[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Phoenix Force/Jean Gray/"Dark Phoenix" as the 4*/all passive character, Emma Frost as the female shapeshifter, and Magik as the "I" name/plays well with strike tiles character could mean like a Phoenix Five storyline, which would be AWESOME.

Omg yes! Colossus is already in it too. Shut up and take my money!
  • For the 3* star with strike tiles ability ill guess X-23.
    The all-passive with letter "I" Ill guess iron patriot.
    And for the shapeshifters could be a skrull.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Predicting AvX, eh?

Five-man final wave featuring the P5, with waves of X-Men before... yeah, that sounds pretty good.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    Long shots/Not Really Likely;
    En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse
    Kamala Khan/Miss Marvel
    Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic
    Kl'rt/Super Skrull
    Morgan le Fay
    Mephisto
    Blackheart
    Ghost Rider
    Symbiotes [Venom, Carnage, Toxin, etc]
    The Hood

I don't consider any of those long shots, they're all by definition shape-shifters.

I meant long shots moreso in the sense that I don't feel they are likely the new character. The first four are the only ones, in my opinion, with any real chance of getting anywhere soon. Mephisto/Blackheart are seriously doubtful at this point, without Ghost Rider around, but that would be a cool trio to be dropped at some point. Morgan le Fay is a pretty minute character to begin with.
  • I would LOVE to see Blackbolt in MPQ. All of his attacks and animations are various changes in volume, from whisper, to conversational, to yelling.
  • GothicKratos
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Phoenix Force/Jean Gray/"Dark Phoenix" as the 4*/all passive character, Emma Frost as the female shapeshifter, and Magik as the "I" name/plays well with strike tiles character could mean like a Phoenix Five storyline, which would be AWESOME.

Really thinking about it, it could be the end of Dark Reign too? Iron Fist could be the "I" name/strike tile guy. Emma the female shapeshifter. 4* all passive could be Iron Patriot.

Too. Much. Thinking. O_______O
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    So i was too misleading (intentionally), female + shapeshifter is a single character icon_e_smile.gif

Should i compile a list of hint for 1-1 character to guess?
  • turul wrote:
    So i was too misleading (intentionally), female + shapeshifter is a single character icon_e_smile.gif

Does this female shapeshifter also start with an "I"?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

Sure sounds like Emma Frost. And yes, please, to a 1-1 hint list.
  • GothicKratos
    turul wrote:

That pretty much makes me think the female/shapeshifter is absolutely Emma Frost (with Phoenix Force a close second).

Extrapolating from that, the list of "I" names are as follows;

Iron Patriot, Iceman, Iron Man, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, In-Betweener, and Ilyana Rasputin a.k.a. Magik.

If we assume the "I" name is the 4* it could be an Invisible Woman rework or Iron Patriot.
  • turul wrote:

That pretty much makes me think the female/shapeshifter is absolutely Emma Frost (with Phoenix Force a close second).

Iron Patriot, Iceman, Iron Man, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, In-Betweener, and Ilyana Rasputin a.k.a. Magik.

If we assume the "I" name is the 4* it could be an Invisible Woman rework or Iron Patriot.

If it's a female shapeshifter who starts with "I" I'm going Magik
  • GothicKratos
    ecir2002 wrote:

You know, that's a good point. I forgot she can polymorph herself and other things with her magic. If we assume that Magik is the "I" name/shapeshifter, then that opens up everything else a lot.

I like the idea of Magik being the "plays well with Strike Tiles" person, though, because of her swordsmanship. REALISTICALLY Magik could be all the all-passive, if it wasn't a 4* (and maybe even?).
  • ecir2002 wrote:

You know, that's a good point. I forgot she can polymorph herself and other things with her magic. If we assume that Magik is the "I" name/shapeshifter, then that opens up everything else a lot.

I like the idea of Magik being the "plays well with Strike Tiles" person, though, because of her swordsmanship. REALISTICALLY Magik could be all the all-passive, if it wasn't a 4* (and maybe even?).

Agreed that she could be the 4* passive, but I don't think she should be a 4* personally. However, I think she fits perfectly as the strike tile and tile changing along with the mystery passive that works with stike tiles.
  • Trisul
    turul wrote:

Mystique!

Oh, wait. Dammit.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2015
    I'm surprised nobody has suggested Kamala Khan for Shapeshifter (And now female + Shapeshifter).
    EDIT: Sorry, I missed GothicKratos!

She is incredibly popular and being pushed, and is a great character. Only issue is that she is the current "Ms. Marvel" which might cause some confusion in players because the Carol Ms. Marvel is in the game.
  • Marvel shapeshifters off the top of my head include Chameleon (some versions), Super-Skrull, Hulkling, and Snowbird.

What about people like Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) or Mr. Fantastic?
  • Trisul
    I really do hope it's Kamala Khan. Great series so far.

Plus, added benefit is that they'd probably fix up the weird Carol Danvers naming for her 2 personas in-game.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Phoenix Force/Jean Gray/"Dark Phoenix" as the 4*/all passive character, Emma Frost as the female shapeshifter, and Magik as the "I" name/plays well with strike tiles character could mean like a Phoenix Five storyline, which would be AWESOME.

Really thinking about it, it could be the end of Dark Reign too? Iron Fist could be the "I" name/strike tile guy. Emma the female shapeshifter. 4* all passive could be Iron Patriot.

Too. Much. Thinking. O_______O

It definitely feels like they've been prepping for AvX for a while; at least, it does for me. It's certainly a sensible option, as it creates a few events where we don't have to fight the same 5 Dark Avengers again. Although the devs have also implied that they do still want to finish the Dark Reign story, so maybe we'll get an "intro to AvX" then end of Dark Reign, then on to more AvX stuff.

Most of the power players have already been mentioned in this thread already; both Emma Frost and Iron Fist are high on that list, so I'd expect them to arrive before those events are run rather than after.

Turning to AvX, there are a few other issues that need to be considered.

1. Namor.
    This guys is in licensing hell. I don't remember the details, but it's essentially stopping him from turning up in non-comic book media. I would love to see him in MPQ, he's got a diverse set of powers and could easily be scaled to either a 3* or 4* level character.

2. Illyana/Majik.
    After Emma and Namor, she's the last of the Phoenix 5. There's nothing preventing her from being in the game, just that she's a core component, unless you're going to change the story slightly... which leads us to:

3. AvX spoilers.
    This has kind of been touched on my demiurge, but it's still a pretty major plot point.
    Professor X.
    He needs to be included for an AvX storyline so that he can be killed. It's not something I can really see translating to MPQ. Release Xavier, then 4-8 weeks later run a PvE where the character is killed off?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hints are individual now!

- female shapeshifter
    - letter I
    - can be "invisible"
    - spiderman related
    - a "sharpshooter"
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    5 characters now?

Kitty Pryde (duh)