[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Square wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Phoenix dies every five years. Nobody in Marvel is "really" dead except Uncle Ben.
    When people talk about Phoenix, I think they generally are talking about Jean Grey, and I think that one's going to stay dead. A new Phoenix? Maybe. But the original coming back would be way too much of a retread after the Morrison run. It would have to be a new Bucky Barnes style resurrection, practically a new character.

She'll be back as soon as a writer with some pull wants to use her. Once they brought Norman Osbourne back - who was the deadest dead character that had ever died - followed by Bucky - who was also dead as dead could be - there was no chance anyone would ever stay dead again.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2015
    L8Hh7kS.jpg?1

ZTUMHwF.jpg?1
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    L8Hh7kS.jpg?1

Clearly the Spidey related character has got to be none other than J Jonah Jameson...
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where are people getting that there's someone who's name starts with "A"? He said "Character A" and "Character B". That's a list, people.
  • Electro and Angel? I hope it's not angel. Angel is so lame.
  • Arondite
    Square wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Wolverine, steve rodgers

icon_rolleyes.gif
    Actually dead, not comic book dead. And Rogers is still alive.
    Wolverine
    Is really dead, dead. Now, when they collapse the universes, they may revive him then. But the story was pretty cut and dry.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Arondite wrote:
    Square wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Wolverine, steve rodgers

icon_rolleyes.gif
    Wolverine
    Is really dead, dead. Now, when they collapse the universes, they may revive him then. But the story was pretty cut and dry.
    Hah no. Dude has 5 movies. He'll be back.

Osborne had no healing factor and he was stapled to the wall with a fire hydrant sized metal tube, and he's around. They just gave him a healing factor. We've seen Wolverine come back from having everything but his bones disintegrated, and he's more popular than GG by orders of magnitude.
  • Arondite
    ark123 wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Square wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Wolverine, steve rodgers

icon_rolleyes.gif
    Wolverine
    Hah no. Dude has 5 movies. He'll be back.

Osborne had no healing factor and he was stapled to the wall with a fire hydrant sized metal tube, and he's around. They just gave him a healing factor and removed him. We've seen Wolverine come back from having everything but his bones disintegrated, and he's more popular than GG by orders of magnitude.

Just because he will be returning doesn't mean he isn't dead.

He's dead. Dead as a doornail. Dead. KIA. Killed.

They will bring him back (most likely when the universes get smushed), but a return to life later on doesn't mean he isn't dead now.

If you're making the argument that he's not dead because they'll invent some plot device to bring him back, then neither is phoenix.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    L8Hh7kS.jpg?1

ZTUMHwF.jpg?1
    Hints are individual now!

- female shapeshifter
    - letter I
    - can be "invisible"
    - spiderman related
    - a "sharpshooter"

Combining hints.
  • I just might lose my tinykitty if Iceman is next. Even more so if it's Nightcrawler too.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Arondite wrote:

They will bring him back (most likely when the universes get smushed), but a return to life later on doesn't mean he isn't dead now.

If you're making the argument that he's not dead because they'll invent some plot device to bring him back, then neither is phoenix.
    The way people are using "dead, dead" in this thread means death like uncle ben, karen page and Mar-Vell. Hell, Jean Grey has been dead for over ten years now. That's "dead, dead" enough for me.
  • TazFTW
    To finish the Jim Lee X-Men #1 cover. They need someone from the Gambit/Psylocke/Rogue/Colossus and Cyclops/Wolverine/Iceman covers. So...

I character = Iceman

I could see Rogue fitting in to both the "female shapeshifter" and "can be "invisible"" clues. But for now I'll have her as "female shapeshifter"
    a7v1j.jpg

"Can be invisible" = Professor X. I think he's the formerly all passives, now 2 passives and an active/passive guy.

spider-man related = Rhino. If that Spider-Man/Simpson-fied picture is for this clue, then I just think of Rhino as an uber-Juggernaut release.

a "sharpshooter" - A previous guess was Sabretooth because I was making a connection with "sharp" and "Sabretooth" but since it is in reference to an ability it doesn't really work although he is a trained marksman. Moon Knight? He throws those sharp crescent moon things.
  • TazFTW wrote:
    I could see Rogue fitting in to both the "female shapeshifter" and "can be "invisible"" clues. But for now I'll have her as "female shapeshifter"
    a7v1j.jpg

"Can be invisible" = Professor X. I think he's the formerly all passives, now 2 passives and an active/passive guy.

a "sharpshooter" - A previous guess was Sabretooth because I was making a connection with "sharp" and "Sabretooth" but since it is in reference to an ability it doesn't really work although he is a trained marksman. Moon Knight? He throws those sharp crescent moon things.

Are you Mr Fantastic? Because I've never seen someone stretch definitions quite like this.
  • TazFTW
    ark123 wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:
    a7v1j.jpg

Are you Mr Fantastic? Because I've never seen someone stretch definitions quite like this.

Considering turul mentioned that anything in quotes was not to be taken literally then yes stretching is a must.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Square wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Wolverine, steve rodgers

icon_rolleyes.gif

Phoenix dies every five years. Nobody in Marvel is "really" dead except Uncle Ben.

I love how every seems to perpetuate this concept that Jean Grey dies all the time. She's been actually attempted to be killed off twice, technically only once since the first was actually the Phoenix Force impersonating her, and The second time she has stayed dead for ten years.
  • Ghost79 wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Square wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Wolverine, steve rodgers

icon_rolleyes.gif

I love how every seems to perpetuate this concept that Jean Grey dies all the time. She's been actually attempted to be killed off twice, technically only once since the first was actually the Phoenix Force impersonating her, and The second time she has stayed dead for ten years.
    http://www.alternatecover.com/features/ ... grey-died/
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somebody guessed Winter Soldier for the sharpshooter, and I think that's pretty likely.

As for the X-Men cover, I think that's either Iceman (if letter I), Jean Grey or Prof X (the only ones in that cover at 4* level, although they did classify Iceman as an omega-level mutant at some point as well)

So many options for the Spidey character. I think my top 3 most wanted would probably be J Jonah Jameson, Mysterio and Kingpin.
  • turul
    of course not all 5 characters are hinted by the pictures.
  • Arondite
    ark123 wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

The way people are using "dead, dead" in this thread means death like uncle ben, karen page and Mar-Vell. Hell, Jean Grey has been dead for over ten years now. That's "dead, dead" enough for me.

There's no variance of death. If you're dead, you're dead. Wolverine, at the end of "Death of Wolverine", he is poured-over with molten adamantium without the protection of his healing factor. With a healing factor, this fate might as well be death. Without it? He's dead. He has no pulse. His heart has stopped. He can't possibly be breathing.

If apocalypse resurrects him tomorrow, he was still dead up until then. Uncle Ben is not more dead than Wolverine just because he won't be coming back from it due to some as-of-yet-undecided plot device. The fact that there are Dragon Balls in the Dragon Ball universe don't make dead people any less dead until the moment they are actually used to revive them.

You're dead or you're not dead.
  • turul
    So lets reveal letter I, the 4* icon_e_smile.gif
    IRON SQUIRREL GIRL
    Vme41aB.png?1
    only kidding :)
This discussion has been closed.