[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

To contrast, Goddess Thor can never be Thor alongside God Thor because they wield the same weapon, which is the source of their powers.

They can't throw it to each other/ can be both worthy temporarily?
    Not if you consider how she got the hammer in the first place. Nick Fury whispered a secret to Thor, and it was so messed up, he stopped being worthy.
    Wait, what?
    So has the secret been revealed or is it just gonna be a McGuffin?
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Dom22 wrote:
    Turul , can we just spill the beans already?

Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one icon_e_smile.gif

Who are "superheroes who have never been in my kitchen"?

Do you have a fitted kitchen? I've heard that they're all the rage.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:
    So has the secret been revealed or is it just gonna be a McGuffin?
    No, it hasn't. That took place at the very end of Original Sin and lead into the Goddess Thor series, which hasn't really got off it's feet yet.

I'm assuming it was something that demoralized Thor, making him "unworthy" or "impure". I don't want to spoil the end of Original Sin, but I think that Fury saw something and by telling Thor he is trying to do the normal Fury thing and manipulate the events to his likings.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    turul wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Change a whole ONE tile to green? OP

What if it only costs 2 purpletile.png or blacktile.png or yellowtile.png ?

Or it has side-effects icon_e_smile.gif

Head aches, stomach pains, dizziness, nausea?
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    The 'change one tile to green' could be a passive. Although at level 5 it would be ridiculous and another feeder for XF.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    turul wrote:
    Don't make me point out the hint telling you which alt-version can be expected icon_e_smile.gif

Understood. I think that makes me 2 for 2.

Rogue could have the same in-game power as Mystique. In fact, Mystique's shape shift + stun better suits Rogue if she can also use one enemy power as well, like Colossus can with his teammates. Those obviously aren't turul's power hints, but if I were building a Rogue character I would start with those mechanics that are already built into the game but underused, then add a passive where she irritates her opponents and teammates so much with her accent and general worthlessness that they all do extra damage.

Why is Burst of Health followed by a trademark symbol?

Everything is a clue. Even the FF cover. But please don't say it's Super Skrull again. It's not. If it is I'll post a video of me eating my own genitals.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    bcas76 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Don't make me point out the hint telling you which alt-version can be expected icon_e_smile.gif

Understood. I think that makes me 2 for 2.

Rogue could have the same in-game power as Mystique. In fact, Mystique's shape shift + stun better suits Rogue if she can also use one enemy power as well, like Colossus can with his teammates. Those obviously aren't turul's power hints, but if I were building a Rogue character I would start with those mechanics that are already built into the game but underused, then add a passive where she irritates her opponents and teammates so much with her accent and general worthlessness that they all do extra damage.

Why is Burst of Health followed by a trademark symbol?

Everything is a clue. Even the FF cover. But please don't say it's Super Skrull again. It's not. If it is I'll post a video of me eating my own genitals.

The alt-version is yet too come, shapeshifter and telepath are brand new!
  • turul wrote:

To contrast, Goddess Thor can never be Thor alongside God Thor because they wield the same weapon, which is the source of their powers.

They can't throw it to each other/ can be both worthy temorarily?
    Not if you consider how she got the hammer in the first place. Nick Fury whispered a secret to Thor, and it was so messed up, he stopped being worthy.
    There have been people that were temporarily able to wield Mjölnir - Ragnarok, even if it's a technicality that he has Mjölnir. Captain America comes to mind too.

Can't help being a nerd on this lol
    You can add two more to that list.
    Ragnarok has his own Mjornir by the end of the last Dark Avengers run, a hammer from a parallel reality.
    Same goes for Loki, briefly in Axis

And back to the hints, still hoping for Ant-Man and Emma Frost
  • turul
    Agent Alex wrote:
    Can't help being a nerd on this lol
    You can add two more to that list.
    Ragnarok has his own Mjornir by the end of the last Dark Avengers run, a hammer from a parallel reality.
    Same goes for Loki, briefly in Axis
    ba4db281_c9e539163e87ee62a596b6053d5f7ec8.jpeg
    s-thor-m?
  • Bottom doesn't look like mjolnir.
  • Probably alternative universe, but what i mentioned was 616 and current

and i would really like an update to the Dark Avengers with the new ones
    250px-Dark_Avengers_%28Earth-616%29_002.jpg
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Turul, can we get an honorary recap of what we know and what's been hinted / released / confirmed?

Ragnarok's new ability.
    Telepath.
    Shapeshifter.
    IW up after Ragnarok.
    3/4/3/4/3 is the release schedule again?
    Kingpin rumored by devs.
  • turul
    ronin-san wrote:
    Turul, can we get an honorary recap of what we know and what's been hinted / released / confirmed?

Ragnarok's new ability.
    Telepath.
    Shapeshifter.
    IW up after Ragnarok.
    Kingpin rumored by devs.

Ragnarok's new ability. - redesign confirmed by IceIX (exact abilities only by me)
    Telepath. - confirmed by patch notes preview
    Shapeshifter - confirmed by patch notes preview
    IW up after Ragnarok. - not confirmed - but since invisibility will be introduced on a new character... (and maybe tile locking too.....)
    3/4/3/4/3 is the release schedule again? - more like 4/3/3/4/3/3/4 which is unconfirmed. (and 2* not mentioned)
    Kingpin rumored by devs. - Iron Fist gets an enemy hinted by devs, Spiderman gets an enemy hinted by me. (connection not hinted)
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    turul wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

Ragnarok's new ability.
    Telepath.
    Shapeshifter.
    IW up after Ragnarok.
    Kingpin rumored by devs.

Ragnarok's new ability. - redesign confirmed by IceIX (exact abilities only by me)
    IW up after Ragnarok. - not confirmed - but since invisibility will be introduced on a new character... (and maybe tile locking too.....)
    3/4/3/4/3 is the release schedule again? - more like 4/3/3/4/3/3/4 which is unconfirmed. (and 2* not mentioned)
    Kingpin rumored by devs. - Iron Fist gets an enemy hinted by devs, Spiderman gets an enemy hinted by me. (connection not hinted)

I don't get the release schedule Wat does those numbers mean. Put them in simplest terms!
  • turul
    turul wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

Ragnarok's new ability.
    Telepath.
    Shapeshifter.
    IW up after Ragnarok.
    Kingpin rumored by devs.

I don't get the release schedule Wat does those numbers mean. Put them in simplest terms!

every 4* is followed by two 3*, based on recent release history

4* Elektra
    3* Luke Cage
    3* SQGirl
    4* Starlord
    3* Cyclops
    3* Iron Fist
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

Ragnarok's new ability.
    Telepath.
    Shapeshifter.
    IW up after Ragnarok.
    Kingpin rumored by devs.

I suspect it's referring to 3*, 4*,3*, 4*...
  • Thanks turul!

With that being said, then I may have to swing towards what others are saying about the telepath being Prof. X. If the next to on sticks with the current release trend, I don't see them giving Emma Frost 4* status.

On an interesting note, some players on the Iron Fist thread speculate that he might have been originally tested at 4* status before being released as a 3*, which leads me to believe that what ever they elevated or swapped into the coming 4* space must be radically different in playstyle and required more testing. That, and the need to drop a 4* that didn't break the meta, or didn't completely underwhelm.
  • I also speculate that they release in this order, as these characters:

4* telepath (Prof. X)
    3* Ragnarok update
    3* Spidey villain (Iron Patriot)
    4* invisible woman update
    3* shapesifter (Vison)

Figuring 2 weeks between releases, Vision would drop on the Avengers 2 opening weekend...just a thought...
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I also speculate that they release in this order, as these characters:

4* telepath (Prof. X)
    3* Ragnarok update
    3* Spidey villain <--That'd be KINGPIN, to coincide with Netflix' Daredevil release.
    3* shapesifter (Vison)

Figuring 2 weeks between releases, Vision would drop on the Avengers 2 opening weekend...just a thought...
  • turul
    ronin-san wrote:
    I also speculate that they release in this order, as these characters:

4* telepath (Prof. X)
    3* Ragnarok update
    3* Spidey villain <--That'd be KINGPIN, to coincide with Netflix' Daredevil release.
    3* shapesifter (Vison)

For these speculations, it would be wiser not to count character redesigns, only new characters.
This discussion has been closed.