[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    updated previous message.
  • Thanks!!! I'm gonna hate playing him and I hope he overlaps with 4hor...
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Thanks turul!

With that being said, then I may have to swing towards what others are saying about the telepath being Prof. X. If the next to on sticks with the current release trend, I don't see them giving Emma Frost 4* status.
    I can see a Phoenix-wielder meriting 4* status, and Emma did so briefly, but if they are going to introduce Phoenix it should be Jean. Think it will be Prof. X or Jean Grey for the telepath as a 4*, and Kamala Khan as the shapeshifter.

turul:
    Could you confirm if shape-shifting is literal shape-shifting or more figurative in a way like "form-changing"? A lot of people keep suggesting powers like Emma's diamond form and Vision's density/phasing abilities, and those are not strictly shape-shifting.

If I told a more precise definition, it would reveal too much, so just think of shape-shifting in a non-strict way.
    No problem. Those posts were simply triggering my "misnamed-powers-sense".

The season newsletter mentions an upcoming "scholarly" character. That really points the telepath to Professor X.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Shame that the telepath is passive. I would have loved to have seen a "You are now _____" power, where you can make a targeted character think they are someone else for x turns. Like turn X-Force into Bag-Man. "No, you do not want to surgical strike. You want to snarky remark."
  • TazFTW wrote:
    Shame that the telepath is passive. I would have loved to have seen a "You are now _____" power, where you can make a targeted character think they are someone else for x turns. Like turn X-Force into Bag-Man. "No, you do not want to surgical strike. You want to snarky remark."
    We're not getting mindslaver, give it up
  • turul wrote:
    Ragnarok slams his hammer down, releasing a wave of electricity that scars the battlefield. Deals ??? damage to enemies and ??? to allies. Destroys a random column. Does not generate AP.

Ragnarok calls down lightning, dealing ??? damage. Dark clouds gather, adding ??? Blue tiles to the board.

Ragnarok hurls his hammer into the thunderclouds, where it absorbs the power of the storm. Creates ??? Green Charged tiles. Catching the hammer charges the cyborg with electricity, giving him a burst of ??? health.

(power-order unconfirmed)

Adds blue tiles and creates green charge tiles? Ragnarok and T4or will be hanging out it seems. Unless of course it's a red power to create green charge tiles. I am really really hoping that the middle power is yellow.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Ragnarok slams his hammer down, releasing a wave of electricity that scars the battlefield. Deals ??? damage to enemies and ??? to allies. Destroys a random column. Does not generate AP.

Ragnarok calls down lightning, dealing ??? damage. Dark clouds gather, adding ??? Blue tiles to the board.

Ragnarok hurls his hammer into the thunderclouds, where it absorbs the power of the storm. Creates ??? Green Charged tiles. Catching the hammer charges the cyborg with electricity, giving him a burst of ??? health.

Adds blue tiles and creates green charge tiles? Ragnarok and T4or will be hanging out it seems. Unless of course it's a red power to create green charge tiles. I am really really hoping that the middle power is yellow.
    greenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png I guess? So red can still feed into green?
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    ark123 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    turul wrote:

greenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png I guess? So red can still feed into green?

Most characters that can create colored tiles have that color (2*/3* Thor, IF, Mystique, 2* mags, GSBW)
    So I'm assuming one of his colors will be blue. Either the top ability or the bottom (most likely the bottom )
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    ark123 wrote:
    It's Green\Red\Blue icon_e_wink.gif
  • Howzat
    Howzat Posts: 31
    SolidQ wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Agreed, that makes the most sense as there is zero synergy with Goddess, which is how it should be.
  • turul
    Howzat wrote:
    SolidQ wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Agreed, that makes the most sense as there is zero synergy with Goddess, which is how it should be.

Maybe synergy would not hurt - at least I can now fight T4hor + Rags instead of +Xforce...
  • turul
    MPQ Newsletter
    Which color tile is the most matched tile color in Marvel Puzzle Quest? Answer: Green is the most matched tile color and we imagine with St. Patrick's Day coming up, that fact may stay true a little bit longer.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    MPQ Newsletter
    Which color tile is the most matched tile color in Marvel Puzzle Quest? Answer: Green is the most matched tile color and we imagine with St. Patrick's Day coming up, that fact may stay true a little bit longer.

A cluuuuuuuue! icon_mrgreen.gif

Eric O'Grady Ant-Man = shapeshifter?
  • bullseye is irish. Is that the sharpshooter?

Edit - wait no he's not, the film version is. I guess it's ant man. Which is why we couldn't know what kind of shapeshifting it was, shrinking would be too on the nose
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Banshee from the X-Men is Irish. Probably the most Irish character in comics. So is his daughter, Siryn. But they don't really fit any of the hints. Black Tom Cassidy (Banshee's cousin; also Irish) was good buddies with juggs and has a history with Deadpool.

J. Jonah Jameson has a pretty Irish name. Is he the Spidey-related character?
  • Peej13 wrote:
    Banshee from the X-Men is Irish. Probably the most Irish character in comics. So is his daughter, Siryn. But they don't really fit any of the hints. Black Tom Cassidy (Banshee's cousin; also Irish) was good buddies with juggs and has a history with Deadpool.

J. Jonah Jameson has a pretty Irish name. Is he the Spidey-related character?

Maybe it's spider man's mailman.

We don't get regular humans in the game icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Seriously can you just tell us, it's getting ridiculous leaning everyone on when you know of who it is.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:

AWESOME!! Thanks, turul! icon_e_smile.gif I've been champing at the bit for Rags' new changes to get pushed through to live, and to finally have him be able to tank SOMEthing (depending on whatever his new color order is.) I was really hoping his third color would be blue, and it's seeming that'll definitely be the case now.

I'm assuming/predicting that these - as listed above - will be green, red, blue. The devs seem to like blue being used for utility-powers, for the most part. So, similar to Thor's three-step AP cycle, Rags' red creates blue, blue creates charged green, fuelling big green attack. Can't wait.
  • There is virtually no chance a power that is functionally similar to Mjolnir's Might will share it's color. They are already wiggy about powers being too similar.

If I had to guess I'd go Red/Green/Blue, but there is an outside chance it's Red/Yellow/Blue, getting the C.Mags treatment of color replacement therapy.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

Not sure if you're able to go into too much detail, but does the third power always grant the charged tiles and the burst of health? "Catching the hammer" reminds me of Daredevil's "Billy Club", so I was wondering if that health was tied to a cooldown tile of some sort or if it's just a bit of flavour text?

As for colours
    So far, we've had Red, Green and Black abilities which deal team damage. The first ability does also destroy a column, which is really more of a Red type ability, so I'm going with that for now.

2nd abiltiy adds Blue tiles. Current Purple is the leader in changing tile colours (and we have a purple ability which creates blue), however the ability also deals damage via calling lightning, which seems to be exclusively a Green ability thing.

Last ability charges Green and heals. Healing is the domain of Blue and Yellow, and I'm leaning towards Blue on this one. It creates an interesting synergy - spend blue to charge green, spend green to generate blue.
This discussion has been closed.