[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought about Kraven, but it just doesn't sit well with the other characters. He'd be really random unless the next PvE was Spider-Man oriented. I thought about Kingpin too, and how that could tie-in with Hood and Spider-Man, but that's pretty unlikely too.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    - Female shapeshifter
    I think Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan fits that description best. Emma Frost is possible too, although I think it's a bit of a stretch to call characters like her and Colossus full-blown shapeshifters.

- Letter 'I'
    My guess would be either Iron Fist or Iceman. Don't think this is supposed to be the 'all passives' character in that case, though.

- can be 'invisible'
    Argh, too many characters in the Marvel Universe who have some form of invisibility. I'm gonna go with Ghost, simply because I always thought he was one of Iron Man's cooler villains. If this is the 4*, maybe Prof X? He can make himself 'invisible' by messing with minds.

- Spider-Man related
    Another nigh endless list. Miles Morales or Spider-Gwen, maybe?

- Sharpshooter
    3* Hawkeye to coincide with Age of Ultron? On that note, Ultron himself would be a cool addition to the game as well.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    - Roland Deschain*
    *This is based off pure fandom and I know he'll never be in this game. However, Marvel did publish comics based off The Dark Tower series, so a man can dream.

I see [what] you [did there]. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Love that series.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    - Roland Deschain*
    *This is based off pure fandom and I know he'll never be in this game. However, Marvel did publish comics based off The Dark Tower series, so a man can dream.

Love that series.

And Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came

That is one of the greatest series ever written. Wizard and Glass (Book 4) literally broke my heart.

*edited for clarity
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:

That is one of the greatest series ever written. Wizard and Glass (Book 4) literally broke my heart.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally

Arondite, you have forgotten the face of your father. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally

Arondite, you have forgotten the face of your father. icon_mrgreen.gif

I don't know why you feel like I didn't mean exactly what I said.

The literal heart in my literal body was broken as a result of that book.
  • ronin-san wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Hints are individual now!

- female shapeshifter
    - letter I
    - can be "invisible"
    - spiderman related
    - a "sharpshooter"

If it is indeed five separate characters (I don't know if I can trust you anymore after this trickery! icon_lol.gif) my guesses are;

Female Shapeshifter: This could be a ton of people really. Mystique (2* or 4* variant for Dark Reign storyline - seems like a stretch though), Magik (3* for tons of story lines), Emma Frost (3* or 4* for a lot of story lines, including Dark Reign), Kamala Khan (3* Miss Marvel, her own storyline - seems like a stretch too), or Morgan le Fay (2* for the Dark Reign storyline).

Letter "I": The list is literally; Iron Patriot, Iceman, Iron Man, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, In-Betweener, and Ilyana Rasputin a.k.a. Magik.

Can be "Invisible": I have three guesses here; Phoenix Force (because the entity itself was simple energy that couldn't be "seen" it just had manifestations), Invisible Woman rework (because duh) or Vision (because he could use holograms to make himself invisible). Magik's teleporting? Seems like a stretch.

Spider-Man Related: This could also be Kamala Khan, but this is a stretch and a half for sure. We could be seeing a new, slimmer Venom for the end of Dark Reign. We could get a simply random, but awesome Carnage. Green Goblin seems to be the obvious one here - maybe even 3* Norman Osborn (Green Goblin) and 4* Norman Osbourne (Iron Patriot)?

"Sharpshooter": Not a huge amount of gunslingers in the Marvel canon I can think of and only a hand full more archers. I can think of; Trickshot (would fit the Dark Reign bill), Bullseye (3* variant? Rework?), Hawkeye (3* variant?), Domino (unlikely but I'd like it lol), Cable (unlikely), and Deadpool (but a variant is unlikely).

Kraven is Spider-man related, could use a rifle or poisons ala torch's green, as well as traps or knife attacks. He is a no-brained, to me.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Sergei_Kravinoff_(Earth-616)

https://benjaminherman.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/kraven3.jpg
    Yeah Professor X can use a sniper rifle too. Doesn't mean he's a sharpshooter.

Both of Hawkeye's versions are in the game. Unless they decide to include him as Ronin, which would be extremely confusing.

Greatest Hits Bullseye is a possibility http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070407152558/marveldatabase/images/f/f3/Bullseye_Greatest_Hits_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg, but I really don't see why they would botherfocusing so much on this character. He's never been exactly a star.

To me that just leaves Taskmaster, who I wouldn't precisely call a sharpshooter, Domino, who nobody knows outside of hardcore marvel nerds and - and this really is a long shot - Longshot.

Letter I has to be Iron Fist, since we've been begging for him to be in the game for the longest time.

Shapeshifter could either mean a true shapeshifter, like someone like mystique, or anyone who can change shapes, in which case it could be a thousand characters.

Invisible is the IW rework. You can stretch this to include magic, teleportation or psyonics, but it's a huge stretch.

Spider-man related is the one that has me curious, though. Could we really be getting Green Goblin? Carnage? Mysterio? Iron Patriot fits with the rest of the Dark Reign story nicely though.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I meant to say Taskmaster too, which like you said, isn't really a "sharpshooter", but I'd be okay with him coming along.

After some thinking on it, Bishop came to mind, but I feel like that's a bigger stretch than Domino. icon_lol.gif
  • Arondite wrote:
    - Roland Deschain*

Love that series.

And Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came

*edited for clarity

9/10 Because King decided to Lady in the Water the last books, but yeah, it's a crazy good series. I've read every King book and I have most of them sitting on a few shelves a couple feet from me.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    ark123 wrote:
    Hints are individual now!

Kraven is Spider-man related, could use a rifle or poisons ala torch's green, as well as traps or knife attacks. He is a no-brained, to me.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Sergei_Kravinoff_(Earth-616)

https://benjaminherman.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/kraven3.jpg
    Yeah Professor X can use a sniper rifle too. Doesn't mean he's a sharpshooter.

Both of Hawkeye's versions are in the game. Unless they decide to include him as Ronin, which would be extremely confusing.

Greatest Hits Bullseye is a possibility http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070407152558/marveldatabase/images/f/f3/Bullseye_Greatest_Hits_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg, but I really don't see why they would botherfocusing so much on this character. He's never been exactly a star.

Spider-man related is the one that has me curious, though. Could we really be getting Green Goblin? Carnage? Mysterio? Iron Patriot fits with the rest of the Dark Reign story nicely though.

Prof X. Stop trolling. Who said anything about a sniper rifle?

I do agree with you that a revamped Bullseye is the most likely fit. I just thought, of the Spider-Man books, Kraven's the shooter." he *can* be a sharpshooter. He can also use traps, spears, knives, camouflage.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guesses for the sharpshooter:

Bucky Barnes aka Winter Soldier
    "Barnes is a highly trained soldier, an expert fighter and a talented marksman. In battle, he uses canonical firearms, and most of all as a sniper, Bucky is an expert on sniping. As The Winter Soldier, Bucky is highly skilled in all forms of hand-to-hand combat. He is skilled with all types of firearms and bombs, and is a master knife fighter and expert marksman. His entire left arm has been rebuilt by HYDRA, making it cybernetic, which has granted him enhanced strength."

Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones
    "Expert Marksman: Rumlow is a very accurate marksman and skilled in sharpshooting."

Both sources from Marvel Movies Wikia.
  • kensterr wrote:
    My guesses for the sharpshooter:

Bucky Barnes aka Winter Soldier
    "Barnes is a highly trained soldier, an expert fighter and a talented marksman. In battle, he uses canonical firearms, and most of all as a sniper, Bucky is an expert on sniping. As The Winter Soldier, Bucky is highly skilled in all forms of hand-to-hand combat. He is skilled with all types of firearms and bombs, and is a master knife fighter and expert marksman. His entire left arm has been rebuilt by HYDRA, making it cybernetic, which has granted him enhanced strength."

Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones
    "Expert Marksman: Rumlow is a very accurate marksman and skilled in sharpshooting."

Both sources from Marvel Movies Wikia.

I would not complain about winter soldier at all.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    The 4* is none other than Stan Lee icon_e_surprised.gif . At his age he's not as mobile as the rest of the MPQ cast hence the three passive abilities.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let me put in my guess too..

Female shapeshifter - no idea based on my limited knowledge about marvel.

I - this ought to be Iron Patriot!

Invisible - Kitty Pyrde, the girl who can phase through objects?

Sharpshooter - I'm going on a tangent here, but I am guessing Gambit. He *is* the most voted character
    .. And if bullseye can be considered as a sharpshooter, then gambit would be a sharpshooter too.

From marvel wiki
    Gambit is bilingual in English and French, and also possesses the ability to throw small objects - including knives, throwing spikes, and playing cards - with extraordinary accuracy. He is also a skilled duelist and fencer.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I'd love to see Longshot as sharpshooter, but I'm afraid it is less than possible icon_e_sad.gif

My guesses:
    - Emma Frost
    - Iron Fist
    - Professor X
    - Green Goblin
    - Gambit
  • ark123 wrote:

Not that I'd expect it, but Hawkeye was Goliath for a while, too. Might be before your time.

And Bullseye was a big deal in the early 80s, when Frank Miller was doing Daredevil, but again, might be before your time.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Not that I'd expect it, but Hawkeye was Goliath for a while, too. Might be before your time.

And Bullseye was a big deal in the early 80s, when Frank Miller was doing Daredevil, but again, might be before your time.
    Including any character who used pym particles before including Hank Pym would be a pretty strange move.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Depending on how you read the clues, all five could be mutants. Emma Frost, Ilyana, Nightcrawler/Prof. X, Iceman (Spider-Man and Friends)...but the sharpshooter is almost certainly Gambit.

But an all-mutant release schedule doesn't track with MPQ and Marvel's marketing synergy with the MCU and new comic series (Luke Cage, Squirrel Girl). Also, turul lists five characters. Where we are in the release cycle, we have one more three-star before another four-star, then two more characters before the next four-star. That gets us to the end of April, so they'll likely want at least one Avengers promo character. Regardless, two of the characters will be four-star.

MPQ already has two Ms. Captain Marvels, and Squirrel Girl fills the not-sexist quota, so a scantily clad Emma Frost is next.

There's no story or promotional reason for Iceman, and they would be insane to release a different version of Invisible Woman before fixing the one that already sucks. Iron Fist has a Netflix series coming out and a comic series that may have recently been cancelled but maybe not, so the I is he.

I hope the invisible character isn't Nightcrawler, and everyone assumes Professor X is coming soon, but the Scott Lang variant of Ant-Man makes a lot more sense. But it's probably Professor X.

Who isn't Spider-Man related? I think there was even a Spider-Man/Spawn crossover. But a four-star Iron Patriot wraps up the played out Dark Reign story not a moment too soon.

Then Gambit. Because it's obviously Gambit.
  • - Roland Deschain*

Love that series.

Roland Deschain (The Gunslinger)

redflag.png I Aim With My Eye

blueflag.png I Shoot With My Mind

yellowflag.png I Kill With My Heart
  • ark123 wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Including any character who used pym particles before including Hank Pym would be a pretty strange move.

Like I said, I don't expect it.

But there are a few other Hawkeye approaches they could take, like Hawkeye (Thunderbolts), or his long-sleeved look, or something along those lines. I'm not speculating on this character release; just saying that I think a 3* Hawkeye of some sort is going to show up eventually (as well as 3* Venom, Juggernaut, Bullseye, and probably Moonstone and Ares).
This discussion has been closed.