[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shadowcat. Right?
  • I have trouble thinking of a character with 3 passives that isn't completely useless of incredibly overpowered.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    I have trouble thinking of a character with 3 passives that isn't completely useless of incredibly overpowered.

It would depend on what they were and what they did. Like if Pof. X had a passive that would stun the enemy for one turn when they matched yellow, then 2 covers would stun when they matched yellow and red, 3 covers gives 2 turn stun, 4 covers gives 2 turn stun any time enemy matches red, yellow, blue. 5 covers gives a 3 turn stun.

A power like that would be awesome. Add in 2 more super passives like that and Prof X would be a one man team.
  • Looks like we're getting Tron-Suit Cyclops so he's likely redtile.pngblacktile.png but I hope his third color is not yellowtile.png .

Maybe the 4* is Emma Frost to round out some Uncanny X-Men for an event.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    An all passive Jean Grey/Phoenix?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully this is the final state, and hopefully next week icon_e_smile.gif

HEY! YOU! Marvel Puzzle Quest player! Welcome to Deadpools Daily Quest, brought to you by me, Deadpool!
    This is the place to win Iso-8,
    a different 3-Star Cover every day, and delicious, delicious Tacos! Who doesn't love tacos?!
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    ...a different 3-Star Cover every day...

Say, who the, what the?!?!?

Please let this be what it appears to mean... (just think, if you add the word "chance" in there, it becomes a Heroic token. Also please make sure the scaling is reasonable; k, thanks).
  • turul
    Looks like we get the "two-steps-backwards" early for the Daily PVE - a competitive gauntlet with bad reward structure.
  • turul wrote:
    Looks like we get the "two-steps-backwards" early for the Daily PVE - a competitive gauntlet with bad reward structure.

No, we get the same exact gauntlet but some people are getting a ten pack of moonstones on top of it.

You're not entitled to every reward in the game.
  • turul
    ark123 wrote:
    turul wrote:

No, we get the same exact gauntlet but some people are getting a ten pack of moonstones on top of it.

I agree, it is more rewards than usual, however the reward structure is a bad decision. A few more event tokens given away at lower ranks wouldnt hurt...
  • turul wrote:
    HEY! YOU! Marvel Puzzle Quest player! Welcome to Deadpools Daily Quest, brought to you by me, Deadpool!
    a different 3-Star Cover every day, and delicious, delicious Tacos! Who doesn't love tacos?!
    If this does end up becoming a thing, part of me wonders if this is how they plan on addressing the vaulting situation by only awarding characters who are currently vaulted.
  • turul wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    turul wrote:

I agree, it is more rewards than usual, however the reward structure is a bad decision. A few more event tokens given away at lower ranks wouldnt hurt...
    Why would it be a bad decision to give a little more for people who want to play it like a time attack, and the exact same reward structure everyone praised for previous Gauntlets? If anything, this rewards people with low scaling, which means those 10 packs are likely going to people who don't have 270s. This is excellent in my book.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:

I pray these will be attainable by transitioning players. Otherwise, it's just ISO for the top level peeps again. *fingers crossed*
  • turul wrote:
    and delicious, delicious Tacos! Who doesn't love tacos?!

love me some tacos
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    If this does end up becoming a thing, part of me wonders if this is how they plan on addressing the vaulting situation by only awarding characters who are currently vaulted.

I'm betting that the Daily PvE is the "new juice" they talked about in the video - that may make vaulting undesirable.
  • turul wrote:

A 3 star a day keeps the complaining away (for about a week when there is something else to complain about lol)!
  • turul wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    turul wrote:

Even top 10 get 10 pack, everyone else event token would have been better than top 10 get 10 pack everyone else gets sad token of sadness.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Lerysh wrote:
    turul wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    turul wrote:

Even top 10 get 10 pack, everyone else event token would have been better than top 10 get 10 pack everyone else gets sad token of sadness.

I don't mind the standard token reward since I'm playing very casally and will only place in the high 1000's but can you imagine the pain of being #11 in one of these brackets?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

I'm betting that the Daily PvE is the "new juice" they talked about in the video - that may make vaulting undesirable.

but if you can win vaulted characters but not require them to play then it's a win all around.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    turul wrote:

but if you can win vaulted characters but not require them to play then it's a win all around.

So I really hope this is a thing! Needless to say, I'm excited about it and can't wait, whenever it may happen!! I'm all about new content and new modes. I wish they'd wrap up the Dark Reign storyline, but hey, I'll take a icon_deadpool.png Daily!!!
This discussion has been closed.