[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• this isn't a spoiler...but I don't have anywhere else to post this since the other thread got shut down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h7pHlAguQ4

my chest is swelling with pride y'all...
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Yeah, he was my pick for a variant in the character poll. Nice video.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Rob makes great videos. I watch his stuff all the time.
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I listed a whole bunch separated by commas. One I suggested under variants was to leave Falcon's character alone but change his outfit (Like they did with Quicksilver). His outfit looks so dumb!

If they do change it, they'd probably do the movie version or the new Cap version but I'd like to see them use the costume that's on his cover in the game. It looks decent enough. But the way he is now, those yellow accents and the silly mask just drive me nuts!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    TuTu, can you see ANY stats on the Legendary Tokens?

Like, if they are even geared towards 4*s and not just named that?

Legendary is probably the name of a name PVE, and these are just basic event tokens icon_lol.gif

We definitely need 3*-4* only tokens, time to replace heroics with these Legendary ones and throw the 2*'s with in the Standard tokens with increased odds.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

I checked, it's desription says "guaranteed 3-star character", with no "or better" or similar texts...
  • Dom22
    Dom22 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    turul wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

I checked, it's desription says "guaranteed 3-star character", with no "or better" or similar texts...

Any kind of ETA for this?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dom22 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Any kind of ETA for this?

We are going to need a HP sale when this happens
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I thought they already existed. Didn't we see guaranteed tokens as part of one of the buy-in events a few seasons ago?
  • AXP_isme wrote:
    I thought they already existed. Didn't we see guaranteed tokens as part of one of the buy-in events a few seasons ago?
    If I remember they were the reward for LR a long time ago...
    - Unreall
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:

A "guaranteed 3-star character" token would be a nice addition, sure, but as the 4* are named legendary characters It would seem weird to have legendary token without any chance at 4* in it! icon_e_geek.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Anybody want to edjumacate me on legendary tokens? Have they been in the game in the past? How have they been doled out? Will they blend?
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Thread is dying a slow death. Time for a hint recap:

Cyclops (2*) and Spider-Man (spectacularly original and amazing?) are still out there waiting patiently. Additionally we have abilities and pics.

POSSIBLE NEW CHARACTER ABILITIES

(PASSIVE) When the opponent makes a Match 5, --- destroys up to ??? AP in their strongest color, stuns the enemy team for ??? turns and deals ??? damage to them.
    Transforms a chosen basic tile into a colorless %NumTurns-turn Countdown tile. This tile cannot be matched and does not move. Every turn it consumes the %NumTiles tiles adjacent to it, dealing damage and generating AP.

PICTURE HINTS

Picture 1
    Bucky Barnes, Medusa, Angela, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Superior Iron Man, Fal-Cap, Dr. Strange, Inferno, Deathlok, Ant-Man.
    rpqlbvm2egwof5itmy8n.jpg

Picture 2
    (X-men) Iceman, Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Jean Grey, Rogue, Havoc, Scarlet Witch, Wolverine
    (Avengers)Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Hulk, Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Iron Man.
    JphXQUy.jpg

Picture 3 - Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Nova Prime, Silver Surfer.

cosmicmarvel2.jpg

Picture 4
    (Age of Apocalypse) Jean Grey, Kirika (not to be confused with X-23), Magneto, Rogue, Gambit, Silver Samurai, Wild Child, Sabretooth, Darkholme (not to be confused with Nightcrawler), Sunfire (not to be confused with Sunspot, who's a totally different character).
    (X-Force) Deadpool, Wolverine, Fantomex, Psylocke, Archangel (not pictured)
    uncanny-x-force-vs-the-age-of-apocalypse-20110301053950576-000.jpg

So, that's where were we're at, right?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    There may have been one more picture, but that's pretty much it.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    bcas76 wrote:
    Cyclops (2*) and Spider-Man (spectacularly original and amazing?) are still out there waiting patiently. Additionally we have abilities and pics.

<snip>

So, that's where were we're at, right?

Regarding Cyclops;

I would not be surprised if what was once going to be 2* Cyclops gets reworked into 4* Cyclops.
    Even three months ago, the idea of adding another new 2* to the game was far fetched - although still considered a possibility. In the last few weeks, we've seen both an increase in the release rate and availability of 4* covers. The game is steadily moving towards establishing the 4* tier as the new endgame. Adding another new 2* now seems absolutely absurd. However, if you said that there was a new 4* Cyclops on the way (one that's got a lot more accurate/targeted tile desctruction) then I probably wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Regarding Spider-Man;

I'm still of the firm belief that we'll be getting the full line up of the "All-New All-Different Avengers" which includes Miles Morales.
    Since there's already a 2* and 3* Spider-Man, it seems to make sense that Miles takes the 4* slot and "Original" replaces the current 3* Spider-Man. However, I think there is a chance that we get Miles as a 3* character, since that's a much more achievable rarity for new players - the sorts of people targeted via cross-promotion.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Just heard a nasty rumor that prof x and hulk buster are both getting huge nefs. Any of the forum oracles have any info or confirmation?
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Just heard a nasty rumor that prof x and hulk buster are both getting huge nefs. Any of the forum oracles have any info or confirmation?

That would indicate a sale is coming before hand eh? Amirite?? Lol, if only I was kidding...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    I'm still of the firm belief that we'll be getting the full line up of the "All-New All-Different Avengers" which includes Miles Morales.
    Since there's already a 2* and 3* Spider-Man, it seems to make sense that Miles takes the 4* slot and "Original" replaces the current 3* Spider-Man. However, I think there is a chance that we get Miles as a 3* character, since that's a much more achievable rarity for new players - the sorts of people targeted via cross-promotion.

Ant-Man is very clearly targeting the most casual and newer of Marvel fans: the movie goers. And yet, he's 4*. Other than that, I agree with you that seems like new 3*s will now be as rare as new 2*s used to be, while new 2*s will go the way of new 1*s: non-existent.

Likely just more hysteria from the fearmongers who never could forgive Demiurge for nerfing 4hor and X-Force. They are almost a cult. Are you sure you are not one of them? *narrows eyes* "I just heard a rumour that [introduce just made up statement that is automatically given the alleged nature of being spoken about among the better informed]" is basically fearmongering 101.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker

Likely just more hysteria from the fearmongers who never could forgive Demiurge for nerfing 4hor and X-Force. They are almost a cult. Are you sure you are not one of them? *narrows eyes* "I just heard a rumour that [introduce just made up statement that is automatically given the alleged nature of being spoken about among the better informed]" is basically fearmongering 101.[/quote]

Nope I'm not one of "those" people I was just trying to see if anyone else had any info to match up with what my alliance mate and his "source" had.

Last time the nerf rumor regarding x force and 4 thor started floating around it unfortunately came true so I'm hoping it it's just "fear mongering" this time around since I just got those 2 characters to a usable state.
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    Haven't used X enough to comment. But Hulkbuster doesn't need a nerf. He's not unbeatable at all and he's hardly doing SS pre nerf damage without a lot of red.
This discussion has been closed.