[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• turul wrote:
    St. Patricks day teaser:

(Shapeshifers ability) Converts a chosen basic tile and ??? random basic tiles of the same color to Green.
    Really hoping that's the Green Goblin with his goblin gas grenades!
  • teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    turul wrote:
    St. Patricks day teaser:

(Shapeshifers ability) Converts a chosen basic tile and ??? random basic tiles of the same color to Green.

That sounds OK.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    St. Patricks day teaser:

In before Phantron says, "nerf it, it's broken!"
  • Sharp shooter: cable, bishop, warpath, long shot, hawk eye 3*, Bullseye 3*, agent coulson, a punisher variant, Kraven the Hunter, Deadpool 2*, cannonball.

Long shot would work for "sharp" Shooter though.

There is always Han Solo.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    MonkeySlut wrote:
    Sharp shooter: cable, bishop, warpath, long shot, hawk eye 3*, Bullseye 3*, agent coulson, a punisher variant, Kraven the Hunter, Deadpool 2*, cannonball.

I've got it!!!

it's former Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter. icon_e_biggrin.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YYqprwLcMGs/ToIug9yHeCI/AAAAAAAACIo/VtcoZ7Xaha0/s1600/1983+-+Jim+Shooter+entry+in+the+Marvel+Handbook.jpg
  • MonkeySlut wrote:
    Sharp shooter: cable, bishop, warpath, long shot, hawk eye 3*, Bullseye 3*, agent coulson, a punisher variant, Kraven the Hunter, Deadpool 2*, cannonball.

I've got it!!!

it's former Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter. icon_e_biggrin.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YYqprwLcMGs/ToIug9yHeCI/AAAAAAAACIo/VtcoZ7Xaha0/s1600/1983+-+Jim+Shooter+entry+in+the+Marvel+Handbook.jpg

Whenever anyone cries "I've got it!" I recall the only scene I watched from an old Alan Quatermain movie involving a stick of dynamite...
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    St. Patricks day teaser:

I'll still go with my Rogue guess. There's nothing about Kamala Khan that says green to me.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    TazFTW wrote:
    turul wrote:
    St. Patricks day teaser:

I'll still go with my Rogue guess. There's nothing about Kamala Khan that says green to me.

But Rogue doesn't have shapeshifting powers.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker

She absorbs other mutants powers...I would call that shape shifting. icon_cool.gif
  • Female shapeshifters:

Copycat
    Athena
    Mercury
    Kamala Khan
    ?

You can stretch it to Rogue based on her Marvel.com entry: "Rogue is a mutant who formerly possessed the ability to absorb the memories, abilities, personality, and outward physical characteristics of other beings through skin-to-skin contact."
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    TazFTW wrote:
    turul wrote:
    St. Patricks day teaser:

Professor X doesn't turn invisible either. The shapeshifter and sharpshooter clues weren't to be taken exactly as stated, so you would need to stretch the definitions.

Like this Rogue pic which I posted earlier
    a7v1j.jpg
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    turul wrote:
    St. Patricks day teaser:

I like it. It certainly has potential.

The easiest ability to compare it against is Technopathic Strike.
    TS requires you to match Blue in order to convert Blue tiles to Black, so there's a bit of "self regulation" on the ability. By contrast, this ability lets you convert a different colour to whatever you need to match to power it. So it will need to be limited in other ways; I would expect a cap on the number of tiles it converts - maybe 3,4,5,6,7 by Rank.

I'd also expect that it will require Purple AP - to prevent too much synergy with IF or GSBW. If they do this, then even if it converts all of a selected colour or its cost is stupidly cheap, it'll be balanced enough.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Carnage_78 wrote:

She absorbs other mutants powers...I would call that shape shifting. icon_cool.gif

That seems like a stretch to me.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Carnage_78 wrote:

But stretching could definitely be considered shifting shapes. icon_lol.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    turul wrote:
    St. Patricks day teaser:

I like it. It certainly has potential.

The easiest ability to compare it against is Technopathic Strike.
    TS requires you to match Blue in order to convert Blue tiles to Black, so there's a bit of "self regulation" on the ability. By contrast, this ability lets you convert a different colour to whatever you need to match to power it. So it will need to be limited in other ways; I would expect a cap on the number of tiles it converts - maybe 3,4,5,6,7 by Rank.

I'd also expect that it will require Purple AP - to prevent too much synergy with IF or GSBW. If they do this, then even if it converts all of a selected colour or its cost is stupidly cheap, it'll be balanced enough.

Also has match5 trigger potential, and AP denial of selected color. Looks promising icon_e_smile.gif
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Are we talking about the comics DoFP or the movie? Bishop and Apocalypse are not in the comic?
  • Lidolas wrote:
    Carnage_78 wrote:

But stretching could definitely be considered shifting shapes. icon_lol.gif

Ooooh. Another Fantastic Four member perhaps? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Also has match5 trigger potential, and AP denial of selected color. Looks promising icon_e_smile.gif

Oh yep, definitely. Denial of selected colour is what I find most exciting. Yes, there's a degree of AP denial, but there's also some tricky "target" denial - eg. convert Red and then Doom can't summon demons, convert black and then Hulk won't get angry, etc.

Also another good partner for Patch, if you're able to convert all purple tiles then where's the drawback on Berserker Rage?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm gonna guess Kamala Khan. After reading the description earlier in the thread, where she isn't a Captain Marvel, it means no overlap and she's an Inhuman. Marvel seems to be pushing them more, wasn't an Inhuman in Agents of SHIELD? And since the MCU won't be using mutants, the Inhumans seem to fit, and it'd be a great way to introduce more people / MPQ players to the Inhumans. I've done some reading up after reading that description. Never knew too much about them before.
  • I know FF has become the ugly forgotten step-child of the Marvel U, but Mr Fantastic Reed Richards sure can change his shape.
This discussion has been closed.