[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• so can the spoiler gurus give some more info for Ultron? it seems like D3 doesn't give a BLEEP so we need it from somewhere. Thanks in advance if you can provide anymore background...
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    so can the spoiler gurus give some more info for Ultron? it seems like D3 doesn't give a BLEEP so we need it from somewhere. Thanks in advance if you can provide anymore background...

No additional info...
    I already told too much, since it might not even be rewarding Ant-Man...
  • I hadn't expected Ant-Man this early, unless there are going to be multiple tie-in covers and they're trying to spread them out more this time (and if it's that, good on D3 for learning from their mistakes). Last time they ran Ultron twice, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them do that again this time.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I hadn't expected Ant-Man this early, unless there are going to be multiple tie-in covers and they're trying to spread them out more this time (and if it's that, good on D3 for learning from their mistakes). Last time they ran Ultron twice, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them do that again this time.
    \
    It does say round 1 on the Ultron.. thinking this is a 2 part release like SW/IMHB
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I assumed it would be the same format as last time. Round 1 rewards a 3*, probably the one teased in the r78 notes, and round 2 rewards a 4*, probably the one currently under discussion in this thread.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    It does say round 1 on the Ultron.. thinking this is a 2 part release like SW/IMHB

I think that's just referring to the 8 rounds of each run of the event.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    LOL Captain Marvel and Vision. Skipping this Ultron event.
  • turul
    notamutant wrote:
    LOL Captain Marvel and Vision. Skipping this Ultron event.

i would advice mining and stockpiling tokens. idk if run1 tokens updated now??
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    i would advice mining and stockpiling tokens. idk if run1 tokens updated now??
    The only PvE token I didn't keep any of. Might need to try it this time around.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Identity-hidden data for what is presumably The Thing is up in the character forum, in case you missed it...

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30843
  • turul
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Identity-hidden data for what is presumably The Thing is up in the character forum, in case you missed it...

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30843

Looks like we are about to enter the era of 4* and soon the beginning of 5*

(No, there is no mined 5* data yet!)
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    I assume you're saying that, turul, because we may have 3 straight 4* releases on our hands. Assuming Ant Man follows Thing.
  • turul
    I assume you're saying that, turul, because we may have 3 straight 4* releases on our hands. Assuming Ant Man follows Thing.

I guess Ant-Man will come when the movie, as expected earlier, and the next character will be 3*.

But overally, I think 4* releases now will be as often as 3*.

IceX also somewhat comfirmed this: (Unknown char preview topic)
    IceX wrote:
    As for the 4* release, no direct comment, but that's because we've got a community video planned to be coming in the next day or two that'll answer that more fully than I would.

I guess this means the token probability update, and maybe the redesign of placement rewards with more 4*.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    They are so money hungry, it's ridiculous.
  • Malcrof
    TLCstormz wrote:
    They are so money hungry, it's ridiculous.

I am for once, going to disagree. By slowing 3* releases and giving us more 4*, adding the vault, and upping token odds for 4*s, it looks like they are seriously addressing vets concerns and 4* transition. By adding more, it gives vets something to play for, allows 3* transitioners time to actually transition, instead of getting 1 cover for a new char every 2 weeks on par with what we are already trying to finish...

It also paves the way for 5*'s in the future.

There has to be something to work for, or it goes stale. I think all the 4* releases are a great idea, and have more to do with adding content for the longtime players than it being a money grab.

Look at the reaction to Captain Marvel being in Ultron, all the vets were like "eeewwww" and the many who needed the covers were like "yay!" , so vets play for HP, Tokens, and Iso (btw 4* draw rate on ultron tokens rock, 2 for me so far). Round 2 is where the top end gets their content.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    By slowing 3* releases and giving us more 4*, adding the vault, and upping token odds for 4*s, it looks like they are seriously addressing vets concerns and 4* transition.
    Except for the part about having the ISO to level these guys.
  • Malcrof
    simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    By slowing 3* releases and giving us more 4*, adding the vault, and upping token odds for 4*s, it looks like they are seriously addressing vets concerns and 4* transition.
    Except for the part about having the ISO to level these guys.

PVE, Ultron, PVP.. i've gotten over 100k in less than a week, and i am not close to being a 4* transitioner.... yes, i am about 2 mil short of what i need to max the covers i have, but grinding exp is part of any game ever made.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    ...and then we all agreed never to discuss film rights again (with the understanding that this did not exclude discussing film promotion, which is a different THING).
  • bcas76 wrote:
    ...and then we all agreed never to discuss film rights again (with the understanding that this did not exclude discussing film promotion, which is a different THING).
    We discuss film rights for the same reason people listen to the weatherman, because (s)he's probably right.

There's nothing barring D3 from doing anything, as far as we know. Hell, we could get Mickey Mouse or Yoda one day. No one was saying fantastic four could NEVER happen, only that it was unlikely.

I sure wouldn't release FF characters when Marvel, a $$$$ corporation is putting the kibosh on them. Not when I could work with marvel and receive promos/$$$$ for working with them on other characters
  • Malcrof
    FF4 2 has already been announced, months ahead of the first one being released... so they are not going anywhere!
This discussion has been closed.