[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• ronin-san wrote:
    Which cover again?

The cover that they'll place for the new character and that we "sensed" from the future icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    So is the new 4* IW rework or something else, that's all I want to know.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

It's a brand new character.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Thankyou icon_e_biggrin.gif

And boo icon_e_sad.gif

Was hoping for a reprive from the PvE insanity.
  • I guess it was too much to hope for a pic of the character from Marvel 2099 that wore a t-shirt with Prof. X's face on it and the words "Chuck don't surf."...
  • turul wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

hear that? It's the sound of hope dying lol
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Switchman wrote:
    Seriously can you just tell us, it's getting ridiculous leaning everyone on when you know of who it is.

Turul isn't the only one who can look at code. Many people know exactly who is coming. It's just that the devs seemed a little annoyed that spoilers were being dropped before release. It's good taste to walk the fine line without getting thread shut down entirely from the feel of it.

I don't think I've read - what are you using to dive? I doubt you're just going through hex code, right?

Let's see, looks like .sar files are in the MPQ data spots, those are zip-like and can be opened with sapcar (and there is a nice gui plug-in that goes with it), but I can't seem to find a recent version. Next I should....? icon_e_wink.gif
  • turul
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Switchman wrote:
    Seriously can you just tell us, it's getting ridiculous leaning everyone on when you know of who it is.

Turul isn't the only one who can look at code. Many people know exactly who is coming. It's just that the devs seemed a little annoyed that spoilers were being dropped before release. It's good taste to walk the fine line without getting thread shut down entirely from the feel of it.

I don't think I've read - what are you using to dive? I doubt you're just going through hex code, right?

Let's see, looks like .sar files are in the MPQ data spots, those are zip-like and can be opened with sapcar (and there is a nice gui plug-in that goes with it), but I can't seem to find a recent version. Next I should....? icon_e_wink.gif

Sapcar is an unrelated software. "just going through hex code" - basically thats it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Sapcar is an unrelated software. "just going through hex code" - basically thats it.

Well, haven't dived into that since about Doom...time to get into it again.

And....there is the new character, very nice. And, hello there villain. And -goes to google- oh, that's her name? And a third ability for whom?

All right, I'll let turul keep having fun while I go try to get better and figure out how to open the images. Lots of fun, thanks!
  • turul
    BTW I see some mechanism coming to address the vaulted characters situation...

Some mistery strings....
    OPEN THE VAULT?
    RESET THE VAULT?
    Take a reward from the vault?
    Take ???(number) rewards from the vault?
    Reset the vault with a new set of ???(number) covers to collect?

thumbs up for devs!
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:

Some mistery strings....
    OPEN THE VAULT?
    RESET THE VAULT?

thumbs up for devs!
    Holy **** I hope that works how it appears and makes it to full release! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • turul wrote:

Some mistery strings....
    OPEN THE VAULT?
    RESET THE VAULT?

thumbs up for devs!

I'm curious if this was the thing they said they are working on in the Q&A?
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    turul wrote:

Well, haven't dived into that since about Doom...time to get into it again.

And....there is the new character, very nice. And, hello there villain. And -goes to google- oh, that's her name? And a third ability for whom?

All right, I'll let turul keep having fun while I go try to get better and figure out how to open the images. Lots of fun, thanks!

Tried the "reading the hex code" thing.....got a tidbit or two but now my brain hurts....there must be a better way...of course, I suppose I could just wait.... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • turul
    turul wrote:
    Trisul wrote:
    turul wrote:
    teaser: StarLord + Devil Dino + Telepath would be a fun tactical team. 1AP moves, with benefits...?
    Maybe an on-ability-use passive? Wiggle dino arms, add a special tile?

Yes, it adds a Protect tile every ability use.
    and deals damage
    and on higher levels, adds an attack tile too
    later a strike tile
    and I lied, it does not add protect tiles :)

I regret making this joke icon_razz.gif
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    I regret making this joke icon_razz.gif
    Here we thought you were just reading code and the whole time you were actually reading the future. An MPQ Nostradamus.
  • Hey Turul, now might be another good time to recap unfulfilled prophecies. I'm not digging through all those posts again but I believe we were expecting a telepath, an all passive, someone who can turn "invisible", a female shapeshifter, and a spidey related person.

I am under the belief that these were all separate people... so if prof x is the "invisible" based character are we still expecting a different all passive or telepath? Or *another* invisible person?
  • turul
    Hey Turul, now might be another good time to recap unfulfilled prophecies. I'm not digging through all those posts again but I believe we were expecting a telepath, an all passive, someone who can turn "invisible", a female shapeshifter, and a spidey related person.

I am under the belief that these were all separate people... so if prof x is the "invisible" based character are we still expecting a different all passive or telepath? Or *another* invisible person?

He was the invisible / "all-passive" character based on my clues.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Is the spidey villain Menace? She's green...
This discussion has been closed.