[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Heck, the Marvel Wiki counts Baymax as a shapeshifter. Been half expecting to see him soon since Big Hero 6 comes out on Blu-Ray next week.
  • Female - Phoenix
    I - Iron Patriot
    Shapeshifter - Antman
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    There are a ton of shapeshifters depending upon how defined it is. Straight up metamorphs like Mystique would greatly reduce the field. I think that's what most people think of when they hear "shapeshifter." Technically though, it's a pretty broad category that can include anybody that can fundamentally alter their body in many different ways.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    turul wrote:
    I give you some very little help:
    1 female
    1 has a name starting with "I"
    1 shapeshifter

What kind of shapeshifting are we talking about here? Are we talking full-on like a Mystique or Morph? Or are we talking more subtle shifting like Colossus and Emma?

Good question........ icon_e_wink.gif
  • turul wrote:
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    turul wrote:
    I give you some very little help:
    1 female
    1 has a name starting with "I"
    1 shapeshifter

What kind of shapeshifting are we talking about here? Are we talking full-on like a Mystique or Morph? Or are we talking more subtle shifting like Colossus and Emma?

Good question........ icon_e_wink.gif

Judging from that response I'm going "subtle and changing my answer to Ant-Man since the movie is coming out later this year.
  • Artean
    Artean Posts: 31
    Emma Frost 4* or Jean/Phoenix, Iceman, Antman
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Hmm, yeah changing guesses to

3* Emma Frost
    4* Prof. X
    3* Iron Fist
    3* Ant-Man
  • Are we able to add a poll for each new released character and reset/change it when they come out? I think it would be an interesting and fun way for people to guess the characters.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    TazFTW wrote:
    Female - 4*, all passives, Emma Frost or Jean Grey
    "I", Strike Tiles - Iron Fist, I'm sure of it.
    Shapeshifter - Gonna go with either Baymax (due to the upcoming release of his DVD) or Ant-Man (to hype the upcoming movie)
  • I'd love to get Jean Grey in the game. Side note, my cat's name is Jean Grey. She's grey. This story was fascinating for everyone, I'm sure.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I was having an awful time thinking of people that could shapeshift, I did some Wikiaing, and here's what I got as 'viable' options.

Possibilities;
    Doctor Strange
    Emma Frost
    Vision
    Loki

Long shots/Not Really Likely;
    En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse
    Kamala Khan/Miss Marvel
    Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic
    Kl'rt/Super Skrull
    Morgan le Fay
    Mephisto
    Blackheart
    Ghost Rider
    Symbiotes [Venom, Carnage, Toxin, etc]
    The Hood
  • Evidence that not only is my cat grey, but she's also THOROUGHLY underwhelmed by that story from two posts ago:
    IMG_0007_zps60ac09fb.jpg
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse

oh yes, please!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif (would have to be a 4-star)

I would love to see the new Ms. Marvel / Kamala Khan in MPQ someday too.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Shapeshifter is clearly Doop.
  • GothicKratos
    Does Phoenix Force count as a "shapeshifter". If yes, then the all-passive 4* could be Phoenix Force or Jean Grey/"Dark Phoenix".

Thinking about it, Scarlett Witch could be the 4*/all-passive character.

I think Iron Fist for Strike Tile guy/"I" guy is quite plausible.

Now I'm just thinking about turul hinting that there's new story content - and we're about due for a new PvE - and how all this could tie together.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Since I was having an awful time thinking of people that could shapeshift, I did some Wikiaing, and here's what I got as 'viable' options.

Possibilities;
    Doctor Strange
    Emma Frost
    Vision
    Loki
    Of those I would probably leave Strange for closer to his own movie next year and skip Loki with his recent and popular upgrade. Vision coming up in Avengers is a pretty strong possibility, though. I still like Emma somewhere in there (obviously).
  • I for Iron Man (Hulkbuster) at 4*? I mean, the 4* is supposed to have passives so almost certainly not.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does Phoenix Force count as a "shapeshifter". If yes, then the all-passive 4* could be Phoenix Force or Jean Grey/"Dark Phoenix".

Thinking about it, Scarlett Witch could be the 4*/all-passive character.

I think Iron Fist for Strike Tile guy/"I" guy is quite plausible.

Now I'm just thinking about turul hinting that there's new story content - and we're about due for a new PvE - and how all this could tie together.

Iron Fist ended up as a big player in Avengers vs. X-Men. Cyclops is the big final boss there. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • GothicKratos
    Phoenix Force/Jean Gray/"Dark Phoenix" as the 4*/all passive character, Emma Frost as the female shapeshifter, and Magik as the "I" name/plays well with strike tiles character could mean like a Phoenix Five storyline, which would be AWESOME.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards

Possibilities;
    Doctor Strange
    Emma Frost
    Vision
    Loki

Long shots/Not Really Likely;
    En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse
    Kamala Khan/Miss Marvel
    Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic
    Kl'rt/Super Skrull
    Morgan le Fay
    Mephisto
    Blackheart
    Ghost Rider
    Symbiotes [Venom, Carnage, Toxin, etc]
    The Hood

I don't consider any of those long shots, they're all by definition shape-shifters.
This discussion has been closed.