[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    MEGASPOILER
    Guys, I've been asked to stop releasing any more spoilers by David [Hi-Fi] Moore, so I guess this is this the end for this thread!
    ... Our reasons for wanting to eliminate spoilers are many and they include the possibility of causing problems with our partners (in this case, Marvel) and ruining things for players who like surprises. It also hurts our promotional efforts which are often planned far in advance ...

... For our part, we are going to try and open up a bit more and release info on what's coming up in the game somewhat sooner than we have in the past. There will still be instances though where we need to keep things private until release day. ...

Please try not to be angry about this, the devs/D3P tolerated long enough already...
    And please, don't ask me in privately for spoilers or my mining methods!

Hope I find another way to contribute the game/community :)

PS: gone sleeping, dont expect quick reply from me
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    Well that's unfortunate but unstandable from their perspective. I thought guessing from the photos was fun and pretty non-spoilery but can see where they wouldn't want the powers shown.
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    turul wrote:
    MEGASPOILER
    Guys, I've been asked to stop releasing any more spoilers by David [Hi-Fi] Moore, so I guess this is this the end for this thread!
    ... Our reasons for wanting to eliminate spoilers are many and they include the possibility of causing problems with our partners (in this case, Marvel) and ruining things for players who like surprises. It also hurts our promotional efforts which are often planned far in advance ...

... For our part, we are going to try and open up a bit more and release info on what's coming up in the game somewhat sooner than we have in the past. There will still be instances though where we need to keep things private until release day. ...

Please try not to be angry about this, the devs/D3P tolerated long enough already...
    And please, don't ask me in privately for spoilers or my mining methods!

Hope I find another way to contribute the game/community :)

PS: gone sleeping, dont expect quick reply from me

OMG Secret Wars have begun!

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015

Planning too far in advance: Seems more like you don't want people stockpiling tokens where purchasing them is preferable. ****.

Ruining things for players who like surprises: Well, no one was being forced to read this thread. Again, ****.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    bcas76 wrote:
    Thread is dying a slow death. Time for a hint recap:

Cyclops (2*) and Spider-Man (spectacularly original and amazing?) are still out there waiting patiently. Additionally we have abilities and pics.

POSSIBLE NEW CHARACTER ABILITIES

(PASSIVE) When the opponent makes a Match 5, --- destroys up to ??? AP in their strongest color, stuns the enemy team for ??? turns and deals ??? damage to them.
    Transforms a chosen basic tile into a colorless %NumTurns-turn Countdown tile. This tile cannot be matched and does not move. Every turn it consumes the %NumTiles tiles adjacent to it, dealing damage and generating AP.

PICTURE HINTS

Picture 1
    Bucky Barnes, Medusa, Angela, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Superior Iron Man, Fal-Cap, Dr. Strange, Inferno, Deathlok, Ant-Man.
    rpqlbvm2egwof5itmy8n.jpg

Picture 3 - Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Nova Prime, Silver Surfer.

cosmicmarvel2.jpg

Picture 4
    (Age of Apocalypse) Jean Grey, Kirika (not to be confused with X-23), Magneto, Rogue, Gambit, Silver Samurai, Wild Child, Sabretooth, Darkholme (not to be confused with Nightcrawler), Sunfire (not to be confused with Sunspot, who's a totally different character).
    (X-Force) Deadpool, Wolverine, Fantomex, Psylocke, Archangel (not pictured)
    uncanny-x-force-vs-the-age-of-apocalypse-20110301053950576-000.jpg

So, that's where were we're at, right?

Picture 2 - Jean Grey
    (X-men) Iceman, Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Jean Grey, Rogue, Havoc, Scarlet Witch, Wolverine
    (Avengers)Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Hulk, Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Iron Man.
    JphXQUy.jpg

Before the thread dies, are those 3 pics still in play, or was Pic 1 Ant-Man?
  • Sword user
    Sword user Posts: 72
    This is a very disappointing move on D3P's part.
  • Such **** on d3s part. This thread is the only reason i even come to this site
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    A real spoiler, in every sense of the word
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really hope they step up their game when it comes to hype and tease future content. It's so bad these days that some times new content and features appear first in-game than being announced here. That's seriously inexcusable.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did they say you can't post them, or is this a full gag order?
  • *Shrug*
    It was cool founding out things early, but it really changes NOTHING. If you were stock piling tokens, you were stock piling tokens, this thread barely changes anything for you (functionally).

The guessing game was fun though.
    - Unreall
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for everything turul, sad to see it go, but it's understandable as well.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    I'll be sad to see this thread go, partly for the sake of (reasonably-vague) spoilers, but moreso as it was the most civil and Marvel-excitable place on this forum. The reasons are understandable though. Thanks to turul and everyone else for constantly fostering such great conversation, speculation, and theorycrafting in this thread! icon_e_smile.gif

DeadpoolThumbsUp.jpg
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am definitely disappointed that this thread will have to end but it does ruin the surprise even though the spoilers were presented as a Guessing Game. Kind of reminds me of how awesome wrestling use to be with their surprises until the internet spoiled everything, wrestling is ruined for it (among other reasons).

Hopefully the devs do release info faster, I like when they post the ??? New character in the character thread, we need more of that. I hate finding information about their game on other websites and news content. I wonder what was said here that made the devs finally want this thread shut down.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    So just a ban on -character- spoilers? I would guess a ban on -event- spoilers as well, so no more "DDQ 4* coming!" type thing. Will you still be able to update which PVP's are upcoming, changes in tokens? Thanks for all you've done Turul.

As I did around the time this thread was moved over here, I know Turul isn't the only miner....so once again I'll wonder aloud some idle speculation in this speculation thread:

"Wouldn't it be interesting if someone posted these spoilers in a place not controlled by the company...perhaps a very public place like Reddit or Facebook?"
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Can you still tell us the order of upcoming PvP events?

That has been a real bonus, because I was able to get my Torch and Cyclops ISO leveled in time for their PvP events.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some Answers & Reactions:

- is that pic hinting Ant-Man or someone else too?

else too

- is D3 the only one to blame for the spoiler-ban?
    Both D3 and Demiurge Studios request me to stop.

- will I be able to post upcoming event info or other harmless spoilers?
    It werent mentioned if I can still spoil anything considered harmless.
    The best thing to do would be, if D3/Demi would provide these kind of info (consistently, not just sometimes in patch notes), or maybe even create the official spoiler/teaser thread.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Booo! If I believed them that they would provide more info themselves it would be one thing, but they have shown over and over that they can't/won't. Like the last ultron run, we didn't know anything until it was already over. Or the run before that, where all info came from other sources.

I loved this thread mostly because it was one of the only things on the forum that was interesting to me, but also because you'd sometimes give the upcoming pvps which to me is really helpful info (that I'm sure we won't be getting from them).

Ok, I'm done crying about it now. Thanks for keeping it up as long as you did turul.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Some Answers & Reactions:

- is that pic hinting Ant-Man or someone else too?

else too

It is Doc Strange. Way too much hype and inclusion in Secret Wars, new Marvel universe and promo materials for them not to push him out to us soon.

Small quote

"Hasbro got the ball rolling early at San Diego Comic-Con with an exclusive Book of the Vishanti Marvel Legends action figure"

Also friends at SDCC were saying he was the primary focus at many of the Marvel events.

They are hinting at a tie in with Agent Carter season 2 and the Quantum realm from Ant-Man.
This discussion has been closed.