[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    loooololol
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    They are hinting at a tie in with Agent Carter season 2 and the Quantum realm from Ant-Man.

I was totally expecting Dr. Strange to speak to Ant-Man and help him escape when he was stuck in the Quantum Realm. Also, I had heard ahead of time that there were going to be two stinger scenes and was hoping he'd be in one of those. I mean Cumberbatch was cast like over a YEAR ago wasn't he? And he's already been name dropped in the movies anyway. If you just heard his voice guiding Ant-Man out of the Quantum Realm the mystery voice would have been a neat little open mystery for the next Marvel installment like Starlord's father's identity and Hulk's current whereabouts. I really though he'd be a little surprise in the movie the way Black Panther and Spidey are supposed to be in Civil War. I kinda don't want him introduced in Civil War because it's already getting crowded but since we know he's already around it would be neat to see him pop up before his movie.

Then again, there was some kind of silhouette being flashed in the background when Ant-Man was caught in the Quantum Realm. Not sure if it was supposed to be some other version of himself, maybe Janet Van Dyne (also trapped there) or maybe it was Steve S. afterall...
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    And oh yeah, sucks about the spoilers getting silenced. I come to this thread at least once a day when I should be working.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    So just move it off the forums to Reddit or something where they have no control?
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Exactly my thought. Wasn't the point of keeping this thread around (although buried) to suppress people's urge to post more visible spoilers?

Turul is not the only person who regularly checks the data files. Someone will post on Reddit where the Devs won't be able to control access.

There's no reason to come this Forum now.

Unrelated question: Turul, what happened to your simulator? Did it move?
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    I guess this was inevitable, but I think they're making a mistake. What's more fun, debating who the next character will be or logging into the game and seeing that a new character has been released? Is it more fun to read what a character's powers are, knowing you won't have access to them for months (if ever), or actually using them? Is your final score in a PvP "fun"? No, the matches are. I'm going to avoid using a cliche and say that engaging in an activity that leads to a goal is more important than the goal itself. Almost nothing was ever really spoiled here, just a lot of conjecture from hints that were often inscrutable. But it felt like playing a game, where everyone placed their bets and there were winners and losers when the announcements were official. Rumors and hints make things more exciting, feeling like you have inside information makes you more invested in the game, talking about different possible characters makes you more likely to watch their movie/Netflix show/cartoon, buy the comic, purchase merchandise. This thread wasn't like spoiling a sports score, it was like the pregame show. Now it's like there won't be a game.

Hopefully they will follow through on hyping things a little more, because otherwise you just get "here's Jean Grey...no, not that one, this newer one from a current comic that has different powers and is from the past or possibly a different reality (because young Iceman is gay)...no, she's not the Phoenix either, just grind for seven days and you'll find out!" That's not fun. Finding out the difference between Sunfire and Sunspot was fun. Reading all of X-Force to see who the next character might be was fun. Trying to figure out why no one could see Havoc protruding from Rogue's abdomen was fun.

Anyway, thanks Turul.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Exactly my thought. Wasn't the point of keeping this thread around (although buried) to suppress people's urge to post more visible spoilers?

Turul is not the only person who regularly checks the data files. Someone will post on Reddit where the Devs won't be able to control access.

There's no reason to come this Forum now.

Unrelated question: Turul, what happened to your simulator? Did it move?

Its back online at: http://mpqsim.0cdn.net/
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    So where do we go to play new character guessing games now???
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    So this change prompted me to download the game on Steam and start digging around myself. I can see character and ability names, but not the ability details, so there's another layer of voodoo that turul was dabbling in or just something I'm missing. I don't have very much time to play around on my computer at home, so the next steps may take some time.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:
    So this change prompted me to download the game on Steam and start digging around myself. I can see character and ability names, but not the ability details, so there's another layer of voodoo that turul was dabbling in or just something I'm missing. I don't have very much time to play around on my computer at home, so the next steps may take some time.

Look out for those dead ends....2* cyclops has been in there for many months!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    May I suggest anyone wishing to follow on turul's footsteps to take their discoveries to another place? Keeping them here will only make them ask you the same thing they asked turul. Continuous offence will probably result in thread and subsequent threads shut down until they make it a bannable offence as what they are risking is upsetting Marvel or being disallowed to work ahead on content that they don't want spoiled.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    If I knew that, I'm sure a -totally anon- ID like "MPQ code reader" would suddenly appear on reddit and post that info there.

Would that work? I'm not too familiar with reddit, but I know that the MPQ subreddit has some of the devs as mods, so wouldn't those posts still end up being deleted?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    If I knew that, I'm sure a -totally anon- ID like "MPQ code reader" would suddenly appear on reddit and post that info there.

Would that work? I'm not too familiar with reddit, but I know that the MPQ subreddit has some of the devs as mods, so wouldn't those posts still end up being deleted?

I never use reddit (to much garbage to sift through to find the gems), so I guess I didn't know the same mods here are mods there. I suppose you could try to start a new reddit thread? Facebook may have the same problem [whoops, haven't used it in so long they locked my super fake account I guess, can't check]...I know one big thread was the official one, I assume one might be fan-led though?
  • GuntherBlobel
    bcas76 wrote:
    Hopefully they will follow through on hyping things a little more, because otherwise you just get "here's Jean Grey...no, not that one, this newer one from a current comic that has different powers and is from the past or possibly a different reality (because young Iceman is gay)...no, she's not the Phoenix either, just grind for seven days and you'll find out!" That's not fun. Finding out the difference between Sunfire and Sunspot was fun. Reading all of X-Force to see who the next character might be was fun. Trying to figure out why no one could see Havoc protruding from Rogue's abdomen was fun.
    Yes! I can now definitively say that it's much more fun for me to guess than to actually know what's in the code. This thread has kept me from taking a peak at the data files for so long! It's been a lot of fun, too! Thanks, Turul (and all)!

Well, one good thing came of this: I now know how to get access to every file on my iPad.
  • phoenixrising2791
    phoenixrising2791 Posts: 130
    edited July 2015
    turul wrote:
    So since Jean was in multiple hints given by Turul, which hint does this eliminate from the posters, etc?

The X-Men + Avengers one is eliminated.

Next one expected to come is
    uncanny-x-force-vs-the-age-of-apocalypse-20110301053950576-000.jpg

As I read through the codes, the next incoming is another 4* on this picture. That is if I read correctly. icon_lol.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the wonderful thread turul. It's been quite a ride. icon_e_smile.gif

As for my understanding on the whole thing, we're going to get more stuff like that blog post for Jean, and more ahead of time information. We shall see, but obviously, there's nothing stopping people from continuing to mine the data and share it on Reddit, Facebook, or LINE - but none of those sites are their responsibilities and this is all about license holders.
  • bcas76 wrote:
    Thread is dying a slow death. Time for a hint recap:

Cyclops (2*) and Spider-Man (spectacularly original and amazing?) are still out there waiting patiently. Additionally we have abilities and pics.

POSSIBLE NEW CHARACTER ABILITIES

(PASSIVE) When the opponent makes a Match 5, --- destroys up to ??? AP in their strongest color, stuns the enemy team for ??? turns and deals ??? damage to them.
    Transforms a chosen basic tile into a colorless %NumTurns-turn Countdown tile. This tile cannot be matched and does not move. Every turn it consumes the %NumTiles tiles adjacent to it, dealing damage and generating AP.

PICTURE HINTS

Picture 1
    Bucky Barnes, Medusa, Angela, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Superior Iron Man, Fal-Cap, Dr. Strange, Inferno, Deathlok, Ant-Man.
    rpqlbvm2egwof5itmy8n.jpg

Picture 2
    (X-men) Iceman, Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Jean Grey, Rogue, Havoc, Scarlet Witch, Wolverine
    (Avengers)Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Hulk, Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Iron Man.
    JphXQUy.jpg

Picture 3 - Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Nova Prime, Silver Surfer.

cosmicmarvel2.jpg

Picture 4
    (Age of Apocalypse) Jean Grey, Kirika (not to be confused with X-23), Magneto, Rogue, Gambit, Silver Samurai, Wild Child, Sabretooth, Darkholme (not to be confused with Nightcrawler), Sunfire (not to be confused with Sunspot, who's a totally different character).
    (X-Force) Deadpool, Wolverine, Fantomex, Psylocke, Archangel (not pictured)
    uncanny-x-force-vs-the-age-of-apocalypse-20110301053950576-000.jpg

So, that's where were we're at, right?

Since this thread might no longer exist or so... Let's just recap the hints already given by Turul. Future characters will no longer be spoiled as early but what we can do is hope. Below are a couple of additional hints for you. For the last hurrahhh!!!

Picture 1 - Antman Revealed! + Another one on this. 4* treatment. You know what I mean?

Picture 2 - Jean Grey Revealed!

For the two remaining pictures:

Picture 3: Only 5 names to choose from. You know what you want. Don't you? Don't ask me. I know what I want.

Picture 4: Well, this one has a lot of people involved. To help you decide, ask the force within you.......

As for Cyclops (All New X-Men- I think in partner with Teen Jean Grey) and Spiderman, they are still in the codes, release dates not yet scheduled.

Well these aren't considered too much information but at least we're bidding goodbye with this thread with a bang!

By the way, the skills mentioned really match the characters. I would want to match the picture with the skills, however, that would really be a give away. Specially for the ones who create fake countdown tiles really fit the character. For the protect tiles, who does it best?
  • GuntherBlobel
    Possible Spider-man spoiler:
    Of relevance to this thread, Marvel says they are going to publish a teen Peter Parker Spider-man that's "all-new, all-different."

http://io9.com/in-spidey-spider-man-is-going-back-to-his-teenage-year-1720058871

Just like the author, I'm pretty tired of (teen) Peter Parker. Let's see more of Miles.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I read through the codes, someone will get a 4* treatment on this picture. That is if I read correctly. icon_lol.gif

That's a bigger hint than the one I dropped....but that post is mysteriously missing icon_e_wink.gif
  • phoenixrising2791
    phoenixrising2791 Posts: 130
    edited July 2015
    Hmmmmmm..... Next up 4*. 4*. And 4* or might be 3*.
This discussion has been closed.