• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    turul wrote:
    So lets reveal letter I, the 4* icon_e_smile.gif
    IRON SQUIRREL GIRL
    Vme41aB.png?1
    only kidding :)

You're having too much fun, turul.
    Although, a 1* or 2* Tippy-Toe would be pretty funny.
  • Ludaa wrote:
    turul wrote:
    So lets reveal letter I, the 4* icon_e_smile.gif
    IRON SQUIRREL GIRL
    Vme41aB.png?1
    only kidding :)

You're having too much fun, turul.
    Although, a 1* or 2* Tippy-Toe would be pretty funny.

1* MonkeyJoe, 2* Tippy-Toe.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    ark123 wrote:
    Ghost79 wrote:

I love how every seems to perpetuate this concept that Jean Grey dies all the time. She's been actually attempted to be killed off twice, technically only once since the first was actually the Phoenix Force impersonating her, and The second time she has stayed dead for ten years.
    http://www.alternatecover.com/features/ ... grey-died/
    That is a terribly conceived list. She's 'died' twice, and the first of those deaths was retconned. I'm with Ark on this.

Anyway, I consider her dead in comics, and Wolverine only 'dead' since nobody thinks he won't be back shortly, the 616 version of him. The X-books are way better off with the All New Jean Grey, and the school as the Jean Grey School.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok, it took me a bit to find it, then a bit get a picture that was not covered in my shadow.... but here is my 'can be "invisible" ' theory:....
    W7tSDYr.png?1

Uncanny X-Men, #103
  • Square wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Ghost79 wrote:

I love how every seems to perpetuate this concept that Jean Grey dies all the time. She's been actually attempted to be killed off twice, technically only once since the first was actually the Phoenix Force impersonating her, and The second time she has stayed dead for ten years.
    http://www.alternatecover.com/features/ ... grey-died/
    That is a terribly conceived list. She's 'died' twice, and the first of those deaths was retconned. I'm with Ark on this.

Anyway, I consider her dead in comics, and Wolverine only 'dead' since nobody thinks he won't be back shortly, the 616 version of him. The X-books are way better off with the All New Jean Grey, and the school as the Jean Grey School.

Yeah it is, I'm just saying it's understandable that the "Jean dies all the time" thing caught on. They did kill her a lot of times.
  • With this PVE ending soon can we finally get the next character since he/she should be in the next event? Please???
  • Square
    Ok, it took me a bit to find it, then a bit get a picture that was not covered in my shadow.... but here is my 'can be "invisible" ' theory:...

Uncanny X-Men, #103
    That is part of continuity, but that power is about as well known as the leprechauns (!) that appear with him in Banshee's castle(!) (it was the 70s, things were a little crazy).

I would think Professor X is closer to being invisible. But it would be really funny if D3 were basing abilities on everything ever printed icon_e_smile.gif Next character? Erik the Red! As the Cyclops or Magneto 4*, of course.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Square wrote:
    Ok, it took me a bit to find it, then a bit get a picture that was not covered in my shadow.... but here is my 'can be "invisible" ' theory:...

Uncanny X-Men, #103
    That is part of continuity, but that power is about as well known as the leprechauns (!) that appear with him in Banshee's castle(!) (it was the 70s, things were a little crazy).

I would think Professor X is closer to being invisible. But it would be really funny if D3 were basing abilities on everything ever printed icon_e_smile.gif Next character? Erik the Red! As the Cyclops or Magneto 4*, of course.

Erik isn't well known? Lol.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Could the sharpshooter be archangel? He shot those blades off of his wings and he is in the xmen picture. If they were going to add Angel, this seems like the best suited form of him for this game.
  • Arondite wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

He's dead. Dead as a doornail. Dead. KIA. Killed.

They will bring him back (most likely when the universes get smushed), but a return to life later on doesn't mean he isn't dead now.

If you're making the argument that he's not dead because they'll invent some plot device to bring him back, then neither is phoenix.
    The way people are using "dead, dead" in this thread means death like uncle ben, karen page and Mar-Vell. Hell, Jean Grey has been dead for over ten years now. That's "dead, dead" enough for me.

There's no variance of death. If you're dead, you're dead. Wolverine, at the end of "Death of Wolverine", he is poured-over with molten adamantium without the protection of his healing factor. With a healing factor, this fate might as well be death. Without it? He's dead. He has no pulse. His heart has stopped. He can't possibly be breathing.

If apocalypse resurrects him tomorrow, he was still dead up until then. Uncle Ben is not more dead than Wolverine just because he won't be coming back from it due to some as-of-yet-undecided plot device. The fact that there are Dragon Balls in the Dragon Ball universe don't make dead people any less dead until the moment they are actually used to revive them.

You're dead or you're not dead.

That's only accurate if you haven't been following comics for a lot of years.

Some characters are killed just to have them do something. Super Man, Spider Man, Batman, Optimus Prime, Martian Manhunter...actually lets just say all the JLA, DC loves that garbage. And yes, very much Wolverine. You can tell if they're going to come back by looking at how much money they make on comics and on movies - Jean Grey made very little, she stays dead. Wolverine has 5 movies and was, at one point, in 11 monthly comic series simultaneously. People argue about what superpower is best? The answer is obvious to anyone who's been reading long enough. Popularity.

So yes, there very much is a difference between "Jean Grey/Professor X dead" and "Wolverine/Super man/etc dead". One is about restructuring, the other about manufacturing conflict the cheapest way possible. Which is why the current popularity of the Death of Wolverine comics annoys me so much.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dead with a likelihood of return and dead with an unlikeliness to return are functionally same during the period of time when the individual is dead. There's no functional difference.

What are Uncle Ben and Wolverine each doing at this time?

Here's a hint: it's no difference between the two of them, or any other dead character for that matter.

If anything, Jean (of all those involved in the argument) is "least" dead, since some facet of her consciousness is most likely currently alive and kicking somewhere in the universe.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    ecir2002 wrote:
    With this PVE ending soon can we finally get the next character since he/she should be in the next event? Please???

I'm tellin' ya', Turul hasn't spoiled any names since D3 stated in their Q&A that the leaks could cause them severe backlash from Marvel. I don't think you'll get a name until we see it in game. I'm with you, the suspense is killing me, but at the same time, why bite the hand that feeds you? I think Turul has found a happy medium in which to leak spoilers without pissing off Marvel and getting D3 in trouble.
  • zonatahunt wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    With this PVE ending soon can we finally get the next character since he/she should be in the next event? Please???

I'm tellin' ya', Turul hasn't spoiled any names since D3 stated in their Q&A that the leaks could cause them severe backlash from Marvel. I don't think you'll get a name until we see it in game. I'm with you, the suspense is killing me, but at the same time, why bite the hand that feeds you? I think Turul has found a happy medium in which to leak spoilers without pissing off Marvel and getting D3 in trouble.

That's true. I thought he did show the cyck cover tho. Or am I wrong?
  • Square
    Arondite wrote:
    Erik isn't well known? Lol.
    About as well-known as Nightcrawler's invisibility.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    ecir2002 wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:

That's true. I thought he did show the cyck cover tho. Or am I wrong?

That was before the Q&A.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I'm wondering with all these characters, how many, if any, are villains?
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Could the "comic book death" people kindly start a different thread? It's not relevant to the topic (the game universe isn't the same as 616 or Ultimate, which has been started by the developers numerous times) and the points you're arguing aren't mutually exclusive (the dead are indeed dead while dead, and they can also suddenly not be dead when their books/movies/toys sell well enough).

Rogue would be a good all-passive character since her powers are limited to being emotionally fragile and speaking with an accent, shugah.

Speaking of accents, couldn't help but notice Gambit in turul's post. But also Xavier, Phoenix...yet no Iceman (admittedly I didn't look very hard), or Emma Frost.

I also cast a vote for tippy toes. There is a clue there, though, that hopefully will end the DR storyline so we can move on to something else.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    bcas76 wrote:
    Speaking of accents, couldn't help but notice Gambit in turul's post. But also Xavier, Phoenix...yet no Iceman (admittedly I didn't look very hard), or Emma Frost.

Iceman is there. He is behind Cyclops optic blast.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I'm pretty sure in one of the films and in the comics Professor X possesses the power to block people from seeing him. So i'll go for him
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Arondite wrote:
    Dead with a likelihood of return and dead with an unlikeliness to return are functionally same during the period of time when the individual is dead. There's no functional difference.

What are Uncle Ben and Wolverine each doing at this time?

Here's a hint: it's no difference between the two of them, or any other dead character for that matter.

If anything, Jean (of all those involved in the argument) is "least" dead, since some facet of her consciousness is most likely currently alive and kicking somewhere in the universe.

Sorry, homey. Uncle Ben doesn't have an extremely well documented and exploited healing factor, which spans movies, television series, comics, comic crossovers, graphic novels, fansubs, fanfictions, etc...

Uncle Ben simply has a coroner's report and an inspirational quote.
This discussion has been closed.