[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    edited March 2015
    Skygazing wrote:
    I hope you all enjoyed that last riddle, as I've come up with something new today.

The following puzzle will reveal more information regarding the upcoming character, provided you can solve it of course.

All I ask is that if you think you've figured it out that you spoiler tag what you discover.
    bQt08Pm.jpg

I could be off on #2 and #4. I'm pretty sure about the rest. I'll go with Blergh's answer for #3. I had the same answer for #6.
    1.ABYSS
    2. Architect or Coronated - Taliesin, "Shining Brow," was a famous residence of architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
    3. voWels
    4. Flavian - the Flavian amphitheatre aka the Roman Coliseum, sight of blood sport and sadistic events
    5. probleM - all ideas begin with a problem
    6. Umbrage - the current slang "to throw shade" can be traced to this word. Literally foliage or shade; to take offense to a perceived sleight
    7. Orion
    ABYSSAWFMUO = WAS FAMOUS BY. If correct, I have no idea what that means.
  • KingOzymandius
    KingOzymandius Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Salgy wrote:
    What about this guy? I am pretty ignorant to all things comics, so I understand that I'm probably 100% wrong

icon_eek.gif Huh. Never heard of him before, but there he is. Looks like he's only a really minor character, though. A henchman of the Red Skull with only a handful of appearances. It is safe to say that he won't be made into a character for MPQ.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    The
    deathstroke of marvel: hears red skull is looking for a leader for skeleton crew dies in the contest with mangler and cutthroat. The end lol
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Etheus wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:
    I hope you all enjoyed that last riddle, as I've come up with something new today.

The following puzzle will reveal more information regarding the upcoming character, provided you can solve it of course.

All I ask is that if you think you've figured it out that you spoiler tag what you discover.
    bQt08Pm.jpg

I could be off on #2 and #4. I'm pretty sure about the rest. I'll go with Blergh's answer for #3. I had the same answer for #6.
    1.ABYSS
    2. Architect or Coronated - Taliesin, "Shining Brow," was a famous residence of architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
    3. voWels
    4. Flavian - the Flavian amphitheatre aka the Roman Coliseum, sight of blood sport and sadistic events
    5. probleM - all ideas begin with a problem
    6. Umbrage - the current slang "to throw shade" can be traced to this word. Literally foliage or shade; to take offense to a perceived sleight
    7. Orion
    ABYSSAWFMUO = WAS FAMOUS BY. If correct, I have no idea what that means.

#3 is wrong... There are 6 max, not 8
  • KingOzymandius
    KingOzymandius Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Salgy wrote:
    It's actually referring to the number of vowels (obviously some are duplicates) in the phrase "A Puzzle For You All", the title Skygazing gave to this set of clues. You're right, of course, about the number of vowels in the alphabet, but that isn't what that interpretation of clue #3 is based off of.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Salgy wrote:

Of thEsE I hAvE EIght. Count the caps - I am most probably wrong, but that's not why.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Salgy wrote:
    It's actually referring to the number of vowels (obviously some are duplicates) in the phrase "A Puzzle For You All", the title Skygazing gave to this set of clues. You're right, of course, about the number of vowels in the alphabet, but that isn't what that interpretation of clue #3 is based off of.
    Blergh wrote:
    Of thEsE I hAvE EIght. Count the caps - I am most probably wrong, but that's not why.

Gotcha... I'm too literal in my reasoning sometimes icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    So, grabbing together a bunch of answers above:

SPACE
    Angelical
    voWels
    titanic (Thanos reference?)
    Letter
    Umbrage
    Orion

space awtluo

Space Outlaw?
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Possessed of a sparkling-brow might be a double word clue - something-face, something-mind, something-wits or something-head. head-light - but possession lacking, bright-face, keep in mind, they're too long

The only one that slightly fits all aspects at an amazing stretch I've come up with is Bright-eyed.... think it's one over, but red eyes = possession. Eyes are in the brow, kind of, and bright is a synonym of sparkling. So everything I've come up with only partially fits or is too long.

Having the same trouble with the Marked and Idea clue. Notions seems to fit, as it is an idea, and to mark does mean to note. But the an idea makes it sound like the answer should be singular not plural.

But some ideas there for you to play with if you're still trying.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I like the "Vowels", "Umbrage" and "Orion" guesses.

Having said that, do you think that the answers to 1 and 5 may have the same reasoning as 3 because they have "I". So like #5 could be I mark the beginning of "an idea" - LETTER A

#1 could be I fall "into eternity" - NITRO or I fall into "eternity" - ENERT
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given the "cryptic" nature of the clues in both puzzles, as well as this thought from Taz
    TazFTW wrote:
    I started playing around with the first clue, and I'm fairly certain the answer for that is
    INTER
    This word is created using the first part of INTo and the middle of eTERnity, which can be achieved by dropping "into" into "eternity". This conforms pretty nicely with cryptic crossword type clues.
    Also, the verb inter means to bury or place into a grave/tomb - I think we'd already decided that "death" was close to synonymous with eternity, so this is another nice matchup.
    Furthermore, the prefix inter- means between or among (like intergalactic, international, etc.) which also mirrors the idea of dropping one word into another (so that "into" is among "eternity")
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    First let us recap what the puzzle is about: it's not about any other new character; it is additional info on the NEXT character, the female shapeshifter, already outlined to be Kamala Khan by previous hints. We also know it's not another of her power's name. So what additional info can be relevant for us about an MPQ character? Either one of her powers' effect, her colour strengths, rarity, or HP range.
    Mawtful wrote:
    Given the "cryptic" nature of the clues in both puzzles, as well as this thought from Taz
    TazFTW wrote:
    I started playing around with the first clue, and I'm fairly certain the answer for that is
    INTER
    This word is created using the first part of INTo and the middle of eTERnity, which can be achieved by dropping "into" into "eternity". This conforms pretty nicely with cryptic crossword type clues.
    Also, the verb inter means to bury or place into a grave/tomb - I think we'd already decided that "death" was close to synonymous with eternity, so this is another nice matchup.
    Furthermore, the prefix inter- means between or among (like intergalactic, international, etc.) which also mirrors the idea of dropping one word into another (so that "into" is among "eternity")
    If it is not this, I'm pretty sure is a play on the letters of the word "eternity", though the only others I can think of are "entry", "tenet", and "inert".

As for #5, I'm unconvinced by any of the proposed solutions, mostly because the wording of the hint: "I mark". It seems to me that it's talking about something more tangible.
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    INTER
    [/quote]

I like your answer for #1. If we were to go with Spiritclaw's anwers for #4 & #5 and my second answer for #2, then I think we have an answer:
    1. INTER
    2. Coronated
    3. voWels
    4. Titanic
    5. letteR
    6. Umbrage
    7. Orion
    INTERCWTRUO = WINTER COURT = Morgan le Fay?
  • #5 has 7 letters in it... letter has 6. My guess is CAPITAL. All sentences start with a capital letter.
  • When i see the word angelic i automatically think of the image comics spawn character who became a marvel charactee through legal action against todd mcfarlane. Angela

250px-Angelamarveluniverse.jpg
  • She has galactic origins has dealt with guardians of the galaxy and space pirates. She wears a crown. And is thors sister. Idk. Just thoughts
  • She also died
  • so did Wolverine
  • so did Wolverine
    and his corpse was immediately stolen by someone who wants to revive him. I wonder if he stays dead for another month.
  • Am I the only one who would like to see the sharpshooter be Taskmaster?
This discussion has been closed.