[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• turul, you've really amped up the anticipation for this reveal. Nice work.

I also like that we don't know who the new character is 2 weeks ahead of time. With icon_cyclops.png, we had way too much time to theorize his "best build" and synergy with others before his official reveal.

With all that being said, it'd be cool if you dropped who the new character was sometime soon, maybe this weekend? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • turul, you've really amped up the anticipation for this reveal. Nice work.

I also like that we don't know who the new character is 2 weeks ahead of time. With icon_cyclops.png, we had way too much time to theorize his "best build" and synergy with others before his official reveal.

With all that being said, it'd be cool if you dropped who the new character was sometime soon, maybe this weekend? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Or now icon_e_wink.gif
    Actually I'd be happy with another hint on this one. I think he has everyone stumped...
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    The more I think about it....the more I am sold on a 4* Magneto and a 3* Juggernaut.
  • The more I think about it....the more I am sold on a 4* Magneto and a 3* Juggernaut.

That makes some sense, but honestly they don't have a lot of other iconic costumes to use. Juggs had a black outfit when he was on the X-Men and I don't think anyone wants to see this version of mags:

magneto-bigcostume5.jpg
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul, you've really amped up the anticipation for this reveal. Nice work.

I agree whole heartedly! This thread really make me feel excited and start theorizing on the possible characters. icon_e_smile.gif

To Icex and other D3 employer, don't shut down this thread! I know you guys feel that turul may leak out things, but as long as things are firmed up, it's ok if the stuff are hinted slightly earlier.... icon_e_smile.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or perhaps this?

g8kRxbk.png
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    93986-64459-magneto.jpg
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    I would prefer if either a new topic was made for every character or if the original post on this topic was updated. It's weird to see this topic have more and more posts yet see the same old thing in the main post.
  • dider152 wrote:
    I would prefer if either a new topic was made for every character or if the original post on this topic was updated. It's weird to see this topic have more and more posts yet see the same old thing in the main post.

The title gets updated with the new post number any time there is an update.

Also this is one of the best post on the forums right now. Any time there is an update I get excited and I can't wait to see the news.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Costume changes aside, I'd be more interested about what else another iteration of Magneto or Juggernaut could bring in terms of abilities.

Juggs is pretty easy, I think, and that would be an ability which has the feel of being an "unstoppable force". My take on Colossus (long before he was released) is somewhere in the "post movesets" character wishlist thread. In it, I used Colossus from AvX as the host for an Unstoppable Force since he wore the Bands of Cytorrak at the time. In short, it was a passive ability which let the character generate AP whenver they became stunned - so that they were "unstoppable". Even if a 3* Juggernaut was to get such an ability, there's not really much else the character does. I guess that he'd take some of the load off Fat Thor, but I think I'd prefer a 3* variant of Venom if that's what we're going for.

Magneto is a little harder to pin down, since his magnetic manipulation can be used both offensively and defensively. Countdowns on the 2* variant are meant to represent his diminished powers at the time. The original 3* was overpowered and very aggressive; the current iteration is a lot more subdued, although still has quite strong offensive capabilities (which do seem to get overlooked). I like to think of this as "relatable" Magneto - he does bad things, but it might be for the right reason, so he's not totally evil, right? So perhaps an "Original" variant that evokes the Magneto who wants nothing less than the eradication of humans so that mutants can take their rightful place as the rulers of Earth. The game has simplified past the point that a character would be given a power which affects only mutants or only non-mutants, but maybe there's something that could emulate this kind of behaviour.

I think I'd like a Magneto that had Black and/or Purple powers, to create a bit of "team" synergy with Mystique. Actually, give him a Black and a Green and then he'd be the first character to use all colours across each of his variants, that would be kind of cool.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Emma
    Prof. X
    Namor
    jA2E6eg.jpg

because MODOK
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    (marvel interview)
    Scott’s a great case of having a lot of story potential within him too, what with him being a paragon of virtue before and being a paragon of a different sort nowadays.

I truely wonder if this means new story content?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    Some news:

All-passives is now 2-passives. However 3rd active power could be defined as an active-passive.
    Currently, it has an awesome skillset, expected to be both fun and powerful to play with!

Also, 2 new characters! icon_e_smile.gif

After the character drops, would you please expand on the play-testing - what led to the 2 passives vs 3?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    atomzed wrote:
    turul, you've really amped up the anticipation for this reveal. Nice work.

I agree whole heartedly! This thread really make me feel excited and start theorizing on the possible characters. icon_e_smile.gif

To Icex and other D3 employer, don't shut down this thread! I know you guys feel that turul may leak out things, but as long as things are firmed up, it's ok if the stuff are hinted slightly earlier.... icon_e_smile.gif

I think he's keeping us on the edge of our seats, and that means the company continues to make money while they develop new chars and storylines. It might not be ideal from a press release standpoint, but we don't care.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    ronin-san wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Some news:

All-passives is now 2-passives. However 3rd active power could be defined as an active-passive.
    Currently, it has an awesome skillset, expected to be both fun and powerful to play with!

After the character drops, would you please expand on the play-testing - what led to the 2 passives vs 3?

Unfortunately I'm not a play tester, I just have "precognition" icon_e_smile.gif

However, all "original" passive abilities got a (positive) revamp, including the one which turned active-passive.
  • turul wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Some news:

Unfortunately I'm not a play tester, I just have "precognition" icon_e_smile.gif

However, all "original" passive abilities got a (positive) revamp, including the one which turned active-passive.
    sapcar? icon_e_wink.gif
  • A little off topic: where i live there is a big turul bird statue in the hills. It was probably built by mpq fans who likes your teasers lol.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    I am really curious to see what this mostly passive character is, as i enjoy passives quite a bit to round out a team.
  • Maybe instead of 4* Magneto, it could be 4* Onslaught?
  • Fievel wrote:
    Maybe instead of 4* Magneto, it could be 4* Onslaught?

I mean that would be a seriously obscure character to put in the game, but after SG, who knows
This discussion has been closed.