[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'd say She-Hulk but she's already in the game. I think the riddle confirms Kamala Khan. Too much of it applies to her (earnest, not the first, etc.)

Yup, and she got a lot of guesses early on.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    The Devs will happily remind you that # of *s in no way reflects power level, but rather rarity in game.
    ... which would make them look really stupid if they are suggesting that 1s, 2s and 3s are all interchangeable in terms of their power level

Hey, just reminding the discussion of what the devs have said.

And I note you wisely omitted 4*s LOL
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Skygazing wrote:
    Now with everyone else hopping on the hint train I'd like to contribute. As it stands everyone knows that we have a female shapeshifter coming. Namely, one with a power that creates green tiles. Many of you have guessed correctly, that much I will say. I've enjoyed seeing some of the more "out there" suggestions too. Understanding my post should help to clear things up though. Here's a clue to help you out.

Earnest heroes have their day. Some will go and some will stay. Through it all we persevere. Searching, waiting, for smoke to clear. Never do we wonder when it will end. It is a truth we must not offend. Rise above and search within. Chosen, puzzle-solving kin. Her shifting form is not the first. Still with the first you must converse. Every end you must disperse. The char you seek comes first in verse.

Anyone want to try and crack the riddle with me?

If you take the first letters of each sentence (of both paragraphs)...you end up with...

NANMIUH ESTSNIRCHSET

so that's a jumbled mess obviously, but some things jump out to me... Skygazer shortened the word Character to Char, and those letters are in there...

CHAR NNMIUHESTSNISET

Then right away I see THE and IS, So,

THE CHAR IS NNMUSSNIET

Hey, I see another word in there...

THE CHAR IS MISS NNUNET

...and that's where I'm stuck. If anyone figure out how to get from NNUNET to MARVEL we might have an answer!
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    johnnyzero wrote:

If you take the first letters of each sentence (of both paragraphs)...you end up with...

NANMIUH ESTSNIRCHSET

so that's a jumbled mess obviously, but some things jump out to me... Skygazer shortened the word Character to Char, and those letters are in there...

CHAR NNMIUHESTSNISET

THE CHAR IS NNMUSSNIET

THE CHAR IS MISS NNUNET

...and that's where I'm stuck. If anyone figure out how to get from NNUNET to MARVEL we might have an answer!
    3 N's in NNUNET

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Also, I don't want to blow Ben's mind here, but....

If they do Ms. Marvel, could Lockjaw not be too far behind?
  • Trisul wrote:
    Also, I don't want to blow Ben's mind here, but....

If they do Ms. Marvel, could Lockjaw not be too far behind?

#2 on my list!

If the game is still going when the Inhumans movie hits, I think he'll be a lock. He's going to end up being the Groot of that movie.
  • johnnyzero wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:
    Now with everyone else hopping on the hint train I'd like to contribute. As it stands everyone knows that we have a female shapeshifter coming. Namely, one with a power that creates green tiles. Many of you have guessed correctly, that much I will say. I've enjoyed seeing some of the more "out there" suggestions too. Understanding my post should help to clear things up though. Here's a clue to help you out.

Earnest heroes have their day. Some will go and some will stay. Through it all we persevere. Searching, waiting, for smoke to clear. Never do we wonder when it will end. It is a truth we must not offend. Rise above and search within. Chosen, puzzle-solving kin. Her shifting form is not the first. Still with the first you must converse. Every end you must disperse. The char you seek comes first in verse.

NANMIUH ESTSNIRCHSET

CHAR NNMIUHESTSNISET

THE CHAR IS NNMUSSNIET

THE CHAR IS MISS NNUNET

Or, throw out the whole the char is business and take the anagrams separated by paragraph.

NANMIUH = INHUMAN

ESTSNIRCHSET = SECRETS HINTS
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    johnnyzero wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:

NANMIUH ESTSNIRCHSET

CHAR NNMIUHESTSNISET

THE CHAR IS NNMUSSNIET

THE CHAR IS MISS NNUNET

Or, throw out the whole the char is business and take the anagrams separated by paragraph.

NANMIUH = INHUMAN

To clarify:
    You're getting close, but the anagram refers specifically to the name of the power that has been mentioned.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Skygazing wrote:
    johnnyzero wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:

NANMIUH ESTSNIRCHSET

CHAR NNMIUHESTSNISET

THE CHAR IS NNMUSSNIET

THE CHAR IS MISS NNUNET

NANMIUH = INHUMAN

To clarify:
    You're getting close, but the anagram refers specifically to the name of the power that has been mentioned.
    Inhuman Stretchiness
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    TazFTW wrote:
    Inhuman Stretchiness

Appreciate the spoiler tags.
    You are correct!
  • aesthetocyst
    That can't all be right, because this guy is not female, and he is obviously 4 star.png, not 3 star.pngicon_razz.gif

misterfantasticMPQ.jpg
  • I had that issue. Great one which you had to read twice.
  • That can't all be right, because this guy is not female, and he is obviously 4 star.png, not 3 star.pngicon_razz.gif

misterfantasticMPQ.jpg

Where did you get that? Is that really who it is because it was supposed to be female shapeshifter.
  • aesthetocyst
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Where did you get that? Is that really who it is because it was supposed to be female shapeshifter.

Apologies, it's homemade. I was being sarcastic ... referring to the difference between what players beg for and what gets released.

We get what we want .... eventually.
  • ecir2002 wrote:

Apologies, it's homemade. I was being sarcastic ... referring to the difference between what players beg for and what gets released.

Lol ok thanks. I saw the hint thrown out and someone guessed it right and then I saw that. Made me a bit confused.
  • You guys are good. Kamala it is, huh.
  • Even if the clues all match up, that means that we got three versions of Ms. Marvel in less than a year, with a 2* and 3* version already in place. With the release of 4* Prof. X, the next character is most likely not to be one, and unless they remove the current 3*/2* version of MMrvl, then we have our first duplicate, before the release of numerous glaring popular choices.

No matter how good the clues match up, that doesn't make any business sense. Unless someone at D3 has got a massive crush on the character, and they killed every rational person in the company so they can continue to create and release MMRVL clones, it just doesn't seem likely...
  • Even if the clues all match up, that means that we got three versions of Ms. Marvel in less than a year, with a 2* and 3* version already in place. With the release of 4* Prof. X, the next character is most likely not to be one, and unless they remove the current 3*/2* version of MMrvl, then we have our first duplicate, before the release of numerous glaring popular choices.

No matter how good the clues match up, that doesn't make any business sense. Unless someone at D3 has got a massive crush on the character, and they killed every rational person in the company so they can continue to create and release MMRVL clones, it just doesn't seem likely...

4 versions. Moonstone! But Ms. Marvel is more of a codename than a person. So I think Kamela can be her own character. She's distinct from Danvers, et al.
  • Yikes...you're right.

Maybe there's something to that Ms. Marvel obsession conspiracy...

Well, one good thing about Kamala Khan being the next character (if that's correct) is that we've finally exhausted all relevant versions of that character, and can finally get back to getting characters from the rest of the Marvel catalog...
  • ecir2002 wrote:

If the next character IS in fact Kamala Khan, can you doctor an image of the title screen and change the name of the game to " Ms. Marvel Puzzle Quest". ..that would be awesome...
This discussion has been closed.