[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• The only two Morphs I remember are the one from the old cartoon, and the one from the Age of Apocalypse storyline. However, I haven't kept up to date since the late 90's so they could have had him elsewhere since then.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Trisul wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I suspect we'll get Spider-Gwen at some point; I also think they'll make a big deal about her, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's a 4*.
    Dat look. Seems like vast majority prefer her to Silk.

I'm also surprised that Spider-Woman isn't in this game, being a core Avenger and all (and involved in the Dark Reign storyline IIRC). Wouldn't be surprised to see her in MPQ after her new costume comes into play.

I was thinking about this today. The two most popular Marvel characters (at least as far as I can see) in the greater world out there are Wolverine and Spider-man. MPQ has three Wolverine variants - a 4*, a 3*, and a 2* version. Spidey has one 3*, and... ahem ... Bagman.

I think we're DEFINITELY going to see a third Spider-man at some point, and I'd guess that it will almost certainly be a 4*. A 4* Spider-woman (either the Avengers version or Spider-Gwen) would be terrific. Alternatively, I could see a 4* black suit Spidey (from the FF), or -- if they really wanted to take it to the limit - a 4* Carnage filling that role. (Who would be more of a super-Venom, probably, than a Spider-man... but whatevs.)
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    I'll go with

- shape-shifter - Wasp
    - "can be invisibe" - Vision
    - spiderman related (villain) - Green Goblin
    - "sharpshooter" - Winter Soldier (outside chance being Marrow as she can 'shoot sharps'

Two of them being in movies this year, one last year and a villain that is beyond overdue in this game.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    RoryQ wrote:
    I'll go with

- shape-shifter - Wasp
    - "can be invisibe" - Vision
    - spiderman related (villain) - Green Goblin
    - "sharpshooter" - Winter Soldier (outside chance being Marrow as she can 'shoot sharps'

Two of them being in movies this year, one last year and a villain that is beyond overdue in this game.

Toad can be somewhat invisible also
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, I'm gonna throw my guesses into the ring as well

Female Shape-shifter: Rogue...mainly because she's a popular choice and I think the devs are finally giving us popular people. Plus, she shape-shifts her abilities based on who she gains power from, so I think it would work well.

Invisible- Professor X....plus he'd be the all passives with one being a combo passive/active. He messes with your mind and makes you think he's somewhere he's not. That's a version of invisible.

icon_spiderman.png related- icon_ironpatriot.png ...mainly cause he's been known about forever, so why wait any longer?

Sharpshooter- Bullseye....the 3 star.png variant who will be a lot cooler than his lame 2 star.png counterpart.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    rHAOA6i.jpg
  • Invisible Woman is being rebuffed !
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Can someone explain what relation Carnage has to Venom? Which is more dangerous? Also, i'm confused about Iron Patriot. In the movies he's Starks creation and side kick but in Ultimate Spiderman he's Osborn's creation.Whats his true origin?
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Invisible Woman is being rebuffed !

I wished, but that was answered already.
    turul wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    So, who would like to come up next?

- shape-shifter
    - "can be invisibe"
    - spiderman related (villain)
    - "sharpshooter"

(besides the one who will be 4* )

If this is a Sue fix then yes. Otherwise Spider-Man related.

It's not Sue, but I think we can expect an IW fix-too, now after Rags.
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Invisible Woman is being rebuffed !

I wished, but that was answered already.
    turul wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    So, who would like to come up next?

- shape-shifter
    - "can be invisibe"
    - spiderman related (villain)
    - "sharpshooter"

(besides the one who will be 4* )

If this is a Sue fix then yes. Otherwise Spider-Man related.

It's not Sue, but I think we can expect an IW fix-too, now after Rags.

Then technically he was correct:

rebuff
    [n. ri-buhf, ree-buhf; v. ri-buhf]

a peremptory refusal of a request, offer, etc.; snub.

And as we all know, technically correct is the best kind of correct. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos wrote:
    Can someone explain what relation Carnage has to Venom? Which is more dangerous?
    According to canon, none of the Symboites are crazy/dangerous/etc, it's actually a part of the symbiosis process and it causes because of poor matchups in personality or biology. However, Carnage is considered the most psychotic/dangerous. Venom is likely considered by most to be the most powerful. Some more reading can be found here, but there is of course some mild spoilers.

Thanos wrote:
    Also, i'm confused about Iron Patriot. In the movies he's Starks creation and side kick but in Ultimate Spiderman he's Osborn's creation.Whats his true origin?
    Both are right, to a degree, Iron Patriot is just a suit of armor - it was created by Norman as a replica of one of Tony's suits and was painted to resemble Captain America (hence the red, white, and blue) and used by Norman as part of his "Dark Avengers" - later to be used by Randy Roades, if I am not mistaken. However, if by "Ultimate Spiderman", you mean the animated show, I do believe that is not part of the canonical comic universe, and they portray him incorrectly as a legitimate superhero, which he isn't - it was a redeemers quest right?
  • [quote="GothicKratos" later to be used by Randy Roades, if I am not mistaken. [/quote]

Randy Rhoads was Ozzie Osbourne's late guitarist. I think you mean "Rhodey" Rhodes.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    later to be used by Randy Roades, if I am not mistaken.

Randy Rhoads was Ozzie Osbourne's late guitarist. I think you mean "Rhodey" Rhodes.

You are correct, but how badass would that have been? Naw, wait, Randy woulda been War Machine. Shredding his enemies to death. icon_lol.gif
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    later to be used by Randy Roades, if I am not mistaken.

You are correct, but how badass would that have been? Naw, wait, Randy woulda been War Machine. Shredding his enemies to death. icon_lol.gif

He would have been the metal-est hero in the Marvel Universe.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Thanos wrote:
    Can someone explain what relation Carnage has to Venom? Which is more dangerous?

Carnage was born out of one of Venom symbiote's offspring that entered into serial killer Cletus Kasady's (a psychopath and a homicidal sadist) bloodstream and bonded with his blood transforming him into Carnage.

Carnage has similar abilities to Venom & Spider-Man (like spider-sense) but with more strength than both of them combined & less vulnerability to sound than Venom. Carnage also has some shape-shifting & regeneration abilities.

Combined with the insane host that "takes an almost artistic pride in his mayhem" & you've got an explosive combination! icon_mrgreen.gif

More detailed read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnage_(comics)
  • Carnage_78 wrote:
    Thanos wrote:

Carnage was born out of one of Venom symbiote's offspring that entered into serial killer Cletus Kasady's (a psychopath and a homicidal sadist) bloodstream and bonded with his blood transforming him into Carnage.

Carnage has similar abilities to Venom & Spider-Man (like spider-sense) but with more strength than both of them combined & less vulnerability to sound than Venom. Carnage also has some shape-shifting & regeneration abilities.

Combined with the insane host that "takes an almost artistic pride in his mayhem" & you've got an explosive combination! icon_mrgreen.gif

More detailed read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnage_(comics)

The one not familiar with was Anti-Venom. Does anyone have any information on him?
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    That "What if...?" cover sure does have the watcher in the top left corner.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    (What if the Fantastic Four all had the same power)

I remember that issue!! Especially Sue Storm becoming Man-Thing...
    .....is Man-Thing coming? icon_e_surprised.gif (I would LOVE that)

Even better -- they should "buff" Sue in MPQ by just turning her into Man-Thing. Problem(s) solved!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul posts another FF related clue. Interestingly the What If cover features Spidey's eyes. The villain was Spider-man "related", which I think means it's someone he has fought, but maybe never by himself. Maybe the villain has only been an adversary of Spidey when he's helping out another hero or team of heroes.

At this point, my Spider-Man and Fantastic Four knowledge is pretty well at its limit. The only villain that really comes to mind is Dr. Doom, because of this http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9t2kjtszL1r8ag2co1_1280.jpg . I know that the general consensus is that the Spidey-related villain is Kingpin, so has he ever been an adversary of the Fantastic Four as well? I also thought he tied into the street level heroes more.
  • I don't think Kingpin has ever fought the Fantastic Four. And I wouldn't hold my breath on any Fantastic Four-related characters coming out for the forseeable future.
This discussion has been closed.