[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• ark123 wrote:
    Strike tiles represent bleeding, don't they? Drax is more of a punchy kicky guy.
    Apparently at some point they started Drax on a knife thing, like in the movie. So yeah, strike tiles. Drax. Probably a thing which is happening. Yay? Sure. Yay!
  • Wouldn't attack tiles represent bleeding?
  • Howzat
    Howzat Posts: 31
    turul wrote:
    Lets have some hints about the next 3*

- generates strike tiles
    - converts tiles to a certain color
    - 1 passive ideal for strike tiled playing

3* version of OBW espionage?
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    The hint of the passive makes me think Espionage at the 3* level. I'm not aware of any spy types beside Widow. (Lazy Yelena icon_e_surprised.gif ) [edit]^What Howzat said

So even though I don't think they'll release 3 X-Men in a row (I still think the 4* is Professor X), my guess is Emma Frost. The color change could be Diamond Form (change Emma owned tiles into Team Ups). The other two would involve her telepathy powers. Like her version of Psychic Knife.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2015
    "Underwater" spoiler
    You made it to level 2, the Underwater Level! You should see my sketches, it's got sharks and crazy jellyfish and... What? What do you mean this isn't that kind of game? Well then what kind of game is it?! Okay, I've gotta go sort this out, just hold tight and fight these dorks for now.

Final node spolier
    Hardcore Super Epic Survival
    This is it! The main event! The big enchilada! A super hardcore survival mission for all the marbles. And look at that! Guaranteed 3-Star cover!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haha! Yes, that underwater spoiler is great.

Whoever is writing at MPQ only knows how to write one character, but thankfully it's Deadpool. (Actually, Ares has been pretty spot on so far too.)
  • I completely agree - when the new Deadpool story came out, I actually chuckled out loud several times at his dialog. icon_lol.gif
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    It would have been neat if the underwater stage brought back enviro tiles, but oh well.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Howzat wrote:
    turul wrote:

- generates strike tiles

Lots of strike tiles like Wolverine/Daken... maybe Sabertooth? We do need more villains...
  • turul
    Howzat wrote:
    turul wrote:

- generates strike tiles

It does show similarity to an existing passive, but not OBW's !
  • turul wrote:
    Howzat wrote:
    turul wrote:
    - generates strike tiles
    Falcon's yellow? Strike tiles' best friend.
  • turul wrote:
    Howzat wrote:
    turul wrote:

- generates strike tiles

The only passives that I see would be anger or raging tempest. Not sure who would fit raging tempest, but maybe red hulk or abomination for anger?
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Energy Absorption? Take damage and power up your strike tiles.
  • turul wrote:
    Howzat wrote:
    turul wrote:

- generates strike tiles

Turul is a clever little man/woman/boy/girl/thing. "Ideal for strike tiled playing" just means that people who like to play with strike tiles will like this ability. It could boost tiles like falcon, it could only trigger when there are X strike tiles already on the board (like falcon again), it could do AoE damage like Storm/Hulk, it could trigger when you match strike tiles (like Doc Oc), or it could just plain generate strike tiles like Daken/Blade. Heck, it could even be an analog to Luke Cage's passive. He's giving us just enough info to start the wild speculation!
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    My gut is telling me it's one (or more) of these three things;

Beefed up Inspiration.
    Beefed up Pheromone Rage.
    Beefed up Adamantium Bones.

======

And, just some theorycraft of my own, based on some things people have mentioned, if those are all three of the abilities, it could actually be Sabertooth. Something like "Animal Instincts" to create Strike Tiles for every /x/ action (for example whenever he matches tiles- ala Espionage, or whenever you make a 4-match or better), second could be like "I Can Taste Your Fear" that amplifies Strike Tiles via his animalistic rage and/or adrenaline rush of the hunt, and finally something along the lines of "The Whites of Their Eyes" that creates Protect Tiles by hindering the enemies offensive through striking fear int heir hearts.

That being said, I think the most likely suspect for an all passive character is Professor X, or some other Psychic powered character - but realistically, he fits that support role the best out of everyone (and I only assume he's a support with all passives because there's been no real offensive passives so far). That being said, if it were offensive passives (or passives with active abilities built-in) Jean Grey, Emma Frost, or Phoenix Force are possible contenders.
  • trey9
    trey9 Posts: 102
    I think there's a good possibility that one of the passives produce attack tiles. Works well with strike tiles? Yeah. Similar to an existing passive? Yes (Doc Ock). Seems like a strong possibility to me.
  • turul
    Keep in mind that the powers listed above are for the upcoming 3*, not the "all passive ".
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    - generates strike tiles

I'm actually more interested in the first two abilities than the passive.

The first is an activated ability which generates strikes. Based on past results, if it's an ability which doesn't deal damage, it will create yellow strike tiles and probably be a yellow ability (Battleplan, Sacrifice, Bad Reputation). If it deals damage, then it could be either Red (Psylocke) or Green (Patch, AXM Wolvie, Punisher). Passives seem to generate Red strike tiles (Blade, Daken) and seem to be linked to Green one way or another. If there is a colour pie, then this is probably a Green ability which creates Red Strike tiles.

Tile conversion is the one that really got me interested. This is a game mechanic which doesn't seem to be tied to any particular colour or pattern. Doom uses Blue to turn Blue into Black, GSBW uses Purple to convert any colour to Green, Mystique uses Blue, MNMags uses Purple, Ragnarok uses Red, Thor uses Red and Yellow, and our most recent addition, Cyclops uses Yellow. The wording suggests that the conversion is an effect of the ability (like Doom), rather than letting us select which tiles to convert. It also sounds as though the ability converts any basic colour tile, so this could be a damage dealing ability like Thor or Rags.

The passive ability is certainly a lot less clear cut than it first seems, since there's a few ways in which players can make good use for strike tile play. Double dipping on damage is probably close to the ideal way to take advantage of strike tiles, so I do think that an upscaled Espionage type ability fits nicely.

Drax generally fights with two blades, which can be represented by a passive similar to Espionage, which deals extra damage whenever Drax makes a match. Colour change could be a way to represent Drax's rage. He funnels his temper a little differently to someone like Hulk, so an activated rage which converts off-colours into something he can use would be fitting.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    these skills sound more like a support character to me, while drax is more of a tanky attacker. but i like most of the older characters better (drax with an axe, cyclops with a visor an no condom suit...) makes me feel old to see what they do with the newer versions. anyways...still working on getting them cyclops covers.
  • turul
    turul wrote:

- generates strike tiles

Both active skills are not as simple as described above, these are only their main characteristics.
This discussion has been closed.