[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• I guess everyone forgot that the hint was female shapeshifter.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    The hint I saw didn't mention female, but Wasp would be a welcome addition.
  • turul wrote:
    Ill give some help by giving expected rarity levels and release order.

[3*] Female Shapeshifter (which should be next according to the patch notes)
    [2*] Sharpshooter
    [3/4*] Spidey Villain (not a symbiote)

Here was the post that turul posted.
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    I guess everyone forgot that the hint was female shapeshifter.

Oops my bad, i did totally forget that little detail icon_e_confused.gif
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    turul wrote:
    St. Patricks day teaser:

(Shapeshifers ability) Converts a chosen basic tile and ??? random basic tiles of the same color to Green.
    I love the board altering power here. Great ability, cool theme possibilities. This could be an interesting way to represent a shapeshifter changing shape, or instead, perhaps the "shape shifter" reshapes the world or people around her. All you need for this hint to be accurate is one power called "shape shift." I'm going with Scarlet Witch. I do hear there's a little movie that features her coming out soon.

Or... it could be Rogue. She could charge herself, represented by greentile.png, while draining someone else, which is represented by the tile you touch when choosing the color.

I'm actually very excited about this character based on one vague power description!
  • I never considered the possibility she was shifting something other than herself, and Turul has done a really good job at obscurity, that's a great idea for Scarlet Witch. Unless his hint later on about a color named character means that only one of these 6 will have a color in their name?
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Polaris has green hair, shifts metal, and would be a replacement for a new magneto.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Peej13 wrote:
    Polaris has green hair, shifts metal, and would be a replacement for a new magneto.

Yes. But there's no (I hate this word but it's apt to the topic) sexiness to choosing her, as she's not showing up in any movies, cartoons. She doesn't even have an upcoming series in the books.

With Iron Fist, he's in the cartoons and can possibly show up in the Netflix series. With Squirrel Girl, they did the fans a favor. But I don't see anyone shouting Polaris.

She would be fun, though. No doubt about that. I think I'd prefer an alternate universe Norma Osborne and Spider-Gwen / Petra Parker instead.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    I'm still leaning toward Emma Frost for the shapeshifter but Kitty Pride is an obvious choice as well. I wouldn't mind seeing either and would be very interested to see how they incorporate Kitty's ability into the game.
  • Ghost79 wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:

Oops my bad, i did totally forget that little detail icon_e_confused.gif

You know when you think about it Reed has always seemed a bit fay and effeminate. I mean we all know Sue wears the pants in that relationship. Maybe Turul is being especially cryptic in his clues ... Or maybe I just need to read forum posts more closely.
  • ecir2002 wrote:

Wait, Reed Richards isn't female?!
    icon_razz.gif

Yeah, I forgot.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:

icon_razz.gif

Yeah, I forgot.

This may be an odd train of thought, but could Reed temporarily reshape his anatomy to mimic female anatomy (at least in form if not in function)? He'd have to study up on his anatomy texts to get the physiological details right, but I'm leaning toward there being no reason why he couldn't.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    dearbluey wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:

icon_razz.gif

Yeah, I forgot.

This may be an odd train of thought, but could Reed temporarily reshape his anatomy to mimic female anatomy (at least in form if not in function)? He'd have to study up on his anatomy texts to get the physiological details right, but I'm leaning toward there being no reason why he couldn't.

Or Wolverine changing shapes by removing certain bodyparts - to become female icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:

icon_razz.gif

Yeah, I forgot.

Or Wolverine changing shapes by removing certain bodyparts - to become female icon_e_biggrin.gif

Sounds like the type of person Wolverine considers a sister.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    turul wrote:

Wolverine as a girl! X-23 is a female clone of Wolverine
    X-23 confirmed icon_razz.gif
  • eaise wrote:
    turul wrote:

Wolverine as a girl! X-23 is a female clone of Wolverine
    X-23 confirmed icon_razz.gif

I vote for a 3* Hawkeye (Kate Bishop), female and has totally different arrow shapes icon_razz.gif
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    This may be a bit of a stretch here, but in my opinion the hacker hints have been pretty straightforward and I've been able to guess the majority of character drops based on the hints. So I'm gonna go a different (more direct) route with the shapeshifter...

We know it's a female, but someone also hinted it obscure enough to have to google and implied they're a villain.

A lot of people have been wondering when the Skrull are going to make it into the game, and some of the St Patrick's hints that our dear hackers and also MPQ threw out randomly may suggest that yet another green person may be coming. While I was leaning towards this being a Green Goblin hint (he's leprechauny) for the Spider-Man villain thing, Perhaps this could be a hint (if a hint at all) for the shapeshifter too.

So my guess is Lyja (has anyone said this yet?) -- She's a shapeshifting Skrull who is a villain of the Fantastic Four. She did sort of turn to good I believe at some point after falling in love with Johnny Storm, so maybe that's why the villain hint hasn't been pushed so hard... the hackers aren't sure it's fair to call her a villain if they don't know if she'll be more capable of teaming up with villains or the four themselves.

Anyway, there's my guess.
  • Lyja is probably too obscure for this game, she's an incredibly minor character, and she's not part of any storyline the game has done. On top of that, she's almost certainly tied up in FF rights, and there appears to be a licensing freeze on the FF right now (and I'll continue to believe that until I see anything anywhere tied to the FF that would have been approved after the middle of last year).
  • I thought you were going to say Queen Veranake...only slightly less obscure...

I am however growing on the notion of a 'shapeshifter' being not necessarily someone that changes form, but someone who moves things around, a la a telekinetic, which doesn't change my guess from Emma Frost. I'm only batting .500 on my guesses, so who knows, but this sure is fun...

Lore note: Queen Veranake is from the Secret Invasion arc, and was the leader of a hyper-literal sect of Skrulls in opposition to the then King Dorrek VII, who eventually imprisoned her as a heretic. The Annihilation Wave eventually gave veracity to her claims, allowing her to elevate herself to the leader of the remaining skrulls. She decided to lead the invasion of Earth (which was prophesied to be their new home world) and took the form of Spider-Woman.
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I thought you were going to say Queen Veranake...only slightly less obscure...

I am however growing on the notion of a 'shapeshifter' being not necessarily someone that changes form, but someone who moves things around, a la a telekinetic, which doesn't change my guess from Emma Frost. I'm only batting .500 on my guesses, so who knows, but this sure is fun...

Lore note: Queen Veranake is from the Secret Invasion arc, and was the leader of a hyper-literal sect of Skrulls in opposition to the then King Dorrek VII, who eventually imprisoned her as a heretic. The Annihilation Wave eventually gave veracity to her claims, allowing her to elevate herself to the leader of the remaining skrulls. She decided to lead the invasion of Earth (which was prophesied to be their new home world) and took the form of Spider-Woman.

You very well could be right. Just sounds like so much of a stretch to me. Good one on Queen Veranake too icon_e_smile.gif
This discussion has been closed.