[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Malcrof wrote:
    FF4 2 has already been announced, months ahead of the first one being released... so they are not going anywhere!
    must've missed that. Wonder what Marvel will do next to try and snuff FF out then...
  • Malcrof wrote:
    FF4 2 has already been announced, months ahead of the first one being released... so they are not going anywhere!

Green Lantern 2 was announced ahead of its release, too. It's literally meaningless when they announce a sequel ahead of time.
  • Malcrof wrote:

Seems pretty optimistic to plan FF42 before FF1 through FF41 come out.
  • SirPhobos wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Seems pretty optimistic to plan FF42 before FF1 through FF41 come out.
    To be fair, Guardians had the same thing happen to it. But as Ben said, they could just be talking out of their Deadpool-hole. And Guardians is actually successful right now.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Malcrof wrote:

Do you mean FF IV: The After Years?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fan ... fter_Years

I'm just hoping that the next character release isn't some spoony bard... Maybe a 4* Dark Knight Cecil?
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    I know we'll still talk about film rights. That's what speculating is for, speculating.

The release cycle has gotten so jacked. They were releasing a character a week for like two months and now it's one 4* a month. All the spoiler hints are piling up with the slow down, so what's left?

FF character that is probably the Thing.
    Ant-Man, who we can assume will be released before the movie.
    Tyke-lops 2*
    Hinted at Spider-Man.
    Hinted at X-Force/AoA character.

Am I missing anyone?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Although 2* Cyclops might be hidden in the code or however the spoilers come from but at this point I cannot see the devs releasing another 2*. The 3* transition is so much faster than it was when 2* Ms. Marvel and Johnny Storm were released. Plus players are already complaining about roster slots and 2* essentials, this will only make it worse.

Also, with the upcoming news on the expansion of 4*'s and how we'll be able to transition to 4* land, perhaps this 2* Cyclops could just become a 4* Cyclops.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    bcas76 wrote:
    I know we'll still talk about film rights. That's what speculating is for, speculating.

The release cycle has gotten so jacked. They were releasing a character a week for like two months and now it's one 4* a month. All the spoiler hints are piling up with the slow down, so what's left?

Tyke-lops 2*
    Hinted at Spider-Man.

Am I missing anyone?

At some point they need to acknowledge the Inhumans.. with Agents of Acronym and the announced phase 3 Inhumans movie coming (in 2019 i think), they have loads of possibilities there.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    bcas76 wrote:

Tyke-lops 2*
    Hinted at Spider-Man.

Am I missing anyone?

U probably missed this. (Probably coming up after 1961/space)
    JphXQUy.jpg?1
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Unless I am mis-identifying someone in Turul's spoiler the implication is an X-Man or a re-release of an already existing character at a new * level. That picture contains a high concentration of 'already released' characters.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    bcas76 wrote:

Tyke-lops 2*
    Hinted at Spider-Man.

Am I missing anyone?

JphXQUy.jpg?1

No one missed it, we just have no idea who it could possibly be from your picture lol. I will assume Rouge since everyone else is in the game except the Original X-Men costumes.. I don't imagine a Human Beast coming anytime soon or at all.
  • turul wrote:
    bcas76 wrote:

Tyke-lops 2*
    Hinted at Spider-Man.

Am I missing anyone?

JphXQUy.jpg?1

No one missed it, we just have no idea who it could possibly be from your picture lol. I will assume Rouge since everyone else is in the game except the Original X-Men costumes.. I don't imagine a Human Beast coming anytime soon or at all.
    There are no makeup based xmen.
  • Unless I am mis-identifying someone in Turul's spoiler the implication is an X-Man or a re-release of an already existing character at a new * level. That picture contains a high concentration of 'already released' characters.
    There are only two characters in that picture not released - Angel and rogue. rogue has been hinted at several times over.
    - Unreall
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Malcrof wrote:
    bcas76 wrote:

Tyke-lops 2*
    Hinted at Spider-Man.

Am I missing anyone?

At some point they need to acknowledge the Inhumans.. with Agents of Acronym and the announced phase 3 Inhumans movie coming (in 2019 i think), they have loads of possibilities there.

Are you talking about in game? Isn't icon_kamalakhan.png an inhuman?

If you're talking MCU, then I have to admit I'm catching up on SHIELD now that it's on Netflix.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Unless I am mis-identifying someone in Turul's spoiler the implication is an X-Man or a re-release of an already existing character at a new * level. That picture contains a high concentration of 'already released' characters.
    There are only two characters in that picture not released - Angel and rogue. rogue has been hinted at several times over.
    - Unreall

Rogue's ability to steal powers would be amazing as a 4*.

What does she do:

Steals powers.
    Drains energy.
    Steals memories.
    The longer the contact, the more the drain.

You could do that last one as a permanent tile or a CD tile. While it is in play it randomly steals 1 AP from among those colors covered by the character being 'touched'. At higher levels it leaches Health, stuns, and steals AP from all three strongest colors. However, while this tile is in play, Rogue is also stunned.

You could also have passives based on some of her already absorbed powers from the comics (like Ms. Marvel or others).
  • Yeah, Rogue would be a high health AP stealer...I live the CD idea.
    - Unreall
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    - Unreall

Look under Angels wing, you will see Iceman, face hidden (maybe for a reason?) also, Jean Grey..
  • Yeah I saw Jean Grey after my post. Don't think they can do her right, prefer they don't (nightmares from Marvel vs Capcom 3 start coming back)...stupid Phx.

Iceman would be REAL interesting actually. You'd have protect tile generation I guess, maybe attack tiles, and maybe a direct attack?
    - Unreall
  • Although 2* Cyclops might be hidden in the code or however the spoilers come from but at this point I cannot see the devs releasing another 2*. The 3* transition is so much faster than it was when 2* Ms. Marvel and Johnny Storm were released. Plus players are already complaining about roster slots and 2* essentials, this will only make it worse.

Also, with the upcoming news on the expansion of 4*'s and how we'll be able to transition to 4* land, perhaps this 2* Cyclops could just become a 4* Cyclops.
    you realize that roster slot problems aren't a 2* player's worry? It's having a playable deck. We need more 2* and 4*(maybe 1* too) to balance out 3* transition, especially as 3* pool gets even more diluted.
    Lidolas wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    bcas76 wrote:

Tyke-lops 2*
    Hinted at Spider-Man.

Am I missing anyone?

Are you talking about in game? Isn't icon_kamalakhan.png an inhuman?

If you're talking MCU, then I have to admit I'm catching up on SHIELD now that it's on Netflix.

they're pushing inhumans in and fantastic 4/x-men out. some x-men have literally become inhumans, etc etc
    Buret0 wrote:
    - Unreall

Rogue's ability to steal powers would be amazing as a 4*.

What does she do:

Steals powers.
    Drains energy.
    Steals memories.
    The longer the contact, the more the drain.

You could do that last one as a permanent tile or a CD tile. While it is in play it randomly steals 1 AP from among those colors covered by the character being 'touched'. At higher levels it leaches Health, stuns, and steals AP from all three strongest colors. However, while this tile is in play, Rogue is also stunned.

You could also have passives based on some of her already absorbed powers from the comics (like Ms. Marvel or others).

If stealing countdown tiles is too complicated, stealing powers will also be too complicated
    Yeah I saw Jean Grey after my post. Don't think they can do her right, prefer they don't (nightmares from Marvel vs Capcom 3 start coming back)...stupid Phx.

Iceman would be REAL interesting actually. You'd have protect tile generation I guess, maybe attack tiles, and maybe a direct attack?
    - Unreall

Nothing wrong w/ mvc3, and nothing wrong w/ Pheonix, they even showed Marvel how to do Shuma
  • Oh I loved MvC3...hated Phx....
    - Unreall
This discussion has been closed.