[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• 3* Venom please and thank you.

They seem to be done with the "Lazy" treatment. I would say the Spidie one might be Green Goblin.
  • 3* Venom please and thank you.
    Do we really need Lazy Venom? At least make it Carnage.
  • dragma wrote:
    3* Venom please and thank you.

They seem to be done with the "Lazy" treatment. I would say the Spidie one might be Green Goblin.

I think we may see non-lazy versions of existing characters, though. The "lazy" run they had last spring is thankfully over, it appears.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    dragma wrote:
    3* Venom please and thank you.

I think we may see non-lazy versions of existing characters, though. The "lazy" run they had last spring is thankfully over, it appears.
    Thankfully? The lazy characters are some of the greatest 3*. Thor was voted best 3* last 2 character ranking! Daken is one of the best 3* for sustained pushes and is amazing with strike tiles. Once captain america gets going , he never stops (kinda like juggernaut lol) and is arguably one of the best pve characters. I can't really make an argument for mostorm besides being decent in most things but no good at any one thing. 3/4 good characters is pretty good. I would not mind seeing another lazy version of certain heroes (although i would not want a lazy obw or ares as they are already annoying at the 2* level).
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't want a Lazy Venom (for one thing, the age of two-power characters is over), and if anything I'd prefer Flash Thompson, who would have a completely different power set -- no cannibalism and more guns, for starters.
  • I could get behind an Agent Venom.

Would not want to get in front of him.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Mattfal wrote:
    Thankfully? The lazy characters are some of the greatest 3*. Thor was voted best 3* last 2 character ranking! Daken is one of the best 3* for sustained pushes and is amazing with strike tiles. Once captain america gets going , he never stops (kinda like juggernaut lol) and is arguably one of the best pve characters. I can't really make an argument for mostorm besides being decent in most things but no good at any one thing. 3/4 good characters is pretty good. I would not mind seeing another lazy version of certain heroes (although i would not want a lazy obw or ares as they are already annoying at the 2* level).
    They might be good in terms of power level, but it wouldn't have made the game worse if, say, they didn't exist and every character released since then were two cycles ahead.

If 3* Thor and 3* Daken were scheduled to be made now instead of then, they'd probably be a little different (and more interesting) than their 2* counterparts.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    I would skip on another Venom...it would be much cooler to introduce a star.pngstar.pngstar.png Carnage instead! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    I want a Carnage as well, but I want him to be one of the first 4* Villains. We don't have any yet and Carnage just straight up murders people...so...yeah.

But 3* Venom I'm all for, would like to see a little bit different things for his abilities for sure though.
  • If they did a 3* venom it would have to be Agent Venom (Flash Thomas). That would make him very different from his 1* counter part.
  • Agent venom is one of my top characters. Primarily because i'm a villain fan and venom was one of the first "villians" I was introduced to as a child. And it sucks that the only venom option is 1*
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    I'm still really hoping for *** Venom (and Bullseye classic) someday. The original first Venom story arc was among the first Marvel comics I ever read (when I actually started buying them sequentially), and despite all the owners of the symbiote since then, Venom to me will always be Eddie Brock. I'd love for a sleek black MacFarlane-style Venom (Classic) to be added to MPQ someday -- although with how much Marvel's been pushing the new Agent Venom lately, I would be disappointed but not at all surprised if Demiurge went that route at Marvel's request.

a **** Carnage is a fantastic idea!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    dragma wrote:
    I could get behind an Agent Venom.

Would not want to get in front of him.

*chortle*
  • i think a 4* miles morales spiderman would be cool.

web shooters: 5 yellowtile.png
    miles shoots webbing at his enemy and kicks them while they're down. does 2000 damage and creates 1 web tile.

i fought the hulk before: 10 greentile.png
    miles summons all of his strength doing 3000 damage and an extra 1000 per web tile.

concussive webbing (passive) redtile.png
    if there is one or more web tile on the board, a random enemy will be stunned for 1 turn at the beginning of each turn.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    There's no 4* villains yet, and they won't start with Carnage. Because symbiotes are lame. And it's not going to be Ben Reilly or Kaine/Scarlett Spider either. Because clones are also lame.

Miles Morales makes sense since he might end up being the MCU version of Spider-Man. But I don't see him as a 4*, and MPQ hasn't had a character variant in the same class yet. But both Spider-Man characters are so unplayable I would love for a new one that, I don't know, actually causes damage to an opponent.

Spider-Woman would be cool, but unlikely. Spider-Gwen, slightly more likely, as is Silk, who has a new book coming out. If it's a villain it would have to be either Iron Patriot/Green Goblin. Because minus doc ock the rest of the sinister six are pretty one-note.

Maybe they'll bring back uncle Ben as the Phoenix, then have a resurrected Wolverine kill him by impaling him with Jean Grey's corpse.

Miles does turn invisible, though...
  • Elektro might work with the charged tile concept.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    i think a 4* miles morales spiderman would be cool.

web shooters: 5 yellowtile.png
    miles shoots webbing at his enemy and kicks them while they're down. does 2000 damage and creates 1 web tile.

i fought the hulk before: 10 greentile.png
    miles summons all of his strength doing 3000 damage and an extra 1000 per web tile.

concussive webbing (passive) redtile.png
    if there is one or more web tile on the board, a random enemy will be stunned for 1 turn at the beginning of each turn.

I really hope they'll get rid of web tiles. All the different charged/web/bubbled/strike/attack/shield/trap/countdowns are annoying the more they bring of them and they make it harder to watch the board. Also, there's plenty of nice abilities that are not conditional on other abilities. I like the conditional shield tile from Luke Cage for example. Spidey could have a Spider Sense token 1x per turn that lets him dodge the first shot at him completely.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I don't want a Lazy Venom (for one thing, the age of two-power characters is over)[...].

Just because 1* Venom only has 2 powers doesn't mean they can't create a lazy version of him.

If memory serves Baby Daken was originally a 2* character. The Chemical Reaction power was first introduced with Lazy Daken and then it got a slight rework before they went back and added it to 2* Daken. If they were to drop a Lazy Venom he could still be introduced with 3 complete powers (and a watered down version of the 3rd power would be added to 1* Venom at a later date).
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I hate to turn you all down, but It wont be spiderman / any symbiote. Not yet... icon_e_smile.gif
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    Well, I hate to turn you all down, but It wont be spiderman / any symbiote. Not yet... icon_e_smile.gif
    For a Spidey villian I think if they based their choice on something like Top 3, then it should be Norman Osborn's Green Goblin. We already have Doc, we already have Venom (plus no symbiote). Those three are probably pretty solidly the top for most, I should think.

Just outside of those where you're dealing with the likes of Kraven, Mysterio, Sandman, etc. I would probably go Kingpin, because you could also tie him in to the Daredevil series coming out in the next couple months.
This discussion has been closed.