[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    ronin-san wrote:
    Which cover again?
    abc_gma_frost_130901_wg.jpg

David Frost would have been epic. But it would have meant that this guy was coming as well.
    Richard%20Nixon's%20Head.png
    And I just don't want a crook in my puzzle game.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    ronin-san wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:
    Which cover again?
    abc_gma_frost_130901_wg.jpg

David Frost would have been epic. But it would have meant that this guy was coming as well.
    Richard%20Nixon's%20Head.png
    And I just don't want a crook in my puzzle game.

Unless he has Agnew with him...

2aGJ4.jpg
  • What was his purple before they added the active part of it? Basically just the passive effect of the ability, so the uber-Inspiration? Or something completely different?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    What was his purple before they added the active part of it? Basically just the passive effect of the ability, so the uber-Inspiration? Or something completely different?

this was the first appearance
    (PASSIVE) Charles Xavier psychically communicates with his allies, coordinating their greatest strengths. Whenever an ally of Charles Xavier activates an ability, it also deals ??? additional damage.

(PASSIVE) Entering his enemy's minds, Professor X blocks any sensory input that might reveal his presence. At the beginning of his turn, Professor X makes a random invisibility tile which targets him. If Professor X makes a match, he deals ??? additional damage and destroys his invisibility tile.
    // bugged, only invisible when not in front //

(PASSIVE) Through rigorous simulations and training sessions, Professor X has given his teammates a critical advantage. Whenever Professor X's team makes a Match-5 or greater, it deals an additional ??? damage and converts a random basic tile into a critical tile.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we are left with:
    [*] Female Shapeshifter (which should be next according to the patch notes)
    [*] Spidey Villain (not a symbiote)
    [*] Sharpshooter
  • turul
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we are left with:
    [*] Female Shapeshifter (which should be next according to the patch notes)
    [*] Spidey Villain (not a symbiote)
    [*] Sharpshooter

Correct.
  • JustDan13
    JustDan13 Posts: 67
    Female shapeshifter... Copycat? Paige Guthrie? Rahne Sinclair?

Turul, is it a completely new character, or an alternate version of a character we already have in-game? And is she generally known as a villain, hero, or 'other'?
  • My guess for the female shapeshifter is Rogue.
  • turul
    edited March 2015
    Ill give some help by giving expected rarity levels and release order.

[3*] Female Shapeshifter (which should be next according to the patch notes)
    [2*] Sharpshooter
    [3/4*] Spidey Villain (not a symbiote)
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    My guess for the female shapeshifter is Rogue.

I'd prefer a break from the X-Men; that would make 3 of the last 4 characters core X-Men.

Hoping for Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan).
  • xKOBALTx
    turul wrote:
    Ill give some help by giving expected rarity levels and release order.

[3*] Female Shapeshifter (which should be next according to the patch notes)
    [2*] Sharpshooter
    [3/4*] Spidey Villain (not a symbiote)
    And that 2* Sharpshooter is a new character? Or maybe easier to answer: it's not an existing 2* rework? If so, that would eliminate the variant possibility for someone like Bullseye or Hawkeye.
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:

I'd prefer a break from the X-Men; that would make 3 of the last 4 characters core X-Men.

Agree. Love the X-Men, but they need a bit of a break.
  • turul
    Reworks always get instantly revealed icon_e_smile.gif
  • xKOBALTx
    turul wrote:
    An original 2* character at this time in the game. Wow. Never would have guessed that. I wonder if Demi has Lazy/Gold plans for them.
  • turul
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    turul wrote:
    An original 2* character at this time in the game. Wow. Never would have guessed that. I wonder if Demi has Lazy/Gold plans for them.

Rework only means same character gets a rework = get rebalanced powers
  • turul wrote:
    [2*] Sharpshooter
    It would be hilarious if this turns out to be Gambit. I mean, he won the most requested character, right? Why not make him easily accessible for EVERYONE? icon_lol.gif
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:

I doubt they would have 2 Ms. Marvels as 3*. If anything she would be a 4*
  • xKOBALTx
    turul wrote:
    Rework only means same character gets a rework = get rebalanced powers
    I got as much, but I can't place any existing characters in that same mold. Maybe I need to look over them again. This would still seem to eliminate Bullseye and Hawkeye - because they would be reworks. If it's another variant that could leave open a Lazy/"Silver" option for peeps like Pun or Deadpool, I guess.
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:

You'd have a Captain Marvel and a Ms. Marvel as 3*s, not two Ms. Marvels, and those two should be allowed to team up, not exclude each other. I figured the reason for the weird naming convention they used on the 2* Ms. Marvel was to allow Kamala to exist as a separate character.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:

You'd have a Captain Marvel and a Ms. Marvel as 3*s, not two Ms. Marvels, and those two should be allowed to team up, not exclude each other. I figured the reason for the weird naming convention they used on the 2* Ms. Marvel was to allow Kamala to exist as a separate character.

That is true. I'm not totally familiar with the captain marvel stories so I figured it was more like Thor where only 1 person can use the powers at a time.
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    That is true. I'm not totally familiar with the captain marvel stories so I figured it was more like Thor where only 1 person can use the powers at a time.

No, Kamala Khan actually has a totally different origin (she's an Inhuman); she just took the Ms. Marvel name because she idolized Carol Danvers.
This discussion has been closed.