[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    My guess would be Jean as well. She'd be a really weird choice for the anti-PX, though.
    I feel the same way. Although, if you imagine them on the same team...

Ever since Turul mentioned "Token hoarding mode on" I've felt that Jean Grey has to be in development. I like X-Force Psylocke and all, but Jean Grey near the top of the most wanted list.

Well, it is the Jean Grey academy, not the Xavier academy.. so yah, she is the perfect counter.

Could you elaborate a little? Because on its own that rationale doesn't make much sense to me, to be honest.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    My guess would be Jean as well. She'd be a really weird choice for the anti-PX, though.
    I feel the same way. Although, if you imagine them on the same team...

Ever since Turul mentioned "Token hoarding mode on" I've felt that Jean Grey has to be in development. I like X-Force Psylocke and all, but Jean Grey near the top of the most wanted list.

Well, it is the Jean Grey academy, not the Xavier academy.. so yah, she is the perfect counter.

Could you elaborate a little? Because on its own that rationale doesn't make much sense to me, to be honest.

Ethics 101: Forgetting Everything You Ever Learned From Emma Frost, with Headmistress Pryde
    Telepathic Debate Squad, with Professor Grey

http://marvel.com/jeangreyschool

Was more to justify her as a 4* (even though wolvie is the one who named it).

But it played a big part in Apocalypse as well if i remember correctly, they all hid there to form the resistance. (may need to look that one up)
  • Der_Lex
    I think you misunderstand me. Nobody is saying Jean Grey shouldn't be a 4*, she more than deserves it (although I could see a 3* Marvel Girl version of her as well... but in full Phoenix mode? Definitely 4*).

I just think that if she's the character who has the 'anti-PX' ability (stun and team dmg when opposing team match-5's), she would be a really odd choice for it, since Prof X was actually the one who beat and contained Dark Phoenix telepathically during her original appearance, not the other way around. That and I think that's the only time they've ever been in direct conflict.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Malcrof wrote:
    Ethics 101: Forgetting Everything You Ever Learned From Emma Frost, with Headmistress Pryde
    Telepathic Debate Squad, with Professor Grey

http://marvel.com/jeangreyschool

Was more to justify her as a 4* (even though wolvie is the one who named it).

But it played a big part in Apocalypse as well if i remember correctly, they all hid there to form the resistance. (may need to look that one up)

And that is Marvel Girl, Rachel Grey, not Jean Grey like I would have assumed. She also teaches

Brain Spelunking: Exploring the Recesses of Your Own Mind, with Professor Rachel Grey
  • Malcrof
    Der_Lex wrote:
    I think you misunderstand me. Nobody is saying Jean Grey shouldn't be a 4*, she more than deserves it (although I could see a 3* Marvel Girl version of her as well... but in full Phoenix mode? Definitely 4*).

I just think that if she's the character who has the 'anti-PX' ability (stun and team dmg when opposing team match-5's), she would be a really odd choice for it, since Prof X was actually the one who beat and contained Dark Phoenix telepathically during her original appearance, not the other way around. That and I think that's the only time they've ever been in direct conflict.

Couldn't figure out what the issue was with my post.. then i realized i had quoted the wrong person... check the 2 posts directly above my initial one (directly below yours).. must have been reading yours as well.. next time, coffee then posting.

I was initially responding to you, but had changed my response to why she should be a 4*... as soon as she is released, i will use her to wipe your memory of my snafu, so ....forget about it!

lol. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    I literally just watched the first 3 xmen movies this weekend...

no more Jean Grey...

I like the idea of a 'fixed' Psylocke...just change her damb blue power to the anti-PX power...
    - Unreall

Now check the last two movies...
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    My humble opinions:

I'd really like to see them put out a 3* Jean Gray and a 4* Phoenix/Dark Phoenix, but I fear if they put them out in that order, people will rage quit because D3 won't mention a 4* version is coming and people will be up in arms that Jean isn't a 4*.

So why I don't think it's her? (At least I hope it isn't...) Four 4*s in a row is a bit extreme. I'd love to see a 3* or 2* added about now. I can see Emma being a 3*. I can also see Cable being a 3*... and while I think he's unlikely, he IS a telepath (and I've been wanting to see him in the game since I started playing 450+ days ago).

I too would like to see a reworked Psylocke, but again we'd be talking 4* territory and I'm really hoping we get a break from the 4* grind for a while.

Last: I'm starting to wonder if they're just adding all these characters to the coding (or whatever you want to call it) just to throw our speculations off so we'll be surprised. Aren't there like 7 characters already in the queue?
  • My humble opinions:

I'd really like to see them put out a 3* Jean Gray and a 4* Phoenix/Dark Phoenix, but I fear if they put them out in that order, people will rage quit because D3 won't mention a 4* version is coming and people will be up in arms that Jean isn't a 4*.

So why I don't think it's her? (At least I hope it isn't...) Four 4*s in a row is a bit extreme. I'd love to see a 3* or 2* added about now. I can see Emma being a 3*. I can also see Cable being a 3*... and while I think he's unlikely, he IS a telepath (and I've been wanting to see him in the game since I started playing 450+ days ago).

I too would like to see a reworked Psylocke, but again we'd be talking 4* territory and I'm really hoping we get a break from the 4* grind for a while.

Last: I'm starting to wonder if they're just adding all these characters to the coding (or whatever you want to call it) just to throw our speculations off so we'll be surprised. Aren't there like 7 characters already in the queue?
    code can change yes. often times ppl will put dummy code in or stuff that isn't meant to be accessed
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    I literally just watched the first 3 xmen movies this weekend...

no more Jean Grey...

I like the idea of a 'fixed' Psylocke...just change her damb blue power to the anti-PX power...
    - Unreall

Now check the last two movies...
    In que, Amazon had a sale for all the XMen movies + Wolverine movies for like $25 a week or so ago. Did the trilogy, FC is next followed by DoFP.

Still, while Famke was...likable in her role, the emphasis on her and wolverine's interest in her is WAY overblown. But at least they admitted eventually that XMen was just an excuse to showcase more wolverine with the tv show "Wolverine & The XMen".

I'm just nervous about the idea of her, she's so over the top, she SHOULD be a 5 star, especially if PX is a 4* and Mags doesn't even have a 4* (deserves one).

My guess though is she's the one that's coming. Emma Frost is coming eventually I'm almost willing to bet - especially that 'clear cell' power, but she - that I can think of hasn't been in any of turul's pictures, while JG has been in most of them if not all.

Been saving HP though so I should be OK for the slot...
    - Unreall
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    teef1 wrote:

Good, I had trouble holding back the info any more further... icon_e_smile.gif
  • teef1
    teef1 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Happy to help, turul. Your hard work is very much appreciated! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Still a weird choice flavor-wise for the anti-X, but it's a neat character design.
  • San Narciso
    So since Jean was in multiple hints given by Turul, which hint does this eliminate from the posters, etc?
  • turul
    So since Jean was in multiple hints given by Turul, which hint does this eliminate from the posters, etc?

The X-Men + Avengers one is eliminated.

Next one expected to come is
    uncanny-x-force-vs-the-age-of-apocalypse-20110301053950576-000.jpg
  • Malcrof
    turul wrote:

Rogue or Nightcrawler.

if we stick to the 4*, i am going to go with Rogue all the way. but Sabretooth has been missing for far too long.
  • turul
    Malcrof wrote:

if we stick to the 4*, i am going to go with Rogue all the way. but Sabretooth has been missing for far too long.

nowadays, any character can come out as a 4*, so... icon_e_smile.gif
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    edited July 2015
    Guess I can put my Iceman hopes away for a while icon_e_sad.gif
    Malcrof wrote:
    turul wrote:

Rogue or Nightcrawler.

I'd like Sabretooth, think he'd have some nifty powers in this game.

I'd like Nightcrawler too though. AOA Nightcrawler (Kurt Darkholme) in that picture is such a good nightcrawler, he teleported a great white shark to inside Blob's body and it eat him from the inside.

But I'm guessing the release would be normal Kurt Wagner?
  • Malcrof
    edited July 2015
    turul wrote:

Silver Samurai would be awesome as well, but i think Arkon deserves to be in the game before him.. anyone reading Secret wars knows his story arc is great.

As is Steve Rogers riding Devil Dino into battle!

http://www.newsarama.com/23506-steve-rogers-devil-dinosaur-hit-planet-hulk-in-secret-wars-tie-in.html

here is some of that awesomeness

https://40.media.tumblr.com/8a4640f623e8dd5cc755804dd6a55039/tumblr_nrsje1DB1S1sr7281o2_1280.jpg

and DD purring

https://41.media.tumblr.com/38d0a123e9abb9fc9fa56b15d1b23155/tumblr_nrsje1DB1S1sr7281o3_1280.jpg
  • San Narciso
    Sullstar wrote:
    Guess I can put my Iceman hopes away for a while icon_e_sad.gif
    Malcrof wrote:
    turul wrote:

Rogue or Nightcrawler.

I'd like Sabretooth, think he'd have some nifty powers in this game.

I'd like Nightcrawler too though. AOA Nightcrawler (Kurt Darkholme) in that picture is such a good nightcrawler, he teleported a great white shark to inside Blob's body and it eat him from the inside. But I'm guessing the release would be normal Kurt Wagner?

I agree Rogue or Nightcrawler (and that Sabretooth would be rad and is long overdue), but I think based on the recent polling, Nightcrawler is going to have come in high. And I'm not saying D3 is lazy, but knowing they're going to add a fan-favorite soon is a great time to take a poll so they'll look like they're being proactive and serving the players instead of advertising another movie. So bringing in Nightcrawler, while possibly already in the works, would now make it look like they are listening to the fans. Possibly part of their strategy. But maybe that's just negative me, over-analyzing me. I do have a conspiracy theorist side to me.

Still, enough with the 4*s... I'm tired of these weeklong grindfests. They're gonna burn out their players.
This discussion has been closed.