate at times, but it would also be a deliberately misleading way to refer to her.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    SirPhobos wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Because it's a minor part of her powerset that she can't always do. It's like calling Superman a cold-based hero. It's technically accurate at times, but it would also be a deliberately misleading way to refer to her.

Fair point, but I wouldn't think misdirection is beyond MPQ or Turul. The guessing game is half the fun. Is it any more misleading than saying Professor X can turn invisible?
  • darvish11 wrote:
    Jean would have to be a 4* , right? Although I suppose some of the 4* they have made are relatively weak so it doesn't seem they take that into account..

Not really. Magneto is considered an Omega level mutant and he's a 3*.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    ark123 wrote:
    darvish11 wrote:

And a 2*
  • SirPhobos wrote:
    Fair point, but I wouldn't think misdirection is beyond MPQ or Turul. The guessing game is half the fun. Is it any more misleading than saying Professor X can turn invisible?

Using the same logic, though, we can guess Rogue for anything. She was just as likely to be the telepath as a shapeshifter, and for the exact same reason. She could be the person with a ton of hit points. I don't see any reason for shapeshifter to be particularly singled out for her.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    SirPhobos wrote:

Using the same logic, though, we can guess Rogue for anything. She was just as likely to be the telepath as a shapeshifter, and for the exact same reason. She could be the person with a ton of hit points. I don't see any reason for shapeshifter to be particularly singled out for her.

I have a hard time thinking of a Rogue clue that isn't an instant giveaway. Probably not the DoFP clue since she's not much of a player in that. Of course she may not even be coming any time soon, but given her popularity you'd expect to see her eventually.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Lidolas wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    darvish11 wrote:

And a 2*

The Devs will happily remind you that # of *s in no way reflects power level, but rather rarity in game.

That and a million iso8.png might get you a tinykitty cup of coffee.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Devs will happily remind you that # of *s in no way reflects power level, but rather rarity in game.
    ... which would make them look really stupid if they are suggesting that 1s, 2s and 3s are all interchangeable in terms of their power level
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Now with everyone else hopping on the hint train I'd like to contribute. As it stands everyone knows that we have a female shapeshifter coming. Namely, one with a power that creates green tiles. Many of you have guessed correctly, that much I will say. I've enjoyed seeing some of the more "out there" suggestions too. Understanding my post should help to clear things up though. Here's a clue to help you out.

Earnest heroes have their day. Some will go and some will stay. Through it all we persevere. Searching, waiting, for smoke to clear. Never do we wonder when it will end. It is a truth we must not offend. Rise above and search within. Chosen, puzzle-solving kin. Her shifting form is not the first. Still with the first you must converse. Every end you must disperse. The char you seek comes first in verse.
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Skygazing wrote:
    Now with everyone else hopping on the hint train I'd like to contribute. As it stands everyone knows that we have a female shapeshifter coming. Namely, one with a power that creates green tiles. Many of you have guessed correctly, that much I will say. I've enjoyed seeing some of the more "out there" suggestions too. Understanding my post should help to clear things up though. Here's a clue to help you out.

Earnest heroes have their day. Some will go and some will stay. Through it all we persevere. Searching, waiting, for smoke to clear. Never do we wonder when it will end. It is a truth we must not offend. Rise above and search within. Chosen, puzzle-solving kin. Her shifting form is not the first. Still with the first you must converse. Every end you must disperse. The char you seek comes first in verse.

...uh, what?
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    johnnyzero wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:

...uh, what?

It's a riddle.
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Skygazing wrote:
    johnnyzero wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:

...uh, what?

It's a riddle.
    icon_e_biggrin.gif

So.... it's Voldemort? icon_e_wink.gif
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    Skygazing wrote:
    johnnyzero wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:

...uh, what?

It's a riddle.
    icon_e_biggrin.gif

Riddler confirmed. He's green and uh..female.

[edit]Riddler has a daughter? Who knew?
    Rgo5bg7.jpg?1
  • I'd say She-Hulk but she's already in the game. I think the riddle confirms Kamala Khan. Too much of it applies to her (earnest, not the first, etc.)
This discussion has been closed.