3* Bishop
    3* Drax
    4* Void
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    DrNitroman wrote:
    So sad!
    I came here to enjoy a line of discussion different from those never-ending threads complaining about recent nerfs....
    ... only to found that my favorite thread is deserted! icon_e_sad.gif

well, I guess everybody else is discussing about nerfs icon_neutral.gif

Lets bring back life to the thread!

female shapeshifter
    sharpshooter
    spidey villain
    --- (shuffled order below) ---
    X-Men: Days of Future Past
    someone expected to be very high HP
    name including a color

Yeah more hints!

When I see days of future past, I immediately think about Shadowcat. She definitely fits into the category of female shape shifter.

In the other hand,white queen can also be considered as fitting in for the shape shifter.

Prefer it to be emma frost, but we should see...
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    spidey villain + name including a color = Green Goblin. runner up = Black Cat.

female shapeshifter + X-Men: Days of Future Past = Kitty Pryde. runner up = Rogue. seems a little too early for Mystique variant.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    DrNitroman wrote:
    So sad!
    I came here to enjoy a line of discussion different from those never-ending threads complaining about recent nerfs....

female shapeshifter
    sharpshooter
    spidey villain
    name including a color

Thanks Turul icon_mrgreen.gif !

OK, my knowledge of Marvel universe is very limited but I'll try a bit

cardpack.png spidey villain + name including a color = Green Goblin
    ... because I feel it makes sense
    cardpack.png female shapeshifter + X-Men: Days of Future Past = Rogue
    ... not straightforward but plausible, she was in the movie I believe
    cardpack.png sharpshooter + someone expected to be very high HP = euh..
    I thought the sharpshooter to be Gambit maybe even a 2* Gambit but I don't think he fits with the very high HP

On 2nd thought, I see that I kept the two lists of hints in same order while you said you shuffled the order, so I'm wrong... and I keep searching! icon_e_wink.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guys, new hints are for new characters icon_e_smile.gif
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    6!?
  • KingOzymandius
    KingOzymandius Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    turul wrote:

icon_e_wink.gif Now you tell me.

I finally broke down and created an account to start participating in the discussion. I literally just got done typing up a long analysis matching up the each of the first set of clues with the each of the second set in turn and now I find that it's irrelevant.

Oh, turul? Would you be so kind as to answer a question regarding your teasers?

With the hint "has a color in the name", it begs the question about whether any of the other characters in your list can also have a color in their name (i.e. whether the shapeshifter could conceivably be Emma Frost a.k.a. The White Queen or the Spidey villain could be the Green Goblin, even though the "color" hint refers to ... I don't know, let's say Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver). What I'm trying to get at is this ... can we assume that, even though the hint for "Character 6" is the color thing, that it doesn't mean that any of the other characters you're hinting at can't ALSO have colors in their names? I get that you're having fun teasing us, but we need to know the rules of the game to have any serious chance at winning.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:

female shapeshifter
    sharpshooter
    spidey villain
    name including a color
    Might as well throw my guesses out:
    Shapeshifter = Kamala Marvel
    Sharpshooter = 2* Cyclops variant
    Spidey villain = Kingpin
    Days = Quicksilver
    Health = Hulkbuster
    Color = Scarlet Witch
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    female shapeshifter
    sharpshooter
    spidey villain
    name including a color

1. I'm still not sure on the female shapeshifter. A lot of people seem sold on the idea of Kamala Khan. She fits the clue, so she's got that going for her. I know she's popular, and Marvel is looking to capitalise on cross media promotion - so she's a perfect candidate in that respect. I haven't read any of her books yet, so I'm not sure how much of her power set has been brought to light. My only concern would be a boring in-game power set, although that's not going to stop demiurge from releasing a character, so I guess we'll take what we get.

2. Sharpshooter. Probably a 2*, not a rework. Could still be Lazy Cyclops.

3. Spidey Villain. I really don't mind who it is, I just want them to be decent after Doc Ock flopped miserably into the game. Some incarnation of Norman Osborne would be preferred.

4. Days of Future Past Comic or Days of Future Past Film? If it's the comic then Kitty Pryde is the prime candidate. If it's movie then maybe Quicksilver? (I think we can cross out Magneto, Professor X, Wolverine and Mystique)

5. There's a heap of high HP heroes we could choose from. Hercules, Abomination, Blob, Rhino. None that really stick out as highly requested, or that tie into any big events going on at the moment.

6. Name has a colour in it? This is a nice clue. My very first thought was Omega Red, but I'm not going to be holding my breath for him. Scarlet Witch is the next that comes to mind, and we can also pencil Quicksilver in on this list. Again, since both are going to appear in Age of Ultron, they're pretty prime candidates for making the game in time for the movie release.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Huzzah for new teasers! Thanks, Turul.

female shapeshifter
    I'm going to be contrary, and guess Morgan le Fay.
    She can adopt other appearances, possess healing magic & is a villain - MPQ always needs more villains.

sharpshooter
    I'm also opting for Cyclops, with only his red power the same as 3*.
    You'd have to think traditional Cyclops is the most likely, but regardless I shall hope this 2* version is the new young Cyclops and 'proper' Cyclops will turn up as a 4* eventually.

spidey villain
    I think/hope Norman will finally show up as Green Goblin, accompanied by a new PvE chapter.

I have never had much fondness for her, but have to guess Kitty Pryde since she is the biggest name X-Men hero yet to appear. Pah!

For me "very high HP" = one of Mr. Fixit, Red Hulk, Skaar, A-Bomb or Abomination...
    It is inevitable that more versions of Hulk will show up one day, but Mr. Fixit is such a goofy one I'd hope for a basic form (though I did think Patch was goofy too, and he's grown on me).
    I'd get a kick out of Abomination, but his recognition is low and his powers would be entirely generic.
    Ditto for A-Bomb, though he at least has chameleon powers to distinguish him (Hulk HP + Invisibility tile?!).
    Skaar was fleetingly a Dark Avenger which gives him an edge in MPQ, though logically he has to be a 2* which would be unlikely so soon after the sharpshooter.
    Overall I'd put my chips on Red Hulk, who has a good combination of recognition, popularity & moral ambiguity.

name including a color
    I think we're a few clues off making an informed guess at this one. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Least hoping: Blue Marvel - his profile is rising, but I just hate that he out DC's DC characters in terms of mindless piling-on of powers.
    Most hoping: Unlikely, but I'll hope for Scarlet Spider as an aggressive 3* character (unlikely to see another non-4* Spidey).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    DrNitroman wrote:
    So sad!

well, I guess everybody else is discussing about nerfs icon_neutral.gif

female shapeshifter
    sharpshooter
    spidey villain
    name including a color

So forX-men days of future Past I am guessing the sharpshooter will be Bishop
    Spidey villian with high health is King pin. Remember Dare devil is coming out in April on Netflix and King Pin is the main villian.
    Female shapeshifter with a color in the name. This one I really don't know but will guess Scarlett Witch since she will be in Avengers 2.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Name including a color - purple man?
    High HP - vision?
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    wow, there are six names already on the list, I wasn't expecting so much!
    Who said devs haven't long term plans? icon_razz.gif

I must confess it's harder with only one hint per character, let's try:
    cardpack.png female shapeshifter : Rogue
    cardpack.png sharpshooter : Gambit
    cardpack.png spidey villain: Green Goblin
    cardpack.png X-Men: Days of Future Past : Quicksilver
    cardpack.png someone expected to be very high HP: Thing - Ben Grimm
    cardpack.png name including a color: White Queen - Emma Frost
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    So I'm really confused by all the people guessing Rogue and Kitty Pryde as the female shapeshifter. Neither has ever had shapeshifting abilities I'm aware of. Have they changed in recent years?
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    Does "female shapeshifter" match up with this newsletter comment: "Green is the most matched tile color and we imagine with St. Patrick's Day coming up, that fact may stay true a little bit longer." Or was that for Ragnarok?

I assume the next 3 will be 3*, 3*, and then 4* if the pattern holds.
  • So I'm really confused by all the people guessing Rogue and Kitty Pryde as the female shapeshifter. Neither has ever had shapeshifting abilities I'm aware of. Have they changed in recent years?
    No. I've no idea what they're talking about either.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does "female shapeshifter" match up with this newsletter comment: "Green is the most matched tile color and we imagine with St. Patrick's Day coming up, that fact may stay true a little bit longer." Or was that for Ragnarok?

I assume the next 3 will be 3*, 3*, and then 4* if the pattern holds.

She has green color generation, but othervise I think green is irrelevant.
  • xKOBALTx wrote:
    turul wrote:

female shapeshifter
    sharpshooter
    spidey villain
    name including a color
    Might as well throw my guesses out:
    Shapeshifter = Kamala Marvel
    Sharpshooter = 2* Cyclops variant
    Spidey villain = Kingpin
    Days = Quicksilver
    Health = Hulkbuster
    Color = Scarlet Witch

Great guesses lolz
  • ı guess

Shapeshifter = Emma Frost
    Sharpshooter = 3* Hawkeye
    Spidey villain = Green Goblin
    Days = Quicksilver
    Health = Hulkbuster
    Color = Red Hulk

and Red Hulk fit 3 hint Health,Colour and sharpshooter icon_e_smile.gif

Green Goblin fit too Healt,Colour and spidey villian
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I'm confused. Are those for six different heroes or two hints each?
This discussion has been closed.