[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also HELL YEAH at that spoiler. I mean, maybe. Anybody else think the prize there might be a Legendary Token like turul posted about a few pages back, rather than a guaranteed 4*?

At first, I thought it was gonna be an extra node on the final day of the DDQ cycle, which made me think it was gonna be a 4* cover reward.
    But on my second read-through, sounds like it's gonna be a sixth node every day, which tempered my expectations quite a bit.
    As for the node rewards, It'd be great if it was a Legendary token. But I think it's weird that'd you'd get 2 Taco Tokens and a Legendary token from DDQ. Personally, I wouldn't mind another 5 attempts at the Taco Vault.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking there had to be some other motive for such a quick turnaround from the last Q&A to this one, maybe they had another announcement to make? Sure looks that way.
  • The downside is Disney/Marvel probably don't believe a Namor movie is such a potential blockbuster that it is worth the effort to work out these issues.

All it will take to change that thinking is a successful Aquaman movie.

So you're saying it's never going to happen?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    The downside is Disney/Marvel probably don't believe a Namor movie is such a potential blockbuster that it is worth the effort to work out these issues.

All it will take to change that thinking is a successful Aquaman movie.

So you're saying it's never going to happen?

With DC already working on Aquaman, it would probably end up being seen as a rip-off.. I think they can work a deal like they did with spidey and get him included in something though.. we can hope.
  • That 4* Spoiler: Each of the current 4* do actually have some form of rival in the 3* land, now that I think about it.

IW and THing: Doom (or for thing, they could always swerve and use Hulk)
    Kingpin: Daredevil
    Elektra: Bullseye
    Carnage: Spider-Man
    X-Force: Daken (That's the hint!)
    Thor: Loki
    Ant-Man: Doom again, (he did cause his daughter to die once)
    Nick Fury: ... and Im on the brickwall now.
    Jean Grey: Magneto
    Star Lord: Gamora, for the LOLs
    Professor X: Magneto
    Hulkbuster: Hulk
    D. Dino: He'll probably get skipped, as usual.

There's themes available for it at least.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    That 4* Spoiler: Each of the current 4* do actually have some form of rival in the 3* land, now that I think about it.

IW and THing: Doom (or for thing, they could always swerve and use Hulk)
    Kingpin: Daredevil
    Elektra: Bullseye
    Carnage: Spider-Man
    X-Force: Daken (That's the hint!)
    Thor: Loki
    Ant-Man: Doom again, (he did cause his daughter to die once)
    Nick Fury: ... and Im on the brickwall now.
    Jean Grey: Magneto
    Star Lord: Gamora, for the LOLs
    Professor X: Magneto
    Hulkbuster: Hulk
    D. Dino: He'll probably get skipped, as usual.

There's themes available for it at least.

Joy, now we need strategies for 1 cover 4*s beating Doom.... LOL, my only IW is a single blue.. that is going to be a rough match, bring team ups!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Joy, now we need strategies for 1 cover 4*s beating Doom.... LOL, my only IW is a single blue.. that is going to be a rough match, bring team ups!

Even like 3/3/3 4*'s, some of those would have a heck of a time beating many characters.

A ploy to get the 4*'s leveled so we see less of the "I'm under-leveling my 4*" threads?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    At least Carnage isn't going to be swiping at his own team in 1 v 1.
  • My guess if they do this is it would be your 1 cover level 70 1 star versus level 40 3 stars with 1-2 covers, and then they would scale up as you level up (and gain covers for) your own 4 star.
  • Buret0
    Haetron wrote:
    My guess if they do this is it would be your 1 cover level 70 1 star versus level 40 3 stars with 1-2 covers, and then they would scale up as you level up (and gain covers for) your own 4 star.

Yeah, if it is DDQ, the scaling shouldn't be out of control. My final node is currently 99-132 and my second last node is 60-64.

I don't think that the number of covers that you have is going to affect personal scaling in DDQ, afaik.
  • Buret0 wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    My guess if they do this is it would be your 1 cover level 70 1 star versus level 40 3 stars with 1-2 covers, and then they would scale up as you level up (and gain covers for) your own 4 star.

Yeah, if it is DDQ, the scaling shouldn't be out of control. My final node is currently 99-132 and my second last node is 60-64.

I don't think that the number of covers that you have is going to affect personal scaling in DDQ, afaik.
    ddq doesn't have scaling...or does it? has always been same for me at least
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    No scaling in Deadpool Daily. And I would think they would make 4 star harder to obtain than the three star, which comes in a 4 wave match.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Can't someone just upload the poster of all the Marvel characters and their specific licensing spheres, instead of us guessing and giving false info? lol.

I'd do it myself, but I dunno how to upload from my phone.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJ1jm89u0M

Very interesting. Most notable to to me is that apparently Sony only holds rights of Peter Parker Spidey and Eddie Brock's Venom. Marvel could totally go ahead and make a Miles Morales movie with Mac Gargan or some other Venom.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Can't someone just upload the poster of all the Marvel characters and their specific licensing spheres, instead of us guessing and giving false info? lol.

Very interesting. Most notable to to me is that apparently Sony only holds rights of Peter Parker Spidey and Eddie Brock's Venom. Marvel could totally go ahead and make a Miles Morales movie with Mac Gargan or some other Venom.

I don't think that's true. If the video says that, then I don't think it's right.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

I don't think that's true. If the video says that, then I don't think it's right.
    the video mainly says "WE DONT REALLY KNOW?????? icon_e_biggrin.gif" because those of us outside of marvel/sony/fox, do not know
  • Per this, Spidey is in Phase three of the MCU:

http://io9.com/heres-where-the-marvel-m ... 1719101027
    Spider-Man - Everyone’s favorite Web-slinger is finally coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Phase Three, as played by actor Tom Holland. This is a full reboot from the Andrew Garfield films, and he’ll appear with the rest of the gang before showing up in his own movie, so how the whole story gets handled is a mystery. But it’s extremely exciting nonetheless. First appearance: Captain America: Civil War.
  • They really just need to rename that movie "Marvel: Civil War" and be done with it.

Also, he was just cast, so he's likely going to be some throwaway cameo to build up buzz for both mcu and spidey cinema icon_e_sad.gif
  • Haetron wrote:
    They really just need to rename that movie "Marvel: Civil War" and be done with it.

Also, he was just cast, so he's likely going to be some throwaway cameo to build up buzz for both mcu and spidey cinema icon_e_sad.gif

Sure, was just pointing out that Marvel has Spidey in their MCU plans. Not sugesting that he'll be anything other than an end-credits Easter egg in Civil War.
  • Buret0
    SirPhobos wrote:
    Per this, Spidey is in Phase three of the MCU:

Spider-Man - Everyone’s favorite Web-slinger is finally coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Phase Three, as played by actor Tom Holland. This is a full reboot from the Andrew Garfield films, and he’ll appear with the rest of the gang before showing up in his own movie, so how the whole story gets handled is a mystery. But it’s extremely exciting nonetheless. First appearance: Captain America: Civil War.

My understanding of the agreement between Sony and Marvel was that Spiderman could appear in Civil War, but that Sony had some power over how his image would appear.

I believe the plan was to get Marvel to debut the new Spiderman in one of their movies and that Sony would then be able to use that Spiderman in their movies. It doesn't mean that Sony is going to be able to start throwing the Avengers into the next Spiderman movie, it just means that Sony realizes what a huge bump it will be for their next reboot to have their new Spiderman already debut in the MCU.

Now, I could be totally wrong about that, but that was my understanding of the agreement going back to when Marvel first announced that they had obtained Spiderman rights for Civil War.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:
    SirPhobos wrote:
    Per this, Spidey is in Phase three of the MCU:

My understanding of the agreement between Sony and Marvel was that Spiderman could appear in Civil War, but that Sony had some power over how his image would appear.

I believe the plan was to get Marvel to debut the new Spiderman in one of their movies and that Sony would then be able to use that Spiderman in their movies. It doesn't mean that Sony is going to be able to start throwing the Avengers into the next Spiderman movie, it just means that Sony realizes what a huge bump it will be for their next reboot to have their new Spiderman already debut in the MCU.

Now, I could be totally wrong about that, but that was my understanding of the agreement going back to when Marvel first announced that they had obtained Spiderman rights for Civil War.

They (Marvel and Sony) are co-producing. Marvel gets a level of creative control back, but Sony still has an economic interest in the films. You are correct that this is not a cross-licensing deal involving any other characters.

Sony's benefit is being able to leverage the (vastly superior) marketing and promotional side of Disney/Marvel without giving up the license. It's really a good deal for both sides. Sony is, to be blunt, inept as a studio; they make accidental hits. They're reducing the financial risk (because they're not on the hook for 100% of the cost), and avoiding things they're just not very good at (promotion).

Note that none of this really impacts MPQ; video game character licensing is a completely separate issue.
This discussion has been closed.