• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Lets have some hints about the next 3*

- generates strike tiles
    - converts tiles to a certain color
    - 1 passive ideal for strike tiled playing

Both active skills are not as simple as described above, these are only their main characteristics.

If that's the case, it almost sounds like Daken.

Pheromone Rage generates strike tiles, albeit passively (even when the enemy matches tiles), Chemical Reaction converts Blue tiles into Green,
    Healing & Heat gives true healing hence it's ideal for playing period icon_e_biggrin.gif strike tiled or not. OK, this last one is a bit of a stretch...
  • It's obviously 3* Bullseye. Finally, not a lazy version of its 2* counterpart.
  • Northstar. Gotta be.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some news:

All-passives is now 2-passives. However 3rd active power could be defined as an active-passive.
    Currently, it has an awesome skillset, expected to be both fun and powerful to play with!

Also, 2 new characters! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Great info thank you Turul!! any other juicy tidbits of awesome secret Intel!?
  • Turul, new chars are xmen or avengers? Any idea?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

Wait, 2 new characters means what? One character that is two like Grocket? Two that will be introduced at the same time somehow? Or more characters in the code so it goes:

Strike tile 3*
    Passives one (4*?)
    New one A
    New one B

?
  • Sounds like maybe Cloak & Dagger, or perhaps Cable & Domino.
  • turul
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    turul wrote:

Wait, 2 new characters means what? One character that is two like Grocket? Two that will be introduced at the same time somehow? Or more characters in the code so it goes:

Strike tile 3*
    Passives one (4*?)
    New one A
    New one B

?

Strike tile 3*
    Passives one (4*?)
    New one A
    New one B

(since 4 upcoming heroes, the appearance order can be different)

revealing affiliations - maybe later!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    turul, you are such a tease. icon_e_biggrin.gif I love the positive, energetic speculation/theorycrafting that this ongoing thread has created. Per capita, this may be the most good-vibes thread in the entire forum. icon_e_wink.gif
  • turul, you are such a tease. icon_e_biggrin.gif I love the positive, energetic speculation/theorycrafting that this ongoing thread has created. Per capita, this may be the most good-vibes thread in the entire forum. icon_e_wink.gif

Needs more negativity!

Strike tile 3* is overrated. Terrible character, I'd rather play Beast. BOO D3 YOU SUCK!
    Passives one (4*?) is OP. JUST ANOTHER CALLOUS TINYKITTY MONEY GRAB, YOU JERKFACES!
    New one A is literally the worst character in the Marvel Universe. Why do you never listen to fans? I quit.
    New one B is actually pretty cool. Ok, I'm back.

/sarcasm
  • turul
    SirPhobos wrote:
    turul, you are such a tease. icon_e_biggrin.gif I love the positive, energetic speculation/theorycrafting that this ongoing thread has created. Per capita, this may be the most good-vibes thread in the entire forum. icon_e_wink.gif

Needs more negativity!

Strike tile 3* is overrated. Terrible character, I'd rather play Beast. BOO D3 YOU SUCK!
    Passives one (4*?) is OP. JUST ANOTHER CALLOUS TINYKITTY MONEY GRAB, YOU JERKFACES!
    New one A is literally the worst character in the Marvel Universe. Why do you never listen to fans? I quit.
    New one B is actually pretty cool. Ok, I'm back.

/sarcasm

lol, I wouldn't be suprised icon_e_smile.gif

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2408 ... st_cyclops << Ridicolous amount of hints icon_e_smile.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Now I'm leaning toward Professor X.
  • Yep. Prof X looks to be the 4*. Still curious on the other 3.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

This only solidifies my opinion that Professor X is the 4*. However, after re-reading it, the only people otherwise directly referenced to in a meaningful manner in their replies are; Professor X, Juggernaut, and Magneto.

A 4* Magneto with 2 Passives and an Active-Passive sounds about right too, especially if indicative to his leadership roles. Something to do with his magnetism powers would probably be his active-passive. Or maybe something like Avengers Assemble, but he assembles the Brotherhood? That'd be kinda cool, but almost none of them are represented in MPQ, so I doubt that.

Juggernaut doesn't feel like passive ability kinda guy to me. Maybe one that was like "Momentum" or "Can't Stop the Juggernaut!", but ehhh, so I doubt he's the 4*, but I could easily see him as the 3* "that plays well with Strike Tiles", perhaps with an ability that uses his sheer force to strengthen Strike Tiles? Or perhaps using his brute force to destroy Defense Tiles? Thinking about it though, he could totally have a passive that triggers or ramps up on taking damage (or based on percentiles of health). I feel like he's not a 4* candidate, since he doesn't have a 3* version yet, I think this would be weird (I wouldn't complain about a Captain Universe or Kuurth Juggernaut though lol).

There's also that comment of "This 3* (rare) version of Cyclops", that's been bugging me for awhile. Could the 4* be Cyclops? I doubt this, though I don't doubt we'll see a 2* variant soon.
  • turul
    or is he? icon_e_smile.gif
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    They reference the Phoenix Force/Phoenix Five storyline, which even if they aren't using it could be a hint at upcoming characters. From the five Emma Frost, Namor and Magik are characters that aren't already in the game. Emma has been a pretty strong candidate for this game for quite some time.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, the Peter, Emma, Namor, Ilyana, Scott team. Good times.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Would be awesome to see the rest of the P5... especially an iconic character such as Namor.

Most likely they'd work on characters in the upcoming films though. I assume Scarlet Witch and (bleh) Quicksilver would be easy additions that fit with Marvel's marketing, along with Vision and Ant-Man.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Namor would be awesome.
This discussion has been closed.