[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    The reworks - keep in mind I don't see revised AP costs. (or revised damage done, etc)

Doc.Oc:
    - swaps 16 pairs now (8 before)
    - aoe dmg + stun + improve 1 special tile + steals Green AP

Beast
    - burst of heal + if blue tile present, creates multiple blue protect tiles
    - CD's special tiles are generated on random blue tiles (not surrounding)

She-Hulk
    now redistributes ??? atk/strike/protect tiles betweeen player and enemy, and improves the friendly ones.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    The reworks - keep in mind I don't see revised AP costs. (or revised damage done, etc)

Doc.Oc:

So they're going *a bit Falcon* with his AOE improving one tile? Eh...It's still a bit "Coke all-the-things"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzj1OF7d9m4

But if they raise the damage and or reduce the cost, that could be fun.
  • I'm very curious how the new She-Hulk will work - I was trying her and Blade yesterday and of course Settlement overwrote my 727 dmg attack tile instead of all the juicy strike tiles I had out. icon_e_sad.gif
  • romak3 wrote:
    I'm very curious how the new She-Hulk will work - I was trying her and Blade yesterday and of course Settlement overwrote my 727 dmg attack tile instead of all the juicy strike tiles I had out. icon_e_sad.gif
    I'm one of the weirdos who actually likes She-Hulk. I use her semi-regularly, and I hope they don't change her powers too much. Her red is actually pretty good. I wouldn't hate a bump in damage, but it's really more of a cascade power anyway. Her blue is the tricky part as it's very situational and to use it effectively you absolutely cannot have any kind of friendly special tile generation, which makes team composition a little tricky. If they made it only target enemy special tiles it would be pretty amazing, and make it way easier to fit her into a squad.

Her green is the real dumpster fire of the bunch. It's the only one of the three that actually needs a lot of work. Either it needs to be way cheaper, its effects need to be way better, both, or it needs to be completely reworked. 12 cost powers need to have dramatic effects on the game to be worth pursuing. A terrible heal and random AP drain (not steal) does not fit that description. Ditto for Doc Ock's powers. A four match power that goes off and almost nothing happens is not okay.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    I'm one of the weirdos who actually likes Doc Ock, including his green @ 5 covers - so I'm glad to see that ability will now steal back some of its cost (similar to Torch's red) and improve a special tile, providing a bit of synergy with his already-fine black passive. It looks like I'll be staying 3/5/5 with him, as I still don't see the value of shifting 16 tiles with his blue at its current cost.

Thanks for the update, turul!
  • turul wrote:

Doc.Oc:

Beast

She-Hulk
    now redistributes ??? atk/strike/protect tiles betweeen player and enemy, and improves the friendly ones.

I'm glad they are reworking them. Do you know if it's going to be in an update or if it's like they did with the last reworked?
  • turul
    ecir2002 wrote:
    turul wrote:

Doc.Oc:

Beast

She-Hulk

I'm glad they are reworking them. Do you know if it's going to be in an update or if it's like they did with the last reworked?

I don't know, but based on Ragnarok's update coming live (from spoiler preview), it can take weeks...
  • I agree with a number of the comments up thread.

She Hulk needs her green completely overhauled, Beast's blue getting fixed is nice but his green probably needs to be ramped up (this may not show up yet tho) while his yellow is still pretty irrelevant, and it sounds like Ock is improving slightly but not enough.

Frankly, I think Ock's blue lost what little appeal it had when Sentry got nerfed, as world rupture would have been the main reason to use it.
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Doc Ock is one of those funny characters that surprised me at first but then you can make easy work of.

I remember the first time i came up against him i was running 1* storm, used her hailstorm and then every match he did just completely screwed me over. He's got a good niche in that sense (i don't have him on my team as i've never come across a single cover, but just from a 'to play against' perspective) unless you're going for board control though he becomes pretty easy to take care of.

Beast on the other hand... i never really thought of any character as being 'bad' but it dawned on me the other day that when the other team uses a power-up and i don't know what's coming, or when you progress to a new wave without knowing what's going to be there, i always let out a sigh of relief when it's beast. Some characters make me think 'oh ****!' others make me think 'hmmm i'll have to make sure i do x or y' and then there's characters like beast that make me think 'thank god for that' icon_lol.gif

I like both Beast and Doc Ock as characters though so will be looking forward to them getting a buff.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    I agree with a number of the comments up thread.

She Hulk needs her green completely overhauled, Beast's blue getting fixed is nice but his green probably needs to be ramped up (this may not show up yet tho) while his yellow is still pretty irrelevant, and it sounds like Ock is improving slightly but not enough.

Frankly, I think Ock's blue lost what little appeal it had when Sentry got nerfed, as world rupture would have been the main reason to use it.
    If its cost is lowered and it swap 16 tiles doc could be pretty good paired with patch. I wish his black worked with his blue though.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:

Doc.Oc:

Beast

She-Hulk
    So, does it mean both Octopus and She-Hulk will lose the ability to destroy enemy CDs with their powers? I know they were not something to begin with, but still - it's one less way to deal with, say Star-Lord or "Unknown (c.s.)".
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    If its cost is lowered and it swap 16 tiles doc could be pretty good paired with patch.
    I'm gonna say no. There's still just a 50% chance of destroying a given tile, and the damage it does is way less than Daredevil. Better to use the latter, or Loki.
  • turul
    Kolence wrote:
    turul wrote:

Doc.Oc:

Beast

She-Hulk
    So, does it mean both Octopus and She-Hulk will lose the ability to destroy enemy CDs with their powers? I know they were not something to begin with, but still - it's one less way to deal with, say Star-Lord or "Unknown (c.s.)".

I checked, Octopus swap will be able to destroy any special tiles with enough high cover level.
    otherwise, old abilities lost the CD-removal.
  • turul
    edited March 2015

• konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    romak3 wrote:
    I'm very curious how the new She-Hulk will work - I was trying her and Blade yesterday and of course Settlement overwrote my 727 dmg attack tile instead of all the juicy strike tiles I had out. icon_e_sad.gif
    I'm one of the weirdos who actually likes She-Hulk. I use her semi-regularly, and I hope they don't change her powers too much. Her red is actually pretty good. I wouldn't hate a bump in damage, but it's really more of a cascade power anyway. Her blue is the tricky part as it's very situational and to use it effectively you absolutely cannot have any kind of friendly special tile generation, which makes team composition a little tricky. If they made it only target enemy special tiles it would be pretty amazing, and make it way easier to fit her into a squad.

Her green is the real dumpster fire of the bunch. It's the only one of the three that actually needs a lot of work. Either it needs to be way cheaper, its effects need to be way better, both, or it needs to be completely reworked. 12 cost powers need to have dramatic effects on the game to be worth pursuing. A terrible heal and random AP drain (not steal) does not fit that description. Ditto for Doc Ock's powers. A four match power that goes off and almost nothing happens is not okay.

maw fighting a 10k health character is already hard enough., if her 9ap aoe did more than 1500 id have too gather my own she hulk
  • turul
    looks like ProfX reward next season, so " unknown 4* " looks like a casual PVE reward
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    looks like ProfX reward next season, so " unknown 4* " looks like a casual PVE reward
    Shocking. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    If anyone had any doubts, the next 4* is spoiled here;
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did anyone end up solving that second puzzle? I think we got side-tracked by Kamala confirmed + IW rework + new month's teasers in the Release notes.

Was it supposed to be a 2nd hint for Kamala? Given the answers that we were confident about, I can't really see how it fits with her.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    If anyone had any doubts, the next 4* is spoiled here;

Did I miss something in the patch notes?
This discussion has been closed.