[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• SnowcaTT wrote:
    As I read through the codes, someone will get a 4* treatment on this picture. That is if I read correctly. icon_lol.gif

That's a bigger hint than the one I dropped....but that post is mysteriously missing icon_e_wink.gif

Oooooopppps... Hahaha.

Well, let's rephrase it to " This pictures tells me that another 4* is incoming!!!!"

Actually, that might happen... Occasionally. Mine might get booted out as well. But the thing is, even character abilities being revealed might jeopardize the plans and the future of the game. So might as well tease the possible incoming characters and let the players guess who they are and the ability they might have. That'd be safer.. I guess.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmmmmm..... Next up 4*. 4*. And 4* or might be 3*.

Yep, apparently I was right in my statement for the last couple of 4* releases..."3* doesn't exist anymore?"

The biggest problem I have with 4* release after 4* release is that is isn't like they are upping the ways to get them as they release them. All it does is saturate the field with more and more of them - making the time between getting them farther and farther apart.

I -thought- the easier 1000 reward in PVP would be a "transition" solution, but once Jean is out there will be 14 4*'s in rotation (why don't they just stick Dino in at this point? Better than a few that exist!). If you aren't a 1300 type player you might get ten PVP's + season reward + Sim reward = 13 4*'s a season....you don't even get one cover for each one each season anymore.

So, 13 seasons to get your 4*'s covered (ha ha! let's not joke/talk about leveling them here) - except each season you are getting two more 4*'s added! So thirteen seasons from now, you'd have FORTY FOUR STAR CHARACTERS, and you'd still only be getting thirteen a season. You'll only see one cover of any given character once every three seasons!
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    Hmmmmmm..... Next up 4*. 4*. And 4* or might be 3*.

Yep, apparently I was right in my statement for the last couple of 4* releases..."3* doesn't exist anymore?"

The biggest problem I have with 4* release after 4* release is that is isn't like they are upping the ways to get them as they release them. All it does is saturate the field with more and more of them - making the time between getting them farther and farther apart.

I -thought- the easier 1000 reward in PVP would be a "transition" solution, but once Jean is out there will be 14 4*'s in rotation (why don't they just stick Dino in at this point? Better than a few that exist!). If you aren't a 1300 type player you might get ten PVP's + season reward + Sim reward = 13 4*'s a season....you don't even get one cover for each one each season anymore.

So, 13 seasons to get your 4*'s covered (ha ha! let's not joke/talk about leveling them here) - except each season you are getting two more 4*'s added! So thirteen seasons from now, you'd have FORTY FOUR STAR CHARACTERS, and you'd still only be getting thirteen a season. You'll only see one cover of any given character once every three seasons!

Yes I agree.. The continuous release of 4* has people asking if we will have the 5* next. But the thing is, like you said, it's a matter of players increasing their roster slot and accommodating these new 4* characters which really fit those veterans who may have started from the beginning of the game or halfway through there. A matter of P2W players spending more which I think maybe one of the major factor. (Maybe data says that x% of players are willing to buy covers for 4* characters). Or, maybe they (devs) say, "Ok guys, this character is fan requested, hmmm... OP for 3*, let's make him 4*" icon_lol.gif . What do they have in mind in saturating the land of 4*? Or they think 3* are all over the field already? To balance things out, 2* should be released - unless the characters don't fit anymore to this tier.

For beginners, they will just see these 4* characters as another set of upper-tier classes which will be far from being acquired. But you can see how they adjusted the placement rewards on PVP and PVE just to allow and make players think that 4* are now more at reach and easier to catch. But the mere fact of releasing 4* in a row makes that clause more impossible. Maxing covers will be a different scenario as others are still maxing out their 3*.

In addition, as teased, a comic pack/token for a guaranteed 3* and chance of 4* are in the works - Legendary Tokens, which of course not yet confirmed.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes I agree.. The continuous release of 4* has people asking if we will have the 5* next.

They will come eventually, they have to , or the game goes stale. It will be after a few other things to make the 4* transition real, and after a real solid core of 4*s are in game.

I am happy that 3*s are not being released anymore, i finally have time finish covering and one-day level them all..

2 things that need to happen before 5*s, a real 4* transition (like DDQ ish), and an iso farm.
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Is it official that there won't be any more 3* characters?

The whole star.png system is unfortunate. It's wrong that when a character was released during the course of the life of game is the biggest factor in their star.png rating. For example, characters like Hulk and Dr. Doom (Some of the most powerful character in the Marvel universe) will always be less powerful than characters like Ant-man, Elektra, etc. in the game - simply because those characters were released later.

Now even if we do get characters we've clamored for like Gambit, Nighcrawler, Ghost Rider, etc., they're going to be some of the most powerful characters in the game when they really aren't powerhouses in the comics. For some of these characters, the fact that they aren't is part of what makes their character. Gambit or Moon Knight should not be more powerful than Magneto or Sentry in terms of how they exist in the comics.

Do I want them to reorganize the whole game based on than? NOOOOO!!! But again, its unfortunate.
  • Malcrof
    ECOcrush wrote:

The whole star.png system is unfortunate. It's wrong that when a character was released during the course of the life of game is the biggest factor in their star.png rating. For example, characters like Hulk and Dr. Doom (Some of the most powerful character in the Marvel universe) will always be less powerful than characters like Ant-man, Elektra, etc. in the game - simply because those characters were released later.

Actually, for Doom and Hulk, there exist alternate versions that will actually make better 4* characters, but will most likely be saved for 5* when they come, as more powerful versions of extremely powerful characters could be game breaking at the 4* level.
  • after escaping being banned, the first thing I have to say is its stupid this thread is being shut down. If there's any off-forum action I'd like to know.

But because of that and many other reasons, i think I'm gonna retire from the forums. Barely a reason to come here if there's no spoiler, especially if D3 will "tell us about things" now.

Thanks for all your work Turul and co.

icon_e_wink.gifIf there's any off-forum action I'd like to know. icon_e_wink.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    NONE of the characters in the AoA pic deserve to be a 4*, if they ALREADY have lower starred counterparts. In fact, they should make it a rule that characters introduced on one star level cannot get ANOTHER version just ine star level above.

The only one that even remotely deserves that would be Dark Phoenix, since she'd be a completely different character.

Magneto is the greatest villain of all time and when HE doesn't need yet another version.

Wade is popular to juveniles, so I'm sure is him.
  • ECOcrush wrote:

Now even if we do get characters we've clamored for like Gambit, Nighcrawler, Ghost Rider, etc., they're going to be some of the most powerful characters in the game when they really aren't powerhouses in the comics. For some of these characters, the fact that they aren't is part of what makes their character. Gambit or Moon Knight should not be more powerful than Magneto or Sentry in terms of how they exist in the comics.

Do I want them to reorganize the whole game based on than? NOOOOO!!! But again, its unfortunate.

I think they are focusing more on establishing a strong roster of 4*.. In this case, one after another. Unlike before when they are focused on releasing 3* and in between releases are 4*..... we don't know, maybe on the anniversary we might get the surprise of our lives for a 5* character.

Initially, the 4* where categorized to be: a) leader of groups, b) more powerful alternate version etc... however, we can't remove the fact that MARVEL is a universe and it connects not only comics but movies... So to get much hype, they do release characters in time for a promotion...

There will always be alternate versions, to some, only costumes change and the era... others really evolved powers..
  • phoenixrising2791
    phoenixrising2791 Posts: 130
    edited July 2015
    In this game, alternate versions were the one to blame for imbalance tier/category. In Avengers Alliance the alternate versions were available for a cost but same character. But that's a different model. On Contest of Champions, characters have multiple rankings - Ironman is a 2*, 3*, 4* and Superior Iron Man is different. MPQ has it that one character with alternate version can't be on the same star rating. Unless it is Ms. Marvel personified by another person - Kamala Khan. So, for example they want to release Dark Phoenix, she can be on a 4* level still but not Jean Grey but the Phoenix Force or if it is Jean Grey, she needs to be 5*.

This game bases on the current situation of the MARVEL universe. New Avengers, New X-Men, etc... Not to mention issues with licenses, we can see how promotions of other media affect character releases and even character development. Even if Magneto is more powerful than, let's say, Elektra, they can make Elektra look more powerful. But its the game. You can see that not all 4* are dependable that's why we have character rankings in the forum to assess who is the best. Sometimes that 3* overpower 4* and 2* overpower 3*. However, when a 3* becomes OP, he is now a candidate of being NERFed. Or the other way around. The game is open always for being developed, improved and changed. The response however will come from us, the players, on where the game should be going.
  • Also, since some characters do not REALLY MEET in the MARVEL UNIVERSE per se, I think that their rankings/powers are based on the environment and character group they belong. StarLord for example is the leader of GoTG, he maybe more powerful than Gamora and GRocket... But certainly may be lower than any other 3*. So let's look on that perspective.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Specially for the ones who create fake countdown tiles really fit the character.
    Misdirection? Sounds like uncle Cluster. I'm still holding out for Archangel though, the force within me says release the force within him
  • Specially for the ones who create fake countdown tiles really fit the character.
    Misdirection? Sounds like uncle Cluster. I'm still holding out for Archangel though, the force within me says release the force within him

Hahahahahaha. icon_lol.gif

Just look out for the pictures posted there by Turul. You've got three photos and couple of characters to choose from. Jean Grey from the X-Men was recently released. As it sounds, we'll not get another one from that group (Original X-Men). icon_rolleyes.gif So, that's one hint.
  • Dom22
    Dom22 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I know this question was asked, but don't know if it was answered. But where are we putting all the spoilery info for the game ; reddit?
  • Dom22 wrote:
    I know this question was asked, but don't know if it was answered. But where are we putting all the spoilery info for the game ; reddit?

No one has mentioned anything to happen yet on other sites, for the meantime, we can do a "tamer" version of the spoilers here. Hahahaha.
    We have 3 pending characters to be released (those previously teased by Turul) which were pictured in the previous posts. Character abilities (one for each) were also mentioned. The only game now is to guess who the characters are...

Possibilities - meaning not confirmed, not sure.

4*
    4*
    3* or maybe 4*

Or it could be 4*, 3*, 4* or 4* straight.

Character hints based on abilities:

1. One who does protect tiles
    Who does it best? Who do you think?

2. One who creates "fake countdown tiles"
    Fake? Not real? Why you doin' that? icon_lol.gif

3. One who transforms tiles to frozen "colorless tiles"
    tutile.png like this one? or this color? shieldgrey.png What does colorless even mean?

We can keep it like that for the meantime. To create at least an inch of hype before this thread shuts down.
  • Dom22 wrote:
    Look at your inbox. I won't say anymore here in fear of spies.
  • Malcrof
    No one has mentioned anything to happen yet on other sites, for the meantime, we can do a "tamer" version of the spoilers here. Hahahaha.
    We have 3 pending characters to be released (those previously teased by Turul) which were pictured in the previous posts. Character abilities (one for each) were also mentioned. The only game now is to guess who the characters are...

Possibilities - meaning not confirmed, not sure.

4*
    4*
    3* or maybe 4*

Or it could be 4*, 3*, 4* or 4* straight.

Character hints based on abilities:

1. One who does protect tiles
    Who does it best? Who do you think?

2. One who creates "fake countdown tiles"
    Fake? Not real? Why you doin' that? icon_lol.gif

3. One who transforms tiles to frozen "colorless tiles"
    tutile.png like this one? or this color? shieldgrey.png What does colorless even mean?

We can keep it like that for the meantime. To create at least an inch of hype before this thread shuts down.

very strange, yes, strange indeed.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Maybe they were telling the truth in releasing info more early

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2495 ... ny_x-force

Another character from my favourite comic. Hopefully an X-Force Psylocke appears in the future
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Dom22 wrote:
    Look at your inbox. I won't say anymore here in fear of spies.

I need someone to look at my inbox. Or my Snow Catt Line.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    This is the first time I've posted on this thread but I've read it regularly for ages. I don't mean to seem annoying, but if anyone could let me know when another means of these discussions pops up I'd be grateful.
This discussion has been closed.