[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• I think Namor's name recognition could also stem from TV, where he's been on multiple shows besides his own. I don't know if Daken's ever been on TV. I also probably never would have heard of Daken if not for this game.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    and I lied, it does not add protect tiles :)

icon_evil.gif Thumbs down man. Your credibility just went down the drain.

Alright, alright. Ya got me man. Ya got me good. icon_razz.gif
  • jojeda654 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    and I lied, it does not add protect tiles :)

icon_evil.gif Thumbs down man. Your credibility just went down the drain.

Alright, alright. Ya got me man. Ya got me good. icon_razz.gif

I'm guessing that's the only thing he lied about that for the moves.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you will all like him, especially those who like teams consisting of

Falcon / Daken / Blade / Dr. Oc. / cheap special tile generators
  • turul wrote:

You said "HIM" so that means it's a man!
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

@ turul

"him"....
    Is that your way of saying that the telepath with 2 passives is a "him"?
    I have been hoping for Pro. X. for a year now. So it's probably wishful thinking on my part.
    And if you don't want to "spoil" anything by posting on here, you can always PM me icon_e_biggrin.gif .
  • turul wrote:

@ turul

"him"....
    Is that your way of saying that the telepath with 2 passives is a "him"?
    I have been hoping for Pro. X. for a year now. So it's probably wishful thinking on my part.
    And if you don't want to "spoil" anything by posting on here, you can always PM me icon_e_biggrin.gif .

Feel free to PM me while you're at it icon_e_wink.gif I noticed the "him" also haha
  • turul
    ecir2002 wrote:
    turul wrote:

Doh... I need to be more careful...
    Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg
  • turul wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    turul wrote:

Now you've even got a picture of Professor X....
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    ^Facepalm or really blatant hint. icon_e_wink.gif

[edit]Damn it Benjamin J Grimm!
  • turul wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    turul wrote:

So it's a "him" and you used Patrick Stewart who plays Prof. X in the movies. That would be a yes.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quick turul, use this one:

shiftyclinton.jpg
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    turul wrote:

OMG THE CHARACTER IS JEAN-LUC PICARD!!!!!

redtile.pngMake It So - 9 AP
    Picard gestures vaguely at the viewscreen, and creates 7 strike tiles. (57 power at max level)

greentile.pngNUMBER ONE! SHIELDS! NOW! - 7 AP
    Picard suddenly realizes things are gettin' all real on him, and does what Starfleet taught him to do. Creates 8 shield tiles. (200 power at max level)

blacktile.pngTea. Earl Grey. Hot. - 8 AP
    Picard just wants a tinykitty cup of tea, okay? Stuns the enemy team for 3 turns while he enjoys his nice hot cup.

icon_twisted.gif
  • turul
    YRz4ImV.jpg?1
  • DaveR4470 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    turul wrote:

OMG THE CHARACTER IS JEAN-LUC PICARD!!!!!

redtile.pngMake It So - 9 AP
    Picard gestures vaguely at the viewscreen, and creates 7 strike tiles. (57 power at max level)

greentile.pngNUMBER ONE! SHIELDS! NOW! - 7 AP
    Picard suddenly realizes things are gettin' all real on him, and does what Starfleet taught him to do. Creates 8 shield tiles. (200 power at max level)

blacktile.pngTea. Earl Grey. Hot. - 8 AP
    Picard just wants a tinykitty cup of tea, okay? Stuns the enemy team for 3 turns while he enjoys his nice hot cup.

icon_twisted.gif

This needs to happen...
  • Hrm...so the telepath has passives that increase your AP pool and exponentially increase damage output most turns by adding dmg, strike and attack tiles?

Kinda like a blue Hood/ black OBW / purple Daken / black Doc Ock all rolled into one...
    ...without the steal AP component...Man, that's gonna speed the game up a bit. How do you balance that with charged tiles? Star Lord's Yellow?

HE'S probably balanced with low health, so HE'LL be an immediate first target to slow things down. Questions now remains is how do you defend something like that from getting killed? I know, pair it with 4hor and XF, so the opponent doesn't know who to kill first...

Unless HE only supports specialty tile characters, which it doesn't sound like...
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Casual Fan Off-Topic
    daibar wrote:
    I think Namor's name recognition could also stem from TV, where he's been on multiple shows besides his own. I don't know if Daken's ever been on TV. I also probably never would have heard of Daken if not for this game.

I think this is the key between Ben and Arktos' definitions of casual fans. I consider myself a more-than-casual fan, but I hardly read any actual comic books. I watch the shows, live and cartoon. I play the games. I get my kids the kid books. I read about the characters on wiki sites. I think there are plenty of people 'involved' in comic culture that don't keep up even out to 5 years, that are still fans.

I don't think I'd heard much about Daken before this game. He wasn't on any of the other games I'd played. Even M:AA which has a much broader roster doesn't have Daken. (It also doesn't have the Sub Mariner, but that's an issue of contention)

Hmm. Prof. X would be...interesting. Now who will turul use to 'leak' the shape-shifter?
  • turul
    edited March 2015
    Ragnarok slams his hammer down, releasing a wave of electricity that scars the battlefield. Deals ??? damage to enemies and ??? to allies. Destroys a random column. Does not generate AP.

Ragnarok calls down lightning, dealing ??? damage. Dark clouds gather, adding ??? Blue tiles to the board.

Ragnarok hurls his hammer into the thunderclouds, where it absorbs the power of the storm. Creates ??? Green Charged tiles. Catching the hammer charges the cyborg with electricity, giving him a burst of ??? health.

(power-order unconfirmed)
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    Ragnarok calls down lightning, dealing ??? damage. Dark clouds gather, adding ??? Blue tiles to the board.

That sounds nice enough; I do like any powers that create tiles, and it'd be good to get value out those 5 green covers (not so likely when green sounded Sentry-esque). icon_cool.gif
  • turul wrote:

Can you put all the info you have on rag in 1 post since you had an update a while back on the other moves too?
This discussion has been closed.