[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• No, that right there is not true. Not in comic book land. There is an entire trope page devoted to it. Death is Cheap. While you MAY be dead until you aren't, you can assume dead characters aren't gone for good. Unless you are Uncle Ben. Which means there's dead, and then there's dead dead.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    bcas76 wrote:
    Could the "comic book death" people kindly start a different thread? It's not relevant to the topic (the game universe isn't the same as 616 or Ultimate, which has been started by the developers numerous times) and the points you're arguing aren't mutually exclusive (the dead are indeed dead while dead, and they can also suddenly not be dead when their books/movies/toys sell well enough).

I'm gunna go ahead and officially echo this. A little off-topic-ness is all fine and good, but let's not derail the topic completely (and I really don't want to lock the thread for something stupid). If you guys want I can split the debate off into it's own thread, I do believe.
  • bcas76 wrote:
    Could the "comic book death" people kindly start a different thread? It's not relevant to the topic (the game universe isn't the same as 616 or Ultimate, which has been started by the developers numerous times) and the points you're arguing aren't mutually exclusive (the dead are indeed dead while dead, and they can also suddenly not be dead when their books/movies/toys sell well enough).

I'm gunna go ahead and officially echo this. A little off-topic-ness is all fine and good, but let's not derail the topic completely (and I really don't want to lock the thread for something stupid). If you guys want I can split the debate off into it's own thread, I do believe.

Splitting would probably make the most sense - it would preserve the discussion to date and pare out the off-topic stuff in this thread.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    TazFTW wrote:
    Iceman is there. He is behind Cyclops optic blast.

Ugh, duh. I have no idea what I thought the giant ice slide that crosses the entire picture was. But in the picture he's kind of invisible...
  • Arondite wrote:

There's no variance of death. If you're dead, you're dead. Wolverine, at the end of "Death of Wolverine", he is poured-over with molten adamantium without the protection of his healing factor. With a healing factor, this fate might as well be death. Without it? He's dead. He has no pulse. His heart has stopped. He can't possibly be breathing.

If apocalypse resurrects him tomorrow, he was still dead up until then. Uncle Ben is not more dead than Wolverine just because he won't be coming back from it due to some as-of-yet-undecided plot device. The fact that there are Dragon Balls in the Dragon Ball universe don't make dead people any less dead until the moment they are actually used to revive them.

You're dead or you're not dead.

mostly-dead-princess-bride.jpg
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just a note on DDQuest: there are three rotations I can see.
    If stockpiled post event tokens odds dont get updated now (?), they may or may not update on the +3th rotation.
  • Care to elaborate on this viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24256?
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    SirPhobos wrote:
    Care to elaborate on this viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24256?
    He's been added to the Prodigal Sun token art if you have it.
  • xKOBALTx wrote:
    SirPhobos wrote:
    Care to elaborate on this viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24256?
    He's been added to the Prodigal Sun token art if you have it.

I do NOT have the self control to hoard tokens.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    So, since it's technically in the token art, mind enlightening the rest of us? Even if only via PM icon_e_smile.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    san-mpq wrote:
    So, since it's technically in the token art, mind enlightening the rest of us? Even if only via PM icon_e_smile.gif

Or even just behind a spoiler tag. Would be much appreciated.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    san-mpq wrote:

Yeah...I want in on that as well... icon_e_biggrin.gif

If it is somehow in the game, please someone spill the beans for us... icon_eek.gif

I truly enjoyed the guessing game & being strung along by Turul's hints for the last little while...but I think that it is now time for the climactic reveal on that character at least... icon_e_wink.gif
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Fine, fine. It'll be out there shortly anyway and has been guessed in Ice's thread and days ago in this thread:
    Iron Fist
    nKUFGOe.jpg
  • turul
    edited February 2015
    Ragnarok hurls his hammer into the skies, controlling it with his mind and charging it full of ambient electricity. He catches it and is filled with a surge of power. Converts ??? random Green tiles into Charged tiles and gives Ragnarok a burst of ??? health.

Ragnarok slams his hammer down, releasing a blast wave of power and carving a chunk out of the battlefield. Deals ??? damage to the enemy team, deals ??? damage to his team, and destroys a random column of tiles. Does not generate AP.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Ragnarok hurls his hammer into the skies, controlling it with his mind and charging it full of ambient electricity. He catches it and is filled with a surge of power. Converts ??? random Green tile into a Charged tile and gives Ragnarok a burst of ??? health.

Ragnarok slams his hammer down, releasing a blast wave of power and carving a chunk out of the battlefield. Deals ??? damage to the enemy team, deals ??? damage to his team, and destroys a random column of tiles. Does not generate AP.

Really? This is the most exciting news I've seen in ages. I love my ragman. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    turul wrote:
    Ragnarok hurls his hammer into the skies, controlling it with his mind and charging it full of ambient electricity. He catches it and is filled with a surge of power. Converts ??? random Green tile into a Charged tile and gives Ragnarok a burst of ??? health.

I really hope this is part of his buff for real. I've been leveling him for when he's buffed.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    And those who sold him off in ragequit anger must be regretting now
  • turul
    Probably IW gets a rework too, since soon there will be another invisibility-capable character...
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    turul wrote:
    Ragnarok hurls his hammer into the skies, controlling it with his mind and charging it full of ambient electricity. He catches it and is filled with a surge of power. Converts ??? random Green tiles into Charged tiles and gives Ragnarok a burst of ??? health.

Thunderclap as same or new skill ? icon_e_smile.gif
  • turul
    SolidQ wrote:
    turul wrote:

Thunderclap as same or new skill ? icon_e_smile.gif

Looks like it will be the same (but may be finetuned by AP cost / DMG / tiles converted )
This discussion has been closed.