[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• My money is on Rogue as the shapeshifter, for many of the stated reasons above.

I doubt these would make the obscurity cut, but a few other possibilities I'm not sure were mentioned:

- Starhawk (Guardians of the Galaxy from the year 3000, sometimes man/sometimes woman when merged with Aleta)
    - Danger (X-Men)
    - Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau - white costume...remember her? But honestly, do we need another Captain Marvel in the game?)
    - Husk (Paige Guthrie, Cannonball's sister)
    - Wolfsbane (X-Factor, Rahne Sinclair)

I love the suggestion of Mr. Fantastic - one of my favorite moments for him was in Earth X when he physically altered the structure of his brain in order to be able to telepathically communicate with Galactus. Physically altering his man-parts would be nothing compared to that. He is seriously underrated as a possibility for this game.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    If they do create Rogue, I can imagine she will have a very interesting niche power. Something along the lines of inheriting the target's skills and powers while leaving them stunned(comatose) for the duration of a countdown tile, ala Mystique purple.
    Forgot to bring your own X-Force? no problem

Still recall playing MarvelvsCapcom, would rush to kiss Cyclops, then optic blast him right back.

also, I think we are due a 4* villian
  • My guess for Rogue is that she'll have a power where she takes some or all of the opponent's special tiles, which would approximate "power stealing" pretty well. I could also see her having a skill where she uses whatever skill the enemy turn last used, making using that big power (like Surgical Strike or Call of the Storm) really dangerous if it doesn't kill her.

That said, I don't think she's the shapeshifter, simply because she isn't a shapeshifter.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    Just for Ben, in appreciation of his awesome contributions here:

thingcover.jpg

Cheers!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor

......... best post of 2015. Amazing work! star.png
  • Has anyone suggested meghan from old excalibur as a possibility for shapeshifter?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor

......... best post of 2015. Amazing work! star.png

You haven't seen his Thanos, have you.

Just for Ben

Here's my request, sacrilegious as it is. In honor of the reveal on the show this week, can I get a Thawne cover?

Abilities: Negative speedforce. Free turn on match 4's of Thawne's colors.
    Rapid Metabolism: Whenever a 5-of-a- kind is matched, heal the RF for 2% of his max health.
    IT WAS ME: Steal one enemy AP on 4 and 5 matchups, and plant a trap tile that does 500 when tripped.

yellowflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/6/66303/1588640-flsv2_cv8_ds_copy.jpeg
  • Meggan is a female shapeshifter who wears green. Idk

Cute_Meggan_2_By_Garret_Blair_by_ChristianPrime1_Bot.jpg
  • Oh yeah. Hmm x-calibur right?
  • Yup. Back when it was awesome. Captain britain nightcrawler etc...
  • Lady Deathstrike could be considered a shapeshifter too if you loosely consider her talons.
  • aesthetocyst
    ronin-san wrote:

Here's my request, sacrilegious as it is. In honor of the reveal on the show this week, can I get a Thawne cover?

What?!? But he's work for The Guys Down the Street icon_eek.gif ... Sacrilegious indeed!
    I'd have to check with the Forum rules and stuff.

PS -- That is the hottest Meggan I have ever seen. Yowza!
  • also, I think we are due a 4* villian

...Absolutely. A few even. What about a Rogues Gallery month, or S.H.I.E.L.D's Most Wanted month, to release like three really cool villains in a row...

Oooh oooh , what about a Sinister Six Special Event...Reboot Doc Ock, 3* Venom, 2*Kraven, 3* Mysterio, 2* Electro...
  • also, I think we are due a 4* villian

...Absolutely. A few even. What about a Rogues Gallery month, or S.H.I.E.L.D's Most Wanted month, to release like three really cool villains in a row...

Oooh oooh , what about a Sinister Six Special Event...Reboot Doc Ock, 3* Venom, 2*Kraven, 3* Mysterio, 2* Electro...

I suspect we're more likely to get an inhumans special event. Spidey is sony's icon_e_wink.gif
  • aesthetocyst
    ark123 wrote:

I suspect we're more likely to get an inhumans special event. Spidey is sony's icon_e_wink.gif

I thought Activision had the game rights to Spiderman, until last year. Did Sony pick it up? I know they have the film rights. Most unfortunately....
  • ark123 wrote:

I thought Activision had the game rights to Spiderman, until last year. Did Sony pick it up? I know they have the film rights. Most unfortunately....

MPQ clearly has some rights to Spidey, given he and some of his villains are in the game. But Spidey's also back in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and, while Sony is involved, I'd expect him to be about as likely to get a push in-game as any other MCU character with a movie coming.
  • ark123 wrote:

Non-cinematic entertainment related to a character needs to be licensed from whoever has the movie rights, it counts as merchandising. You're right that Activision does have the game rights licensed from Sony though (until 2017). So the actual answer to your question is "both" icon_e_smile.gif
  • ark123 wrote:
    Non-cinematic entertainment related to a character needs to be licensed from whoever has the movie rights, it counts as merchandising. You're right that Activision does have the game rights licensed from Sony though (until 2017). So the actual answer to your question is "both" icon_e_smile.gif
    This isn't 100% true, strictly speaking. It depends on the wording of the individual licencing agreement. Looks at the Lord of the Rings rights, where licencing is split between properties based on the books and properties based specifically on the movies. There's a lot of fine print that goes into those agreements, and a lot of different technicalities to how they can work.
  • Thugpatrol wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    This isn't 100% true, strictly speaking. It depends on the wording of the individual licencing agreement. Looks at the Lord of the Rings rights, where licencing is split between properties based on the books and properties based specifically on the movies. There's a lot of find print that goes into those agreements, and a lot of different technicalities to how they can work.
    Interesting, I thought that kind of deal was industry wide.
  • Jean Grey.

She wears green and she can shape-shift, kind-of. Just like Prof X, she can make people think she is someone else. As Phoenix she can manipulate matter at the sub-atomic level.
This discussion has been closed.