[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• ErikPeter wrote:
    bcas76 wrote:
    I might give three seconds of consideration to an IW rework if I really thought it would put her on par with X-Force or TGT, but she's never going to be anything more than another unplayable, gimmicky 4* like Star-Lord (all countdown tiles!) and Elektra (sneaky trap/strike tiles!). Either the gimmick works, like Xavier (all passive...ish!), or it doesn't. I just don't see a huge advantage to filling the board with bubbles no matter what the cost.

Yeah, that's disappointing because bubbles aren't any fun, and never really have been. Maybe they'll be cheap enough to be usable to destroy enemy special tiles. Or lock XF out of black anyway. Or maybe she's just supposed to be the "Oh God No, I'm not spending 15 minutes on one fight" character on defense.

Anyway, wrong place to talk about it. I've brought up a similar sentiment in her thread.

The dude has to be Quicksilver. How many speedsters does Marvel even have? It could be another two-person duo like Grocket but that seems silly (and QS is not really 4* material like SW can be).

I thought we all decided the sharpshooter was just 2* cyclops. Is that not what we think anymore? Hope he's a bit different than 3* (E.g as different as the two Carol Danverses)

For varying degrees of speed: http://marvel.wikia.com/Superhuman_Speed
  • IW's powers are actually all quite good but the cost makes it prohibitive. There's a lot of interesting things you can do with them that never mattered because it's 5 blue matches + 3 green matches or 6 green matches to get your first offensive bubble move going. I imagine if Surgical Strike cost 30 AP some people will be saying, 'how can a move like Surgical Strike possibly be good revamped?' If Force Bubble Crush did enough damage and it was possible to get your bubbles on the board before the game ended, there's a lot of interesting stuff you can do with them. At a guess I'd think Force Bubbles should be in the 3 match range, and Force Bubble Crush should become the best green nuke in the game, because it takes 2 moves for it to do anything so it should be worth the effort. I actually like generating AP and end the turn since 'ends the turn' will pretty much stop any infinite combo from forming but I guess players don't like 'ends the turn' and D3 doesn't like infinite combo so as a compromise we get something that doesn't generate AP but also doesn't end the turn?
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Phantron wrote:
    IW's powers are actually all quite good but the cost makes it prohibitive. There's a lot of interesting things you can do with them that never mattered because it's 5 blue matches + 3 green matches or 6 green matches to get your first offensive bubble move going. I imagine if Surgical Strike cost 30 AP some people will be saying, 'how can a move like Surgical Strike possibly be good revamped?' If Force Bubble Crush did enough damage and it was possible to get your bubbles on the board before the game ended, there's a lot of interesting stuff you can do with them. At a guess I'd think Force Bubbles should be in the 3 match range, and Force Bubble Crush should become the best green nuke in the game, because it takes 2 moves for it to do anything so it should be worth the effort. I actually like generating AP and end the turn since 'ends the turn' will pretty much stop any infinite combo from forming but I guess players don't like 'ends the turn' and D3 doesn't like infinite combo so as a compromise we get something that doesn't generate AP but also doesn't end the turn?

Iw doesnt need a rework it is exactly as you say if there were a way for her to easily get out force bubble without having to make 5 blue matches shed be great. if invisible womans playstyle was on a highe health say 13000 plus 4 star they wouldnt even be considered bad but taking into account the she has only 8300 health tanking anything that would deal damage sounds senile.

if for 3 blue ap she could throw out 5 force bubbles we wouldnt even complain because you couldnt immediatly start blowing sh*t up!!!! icon_e_smile.gif

but i will say as long as her green remains green xforce will always be a better choice. that power should be black or purple. green conflicts too much with other good charcaters

if she passively generated force bubbles or good put out 3 for say 5ap and her green did about 3k shed be first pick because shed just fuel ap and lock eenemy tiles.

also where are people getting this thing saying bubbles arent fun. i mean how is xforce fun you all seem to love him?
  • Turul,

Can you post the star.png level, abilities, etc. for Iron Patriot? It is obvious that the devs dropped him from their plans and I just want to know what he was like. It would have been nice for him to be our first 4 star.png villain to balance out against icon_nickfury.png but they will never go back and finish the Dark Reign story. They are now focused on lining up with Marvel's movie and comic release schedule for now to piggyback on the Disney advertising wagon. Thanks!
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    fsentell wrote:
    Turul,

Can you post the star.png level, abilities, etc. for Iron Patriot? It is obvious that the devs dropped him from their plans and I just want to know what he was like. It would have been nice for him to be our first 4 star.png villain to balance out against icon_nickfury.png but they will never go back and finish the Dark Reign story. They are now focused on lining up with Marvel's movie and comic release schedule for now to piggyback on the Disney advertising wagon. Thanks!

Unfortunately there is nothing I can see regarding Iron Patriot!
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    ErikPeter wrote:

The dude has to be Quicksilver. How many speedsters does Marvel even have?

Northstar, Speed (one of the supposedly twin siblings of the Scarlet Witch), and the rest are just 2-3 way lesser ones

I dont think there's much doubt on it, like they did with Cap and Falcon, there has to be a Quicksilver / Scarlet Witch character with the upcoming movie, wouldnt be surprised if its just all in one like Grocket
  • turul wrote:
    The "speedy" character will also lock random tiles, or destroy them (no surrounding), passively.
    Other two abilities get cheaper for every locked tile on board (minimum 5 AP)
    So weird. Locked tiles were not what I imagined would represent a speedster. I guess they could be frozen in time compared to the speedster, but that doesn't feel right.

In any case, I'm hoping that Locked tiles are put to better use than originally intended. The Devs have much better uses for trap and invisibility tiles now compared to their introduction. I hope, at least, that is true of the speedster. I'm disappointed that they didn't update Grant Invisibility to allow you to choose the recipient (a la Fastball Special).

They are really putting effort into finding skills in sideways (like PX invisibility)
    But i guess a speedster would give a tactical advantage to your team and stopping others from making moves with his speed to react sounds normal

if IW rework include less ap i can see myself using her but what i dont understand is why force bubbles and no force wall, she should have a stun lock skill to encase a hero and leave him out of the battle, seems like a basic thing she is missing and would make her more usable
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    The new star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 13700 HP purpleflag.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.png character seems pretty decent. Thoughts on who?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    ronin-san wrote:
    The new star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 13700 HP purpleflag.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.png character seems pretty decent. Thoughts on who?

Seems pretty obviously Kingpin. The moves scream "criminal mastermind planning" with the countdown tiles. Requires long term planning until the pieces fall into place.
  • ronin-san wrote:

Where did you get that info at? I looked back and didnt see it.
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

Unknown character in the characters page.
    I know the idea behind starlord revolves around ability cost manipulation, but I'm pretty sure kingpin ends up being straight up much better than SL at dealing damage with cooldown tiles. I'm actually pretty interested in this one.
  • ark123 wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

Unknown character in the characters page.
    I know the idea behind starlord revolves around ability cost manipulation, but I'm pretty sure kingpin ends up being straight up much better than SL at dealing damage with cooldown tiles. I'm actually pretty interested in this one.

Thanks! I didn't see that. I thought a 3* was next tho? It was Prof X now Ms. Marvel.
  • Next pve is thick as thieves. Wonder if they are doing back to back events since it's kingpin.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Next pve is thick as thieves. Wonder if they are doing back to back events since it's kingpin.

I will be so upset if they do another new character pve right now. I don't have the energy, especially for a four star.
  • notamutant wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Next pve is thick as thieves. Wonder if they are doing back to back events since it's kingpin.

I will be so upset if they do another new character pve right now. I don't have the energy, especially for a four star.
    4* are always introduced in pve.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beast rework coming!
    Dr Octopus rework coming!
    She-hulk rework coming!
    They are mostly keeping their old abilities, some stay the same, some having tweaks to be more reliable, some have improvements in their effects
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Beast rework coming!
    She-hulk rework coming!
    They are mostly keeping their old abilities, some stay the same, some having tweaks to be more reliable, some have improvements in their effects

Thanks, I'm glad to hear it. Pretty fond of SheHulk. icon_e_smile.gif
  • turul wrote:
    Beast rework coming!
    She-hulk rework coming!

That's actually a solid list as reworks go. Doc kock could actually be really good if they adjust his abilities costs
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    ark123 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Beast rework coming!
    She-hulk rework coming!

That's actually a solid list as reworks go. Doc kock could actually be really good if they adjust his abilities costs

I'm very interested in seeing Doc Ock v2.0. His green will likely be totally revamped. I dream that Beast's yellow goes true heal, albeit sub 1K heal. She-Hulk? I wish her blue went a bit Elektra and granted her a huge strike.png tile while giving the enemy a couple, say, 12 strike tiles in return. That coupled with Doc Ock's Insult to Injury could be fun.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know She-Hulk isn't exactly top tier, but her Red & Blue are both certainly still useable even in their current state. If reprieve targeted "strongest" colours & provided Protect tile(s) it would be an improvement.

Anyway, I think what I'm saying is that Ragnarok is probably in greater need of a rework than She-Hulk.
This discussion has been closed.