[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• xdogg wrote:
    29wr4vq.jpg Anyone know why this is uploaded to D3's site? https://d3go.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/
    because we're getting VAMPIRE WOLVERINE

PAPA LOGAN'S GOT THE HUNGER
    Buret0 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    there's also elo/character bans

I had an idea for a Balance of Power event that actually had a flexible buff/nerf system built in. Every eight hours your slice gets evaluated to see which characters have been used on the winning teams of every match since the event started.

As a character gets used more by winning teams, that character's level would get adjusted down. Characters that have not been used would get their level adjusted up. For the sake of this event, assume that health, match damage, and all skills would be affected during the event.

hat's pretty ambitious...almost like reverse scaling. I think bans would be simplier, but that's definitely an interesting idea, lol. Can't upvote for some reason....
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    They could just change him from black to another color so he doesn't combo with Iron Fist.
    they could've, but they didn't do that for Mystique and instead made her utter ****,

why start now?

I would expect that instead of nerfing the 4* that folks have to pay 2500 HP for covers which are rare to achieve, they would nerf the 3* that folks have to pay 1250 HP per cover but they are also given away much more often in covers and they are in DDQ rotation.

I've seen the 4* run alongside the 3* many, many times when the person running the 270 HB also has the 270 PX/XF/GT/KP option out there. I think that points to the bigger problem, and D3 has in the past nerfed the character that everyone has (Cmags, Mystique) rather than the character many fewer have maxed (PX) - since that means folks keep buying the 4* covers.

I also think that we hear lots of HB complaining because more have him covered (as he had multiple covers rewarded in Ultron, a season cover, a cover from gauntlet, covers from Ultron tokens...) than have Carnage or Thing. If we saw those two at 270 everywhere, I think the complaints would be directed elsewhere.

They should be nerfing anyone who is deserving of it, not based on who has them or not.

It's up to D3 to "compensate" properly as its entirely their fault to release characters who haven't been properly tested.

Hulkbuster is complained about because he's undisputed king. Carnage was complained about in Venom heroic, more because he's "unfun" than any other reason. Thing is okay, but is countered by Loki, which any high-scoring PVP player is going to have anyway.

The difference between Hulkbuster and any other character(maybe not Iron Fist/Professor X) is VERY big.
    IMO, the prevalence of Fistbuster in the last week or two is more attributable to both being buffed than meta-shattering.

Most of my personal run through God of Lies was old school XF/4Thor. IMHB was there, but limited.

In the weeks where neither are buffed, I see way more of the boosted characters.

I don't think he's meta-shattering, but he occupies a spot that Foster was kicked out of.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    The difference between Hulkbuster and any other character(maybe not Iron Fist/Professor X) is VERY big.
    IMO, the prevalence of Fistbuster in the last week or two is more attributable to both being buffed than meta-shattering.

Most of my personal run through God of Lies was old school XF/4Thor. IMHB was there, but limited.

In the weeks where neither are buffed, I see way more of the boosted characters.

I don't think he's meta-shattering, but he occupies a spot that Foster was kicked out of.

As someone who finally covered/leveled HB this season, I don't think the difference is that big. I was able to hit 1K in every event - but you can do that with 3*'s (there's a whole thread about it). I was mashed on whenever I went beyond 1K with max HB. I made it to 1300 one time this season - when I took max Cyc/Fist out with him.

I have to agree with Grumpy - it's becoming a "boosted" world. Whoever is boosted will be the big hitter if you have them max, either 3* or 4*. Three star maxed boosted rosters can take down 4* unboosted rosters.

What I found in Loki PVP is it is the 4* -boosted- characters that are and will be killer. Taking my max Loki max HB out there in a world of old-school max XF/GT...I might as well have been running unleveled 3*'s again, it was a hopeless endeavor.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    raisinbman wrote:

The first time I've seen a forumite call her Foster. I like that better than gt, T4or, sexy thor, etc. I'm gonna use it.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Lidolas wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

The first time I've seen a forumite call her Foster. I like that better than gt, T4or, sexy thor, etc. I'm gonna use it.

Or, in Australia, "Beer"!
  • Lidolas wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

I'm a trendsetter and the mods watch every move I make.

Haters wish they could downvote me.

Who do you think came up with Tetris Ultron?

icon_mrgreen.gif

but more on topic I don't know a ton about her outside of the movies....and jane can't be shortened to anything so I went with Foster
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:

In weeks where neither is boosted, I see a lot of Jane. If anything it's Wolvie that was supplanted, since IMHB is the Fist fed de jour.

And yeah, this week where Jane is boosted and IMHB wasn't, the ratio was heavily in her favor.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015
    I've been thinking that "anti-ProfX" move should be telepathic to match him and that might be the case.

So, is the next character Jean Grey, Emma Frost, or someone else?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been thinking that "anti-ProfX" move should telepathic to match him and that might be the case.

Well, the R80 update preview hints something along "reading minds", so I'm guessing we're getting Jean Grey (she's also in some of the pictures in turul's hints.)
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess would be Jean as well. She'd be a really weird choice for the anti-PX, though.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    sigh, and I was still holding out hope for Archangel.. even made myself skip the past few PVEs including Thing and Ant to curb my scaling in anticipation of him.. but thanks Turul, that dark angel spread gave me something to look forward to for a while
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know, with that one pic of Turul's and Ice's hints that we'd see alternate versions of characters 'sooner than you think', I guess it could be Xforce Psylocke as well. Her powerset actually makes sense for that anti-PX power, since her psychic knife scrambles brains.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Der_Lex wrote:
    My guess would be Jean as well. She'd be a really weird choice for the anti-PX, though.
    I feel the same way. Although, if you imagine them on the same team...

Ever since Turul mentioned "Token hoarding mode on" I've felt that Jean Grey has to be in development. I like X-Force Psylocke and all, but Jean Grey near the top of the most wanted list.
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    I'd say it has to bbe Jean. Psylocke would be cool as a 4*, but I think if they're going to add an xforce variant of anyone it would have to be Deadpool right? Fantomex would be pretty cool though and kinda fit.
  • Are we finally getting Jean Grey? 3* for Classic... 4* for Dark Phoenix!!!!!
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    The hint with the X-Force picture was next 4* candidate, so as an anti-px, Psylocke may make sense. She's Joe Fletcher's favourite character and in the comic con interview they said they're going to be adding variants of existing characters.

Gut still says Jean though
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    I feel the same way. Although, if you imagine them on the same team...

Ever since Turul mentioned "Token hoarding mode on" I've felt that Jean Grey has to be in development. I like X-Force Psylocke and all, but Jean Grey near the top of the most wanted list.

Well, it is the Jean Grey academy, not the Xavier academy.. so yah, she is the perfect counter.
  • I literally just watched the first 3 xmen movies this weekend...

no more Jean Grey...

I like the idea of a 'fixed' Psylocke...just change her damb blue power to the anti-PX power...
    - Unreall
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Does Emma Frost fit any of this? Wouldn't that also fit as the anti-Prof X?
  • Boommike wrote:
    Does Emma Frost fit any of this? Wouldn't that also fit as the anti-Prof X?

Should would, only since she can go diamond and block mental telepathy from PX.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I've been thinking that "anti-ProfX" move should be telepathic to match him and that might be the case.

According to the patch 80 hint, it could be either, but I'm going to hope for Emma and for it not to suck. icon_e_smile.gif
This discussion has been closed.