[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    It should be 2, with no dual-character-covers
  • So now the question is whether we will see the chaos and speed or the high HP and crime first. Either way, I needed the gauntlet as a break from all the grinding.

I hope it's Quicksilver and Kingpin. We desperately need some good villian characters.

Do you think they would make Quicksilver a 3 star.png and Scarlet Witch a 4 star.png ?
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Its good to see they are getting these out before the movie/tv show ( if it is pietro and fisk). I was kind of shocked last summer that there were no gotg characters released around the movie.at leasf they had them in time for dvd promotion.
  • turul
    IW rework is on the way! Revealing powerset a few updates later.
  • JustDan13
    JustDan13 Posts: 67
    turul wrote:

{Off to start an ice skate rental business in Hell}
  • turul wrote:
    Me and my 0/1/0 IW look at each other, shrug, and say, "Neat."

Though in all honesty this is exciting. Hopefully they actually make her a 4* this time. I realize offense is much better than defense in this game, but I'm hoping they turn her into an effective, powerful defensive character.
  • turul wrote:

*checks calendar* it's not April 1st... Holy ****!
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    Really nice, you just made my day! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    taloncarde wrote:
    Turul, can you confirm if the latest "hints" in the patch notes are for 2 charachters (Chaos and Speed, Crime and Brute) or for multiple charachters? (Chaos, Speed, Crime, Brute)
    I would assume two characters, and I guess
    Crime and Brute = High health (spidey villain for a 2nd choice)
    Chaos and Speed = sharpshooter (DoFP char for a 2nd choice)
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:

A few updates later? As in "R" updates? If so, then its over a month away?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a yellow IW cover in my rewards cache that expires in a week, so knowing how she'll be reworked would be really helpful in case I want to respec her.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chaos and speed could be quicksilver also knocking out turuls name is a color hint
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't seen if the name of the (presumed) new character has officially come out in this thread, so I'll put this in a spoiler for now
    icdxna0dxkywhtrdutqa.jpg

Marvel will be (slowly?) releasing their "all new Avengers" cover, so far revealed is TGThor, and the (presumed) new character....I assume this means we may be getting more of the new avengers quickly?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:
    I highly doubt the Quicksilver we'll see will be the DOFP version, as that was a Fox film. I'm pretty sure we'll see the Quicksilver from the Avengers 2 movie being released shortly. At least I pray that's the version we get...

Comics version is a certainty, I think. They haven't released movie versions of anybody.

You mean besides Dare Devil and Nick Fury? Movies follow Comics follow movies. The art style begins to depict the character in the movie/show occasionally. Just look at the Dare Devil character and tell me you don't see Ben Afleck.

I don't see Ben Afleck.

That's because this is a Marvel game, we can't have old Batman in it. icon_e_wink.gif
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I haven't seen if the name of the (presumed) new character has officially come out in this thread, so I'll put this in a spoiler for now
    icdxna0dxkywhtrdutqa.jpg

Marvel will be (slowly?) releasing their "all new Avengers" cover, so far revealed is TGThor, and the (presumed) new character....I assume this means we may be getting more of the new avengers quickly?
    Would that be She-Thor, Pepper, Miles, Kamala, Sam, and - er - uh Sam again?
    . That WOULD be all-new, and all-different.

Or maybe it's Richard instead of a second Sam.
  • turul
    Thanos wrote:
    turul wrote:

No, the smaller updates. (However her in-game change will be probably in the middle of next R*)

She still looks like 3/5/5, but of course changes still can come, thats why I'm waiting a bit.
  • turul wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    turul wrote:

No, the smaller updates. (However her in-game change will be probably in the middle of next R*)

She still looks like 3/5/5, but of course changes still can come, thats why I'm waiting a bit.

Can you let us know who she would work well with and if she sounds good? Mine is currently 4/5/1 and I'll be getting the 2nd yellow in a month or so from dailies.
  • turul
    edited March 2015
    OK, I reveal the changes now. Keep in mind that these changes may not be final.

- Yellow: creates a protect tile too.
    - Blue: basically unchanged*
    - Green: does not lose turn, does not generate AP
    - *AP cost, damage output changes: I cannot see those.

So her powers had minor changes. Looks like theye are tweaking AP costs down, but they had to remove AP generation to avoid infinity turns.

Blue and Green should be 5-8 AP cost to make her relevant, with XForce green comparable damage output.
    I hope they consider doing bigger changes to her, and wothout totally losing AP generation.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    Blue and Green should be 5-8 AP cost to make her relevant, with XForce green comparable damage output.
    I hope they consider doing bigger changes to her, and without totally losing AP generation.

Absolutely, Turul! While the changes you refer to are a start in the right direction (pretty much what Tanis said near start of this thread http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23655 ), much better ideas have been posted all over this forum over the past year!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if they're basically just keeping her the same, except for changing AP input/output, I have a stupid question: how are you supposed to use her abilities? I would've assumed that blue is to lock your own special tiles that you don't want to get destroyed, but then green goes ahead and creates cascades around them, which give a good chance of destroying them. I don't see how these go together.
  • turul
    simonsez wrote:
    So if they're basically just keeping her the same, except for changing AP input/output, I have a stupid question: how are you supposed to use her abilities? I would've assumed that blue is to lock your own special tiles that you don't want to get destroyed, but then green goes ahead and creates cascades around them, which give a good chance of destroying them. I don't see how these go together.

A) You lock enemy special tiles to neutralize them
    B) You put bubbles next to enemy special tiles to destroy them
    C) You destroy locked tiles created by other characters (???)

Rarer cases:
    D) You lock friendly tiles to protect them from your own board-shaking/destroying ability
    E) You lock friendly tiles to make them non-existent. buggy/inconsistent (Lets you build more spider-sense shield, but no Luke Cage passive, or no Mystique double-shapeshift) (I bug-reported this but unable to find it?)
This discussion has been closed.