[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Malcrof wrote:
    Unless I am mis-identifying someone in Turul's spoiler the implication is an X-Man or a re-release of an already existing character at a new * level. That picture contains a high concentration of 'already released' characters.
    There are only two characters in that picture not released - Angel and rogue. rogue has been hinted at several times over.
    - Unreall

Look under Angels wing, you will see Iceman, face hidden (maybe for a reason?) also, Jean Grey..

Also, Havok.

Not sure what picture that other guy was looking at.
  • The only ones that seem to have a total shutdown are the ones related to the Fantastic Four. X-Men are getting edited out of artwork and the like, but they're harder to exclude without devaluing the license, and possibly breaching contracts. I suspect we'll still see X-Men as about every third or fourth character, though there may be a fallow period when their next movie comes out.

Dont forget that the next* char is Fantastic Four related icon_e_wink.gif
    *expectation[/quote]
    Wait, so are we going to expect:

1. FF related character
    2. Then the one mentioned in the poster? (Which is most likely X-Men)?

Or refers to one character only?
    So, based on the poster, we are left with:

1. Angel
    2. Iceman
    3. Jean Grey
    4. Rogue
    5. Havok

All of which are X-Men and are the highest requested heroes to be included.

Or, if we are streeeeeetching this...

Other versions of:
    1. Cyclops (which is already given)
    2. Beast? (Original/Classic)
    3. Scarlet Witch in her original costume? (Are we even going to see it???)
    4. 3* Hawkeye

Any other hints, turul?

I guess it will be Rogue..... Since the other picture which turul posted has her again.. and phoenix...
    dpQx3sC.jpg
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    We are overdue for a 4* Magento
  • Malcrof wrote:
    The strength of a hero can only be measured by the srtrength of their villains...

Magneto has pretty much been the anti-X-men for like 50 years...he deserves a 4 star.

But I'm not asking for another 4* hahaha
    - Unreall
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    ftsiC0c.jpg
    TnZcXOJ.jpg
  • is that 2 different hints and are these hints for characters who have not been mentioned yet?
  • Malcrof wrote:
    The strength of a hero can only be measured by the srtrength of their villains...

Magneto has pretty much been the anti-X-men for like 50 years...he deserves a 4 star.

But I'm not asking for another 4* hahaha
    - Unreall
    1* magneto brought to you by Unreall, you have to get top 2 in PVP to get him
    turul wrote:
    ftsiC0c.jpg
    TnZcXOJ.jpg

So i'm not a marvel expert, but the first picture is the current avengers line-up marvel has. If this lines up with the MCU I can see lots of these characters/versions coming to MPQ
  • Nearly everyone in that first picture seems fair game, though I kind of doubt we'll see Superior Iron Man or a second Scarlet Witch so soon. Ant-Man is a lock. 4* Falcon-Cap seems like a maybe. Winter Soldier likely, but I'm guessing not until Civil War next year. Medusa, Deathlok, and maybe Angela are all plausible 3*s. Dr. Strange is overdue. Not sure who fire guy is - is that Human Torch?

Second picture:
    If Fantastic Four characters are more open now, Silver Surfer is the most overdue. Ronan and Nova are both pretty prominent, and could easily show up. Quasar seems more likely than Gladiator. Beta Ray Bill would be a lot of fun; I could maybe see him showing up in Thor 3, though.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Speculatively handicapping Turul's hint photos:
    Avengers NOW!

Not ranked: Thoress, Scarlet Witch -- already in the game

(9) Inferno -- Not an A-list hero, probably unlikely to appear in the game anytime soon.
    (8) Superior Iron Man -- Hulkbuster is the 4* Iron Man; this would be redundant.
    (7) Medusa -- Worthy... but I just get the feeling that Marvel is holding back on pushing the Inhumans right now. I think a big Inhuman multi-media push will come, but closer to the movies. Agents of SHIELD tie-ins are more likely now.
    (6) Angela -- Another one who would be great, but just appears to be too duplicative. If you had to describe Angela, you'd probably just call her "a female Thor". And we've got a female Thor. I think it would be too difficult to really distinguish her as a character.
    (5) Bucky -- Skill: never dies! Certainly a possibility, but not as big a possibility as 1-4.
    (4) Deathlok -- Now we're talking. Ties in with Agents of SHIELD; can be given unique skills; not immediately duplicative of existing characters. At least a 50% chance of him appearing in the game at some point; just maybe not right now.
    (3) Sam Wilson Captain America -- not the 4* Cap the world wants... the 4* Cap the world NEEDS. Wait, did I just mix companies there? ;)
    (2) Doctor Strange -- An inevitable character. But not quite as inevitable as.....
    (1) Ant-Man -- I mean, come on... of course he's coming.

Thanos Imperative

(6) Beta Ray Bill -- Wishing and hoping probably won't make this come true, unfortunately. As with Angela, he's just going to be a Thor variant, and we've already got three of those.
    (5) Gladiator -- It took this long to get Ben Freaking Grimm into the game. They're not going to turn around and put a far lesser-known FF-related character in....
    (4) Quasar -- I just don't see him being included before Nova or Adam Warlock. Period.
    (3) Ronan -- Ronan would be a great character, but I'm wondering if using him as a Big Bad in the GotG film makes him 'damaged goods', so to speak. (As in, the casual fan won't understand why he's good when he tried to blow up an entire planet in that film they saw last year.)
    (2) Nova -- see #2 in the Avengers NOW! section.
    (1) Silver Surfer -- Because he's awesome.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Avengers NOW!

(3) Sam Wilson Captain America -- not the 4* Cap the world wants... the 4* Cap the world NEEDS. Wait, did I just mix companies there? ;)
    (2) Doctor Strange -- An inevitable character. But not quite as inevitable as.....

Thanos Imperative
    (As in, the casual fan won't understand why he's good when he tried to blow up an entire planet in that film they saw last year.)

To me, it's got to be one of those five, with heavy leaning on Ant-Man and Nova. Nova will get love in the upcoming Guardians cartoon, and Scott's got his movie next month.

Dr Strange strikes me as a character they can release when Marvel isn't pressuring them to release based on upcoming series, movies, comics, etc.

And I get the idea that Iron Patriot and 2* Cyke will be this year's anniversary Devil Dino-like characters.
  • ronin-san wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Avengers NOW!

Thanos Imperative
    (As in, the casual fan won't understand why he's good when he tried to blow up an entire planet in that film they saw last year.)

To me, it's got to be one of those five, with heavy leaning on Ant-Man and Nova. Nova will get love in the upcoming Guardians cartoon, and Scott's got his movie next month.

Dr Strange strikes me as a character they can release when Marvel isn't pressuring them to release based on upcoming series, movies, comics, etc.

And I get the idea that Iron Patriot and 2* Cyke will be this year's anniversary Devil Dino-like characters.
    u dont think doc strange will be oc strange movie? if he comes out early i hope we get dormammu's aid I mean dormammu
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course I already revealed Antman, and thereis another char hinted from that pic
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    u dont think doc strange will be oc strange movie? if he comes out early i hope we get dormammu's aid I mean dormammu

Strange will come before the movie, because the movie is due next fall.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    - She-Thor: nope, already in the game.
    - Scarlet Witch: nope, already in the game.
    - Inferno & Medusa: please, not now. The first Inhuman introduced in the game was Khamala Khan. At least, the second one should be Black Bolt, the King, not Inferno or Medusa.
    - Superior Iron Man: we already have Hulkbuster (4*), IM40 (3*) and IM35 (1*), we don't need another Iron Man or a 2* one (however, Superior IM is aesthetically horrible, we don't need it in any case).
    - Angela: useless and worthless character. No thanks.
    - Winter Soldier: oh yeah, I'd like him as 3* icon_cool.gif
    - Deathlok: a C-list character, and AoS didn't give him a really great boost of popularity. There are plenty of characters that are worthier to be in the game before him.
    - Captain America (Sam Wilson): Falcon as 4*? Seriously? Sorry but no, Bucky Barnes is my (replacement) Captain America, no one else!
    - Doctor Strange: we we'll get him soon or we'll have to wait the movie? However, I want THIS Doctor Strange! icon_cool.gif
    - Ant-Man (Scott Lang): he's coming soon for sure.
    - Beta Ray Bill: another Thor variant? No thanks.
    - Gladiator: I like the idea, he would be a nice addition.
    - Quasar (Wendell Vaughn): yeah, this would be very, VERY nice!
    - Ronan: mmmm.... not so excited, there are plenty of characters I'd like to see in the game before him.
    - Nova (Richard Rider): OH YES, PLEASE!
    - Silver Surfer: he would be a great 4*!

So, my top3 wishlist about that 2 images is:
    1. Nova (Richard Rider)
    2. Winter Soldier
    3. Quasar (Wendell Vaughn)
  • turul wrote:
    Of course I already revealed Antman, and thereis another char hinted from that pic

If you mean Thanos, I can't help but think he's being saved for something special. Possibly something like Infinity War, either as a 4*, or (if they plan on introducing them) the first 5*.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in for Bucky, Nova or Deathlok! But Silver Surfer has to be the tip top.
  • TheHood wrote:
    - She-Thor: nope, already in the game.
    - Scarlet Witch: nope, already in the game.
    - Inferno & Medusa: please, not now. The first Inhuman introduced in the game was Khamala Khan. At least, the second one should be Black Bolt, the King, not Inferno or Medusa.
    - Superior Iron Man: we already have Hulkbuster (4*), IM40 (3*) and IM35 (1*), we don't need another Iron Man or a 2* one (however, Superior IM is aesthetically horrible, we don't need it in any case).
    - Angela: useless and worthless character. No thanks.
    - Winter Soldier: oh yeah, I'd like him as 3* icon_cool.gif
    - Deathlok: a C-list character, and AoS didn't give him a really great boost of popularity. There are plenty of characters that are worthier to be in the game before him.
    - Captain America (Sam Wilson): Falcon as 4*? Seriously? Sorry but no, Bucky Barnes is my (replacement) Captain America, no one else!
    - Doctor Strange: we we'll get him soon or we'll have to wait the movie? However, I want THIS Doctor Strange! icon_cool.gif
    - Ant-Man (Scott Lang): he's coming soon for sure.
    - Beta Ray Bill: another Thor variant? No thanks.
    - Gladiator: I like the idea, he would be a nice addition.
    - Quasar (Wendell Vaughn): yeah, this would be very, VERY nice!
    - Ronan: mmmm.... not so excited, there are plenty of characters I'd like to see in the game before him.
    - Nova (Richard Rider): OH YES, PLEASE!
    - Silver Surfer: he would be a great 4*!

So, my top3 wishlist about that 2 images is:
    1. Nova (Richard Rider)
    2. Winter Soldier
    3. Quasar (Wendell Vaughn)
    Let your hatred consume you....
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    turul wrote:
    ftsiC0c.jpg
    TnZcXOJ.jpg

LOL! The most vague thing you have EVER posted.

:+p
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    raisinbman wrote:
    Let your hatred consume you....
    (Cit.)
    zwn49e.jpg
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still think they went with all original Avengers, and are trying to push "All New Avengers"

standard_incredible.jpg

Before this lineup was out they had GT, as it came out they were introducing KK, and now we have Vision. So from Turul's images, I'm guessing 4* Cap (Sam) from top and 3* Nova from bottom.
This discussion has been closed.