[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• I've been hoping for nightcrawler or archangel for a long time. I'll take any level.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Anyone (except turul icon_rolleyes.gif ) want to rep bet that the shapeshifter will be Kamala?
  • Sharpshooter was D3!

Boom headshot to 4Thor, IF, Mags, MYS. Impressive shootin!
  • pumpkin81
    pumpkin81 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    In cyclops intro they more or less said he would be coming out in an alternate format so I bet he is the 2*.
    From the interview
    Joe Fletcher: This 3* (rare) version of Cyclops
  • blueduckMD wrote:
    In cyclops intro they more or less said he would be coming out in an alternate format so I bet he is the 2*.
    From the interview

The new 2*s have been done in pairs lately (3* first; 2* not too long after) so I wouldn't be even slightly surprised.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    blueduckMD wrote:
    From the interview

..., with abilities that show off the more brute force side of him as opposed to the Hawkeye-like trick shots that he’s also perfectly capable of...
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I see Professor X's powers were different than they are now when they first appeared in the data you mine. I'm curious now, were Ragnarok's new powers like this when they first appeared?
  • Trisul wrote:
    Anyone (except turul icon_rolleyes.gif ) want to rep bet that the shapeshifter will be Kamala?

I'm not going to bother with guesses anymore, I mean Professor X casting invisibility? possible but it wasn't a hint that made you think on him
    Better to wait than to read a skillset that might be changed on the fly if you comment too much lol
  • turul
    Kolence wrote:
    I see Professor X's powers were different than they are now when they first appeared in the data you mine. I'm curious now, were Ragnarok's new powers like this when they first appeared?

No, just wording.
  • Can you give us some good news or more teasers? This has been a bad week from the let downs of Prof Nerf, Bagnarok, and Mystique.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Trisul wrote:

I have no rep and no one cares, but a guy a few pages back dropped a hint "oh, that's her name?" So, Kamala, Green Goblin, and Gambit (because people like him) as a 2* (because really...he's not actually that cool).
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Hey Turul, can you see future character tile icons?
  • turul
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Can you give us some good news or more teasers? This has been a bad week from the let downs of Prof Nerf, Bagnarok, and Mystique.

Am i the community manager now? icon_e_smile.gif

No icons btw
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:

Am i the community manager now? icon_e_smile.gif

Why question it? Take the reigns and own it.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Just to clear some things up...

-- Carol Danvers got her power from Mar-Vell after she was injured in an explosion. Long story.

-- She became Ms. Marvel, because there was already a Captain Marvel.

-- Mar-Vell died circa 1982.

-- Ms. Marvel continued to be Ms. Marvel, and her costume got skimpier and skimpier. (That's the 2* Ms. M)

-- Upon feeling a sense of empowerment (i.e. when Kelly Sue DeConnick took over writing), Carol took on both the Captain Marvel title and a significantly less sex-kittenish outfit. (That's the 3* Captain M.)

-- Kamala Khan is an Inhuman whose power is shapeshifting/healing. She discovered her power after the Jersey City Terrigen incident when a classmate of hers got in trouble, and she instictively shapeshifted into her favorite superhero -- Carol Danvers -- to save her. But... she shapeshifted into the Ms. Marvel version of Carol, not the Captain version. She was spotted by a news photographer, and -- given that Carol was already established as Captain Marvel -- the headlines asked "Is Ms. Marvel back?" Kamala wound up embracing the Ms. Marvel title.

So it's perfectly possible for there to be a 3* version of Ms. alongside a 3* version of Captain, because -- at least in the current Marvel universe -- they're treated as separate and distinct heroes, even though Carol has been both.

[edit] tl;dr: read Ben's comment above.
    There's an interesting read about the development of Ms Marvel's costume here. Warning: Contains a NSFW sketch.
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    So for the remaining 3 characters, correct me if I'm wrong but what we know is:

3* Shapeshifter: Female, most likely next according to patch notes (and didn't a new hacker suggest she's a villain who is slightly obscure because they had to google her?)

2* Sharpshooter: not a reworking but a new character

3* or 4* Spidey Villain: not a symbiote (some people suggest Kingpin, but I think the clue would be DD villain if that was the case -- perhaps the St Patricks mention in the devs email suggested some green characters are coming)

Any other clues I missed?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor

3* Shapeshifter: Female, most likely next according to patch notes (and didn't a new hacker suggest she's a villain who is slightly obscure because they had to google her?)

3* or 4* Spidey Villain: not a symbiote (some people suggest Kingpin, but I think the clue would be DD villain if that was the case -- perhaps the St Patricks mention in the devs email suggested some green characters are coming)

The Spidey villain will most certainly be 3*, given the release trend of 4-3-3-4-3-3.

And I hope people realize by now that if a character seems too good to be true, then investment of any sort is folly.
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    ronin-san wrote:

The Spidey villain will most certainly be 3*, given the release trend of 4-3-3-4-3-3.

And I hope people realize by now that if a character seems too good to be true, then investment of any sort is folly.

I'm inclined to agree with you, BUT (playing the devil's advocate) it doesn't have to be in this order, what with the 2* in the mix. I don't think the trend has to follow suit. In fact, if you count 2* as a replacement for a 3* in the pattern, then 3* then the Spidey villain could be 4* (4-3-3-4-3-2-4) -- though think they can do better than a spidey villain for the first 4* bad guy.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    So sad!
    I came here to enjoy a line of discussion different from those never-ending threads complaining about recent nerfs....
    ... only to found that my favorite thread is deserted! icon_e_sad.gif

well, I guess everybody else is discussing about nerfs icon_neutral.gif
  • turul
    edited March 2015
    DrNitroman wrote:
    So sad!
    I came here to enjoy a line of discussion different from those never-ending threads complaining about recent nerfs....
    ... only to found that my favorite thread is deserted! icon_e_sad.gif

well, I guess everybody else is discussing about nerfs icon_neutral.gif

Lets bring back life to the thread!

female shapeshifter
    sharpshooter
    spidey villain
    --- (shuffled order below) ---
    X-Men: Days of Future Past
    someone expected to be very high HP
    name including a color

(bottom 3 are separate characters)
This discussion has been closed.