[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Looks like one of my free manga places.

But 'buying' comics is kind of expensive. About a year ago I was thinking about getting subscription to Hulk and a few other series, the cost added up way to quickly to actually keep up with multiple things.

so I did my every 6-month wiki search to see "what's hot in the streets". Last time I read it was the last issue of Deadpool...
    - Unreall
  • the patch hint is antman or is my Marvel-fu pitiful
  • raisinbman wrote:
    the patch hint is antman or is my Marvel-fu pitiful

It pretty much has to be. It's about as subtle as the last one.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    So potential line up is?
    Ant-Man
    2* Cyclops
    Character from the Avengers/X-Men poster
    4* from Uncanny X-Force/AOA poster
    Character from Nova/Surfer poster
    Character from Avengers Now poster
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know I'll be upset if we get Agent Venom before Eddie Brock Venom.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Antman is obvious, but rogue is a power thief and she started out as a villain. Thief redeemed.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sullstar wrote:
    So potential line up is?
    Ant-Man
    2* Cyclops

+ Spiderman (Original)
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Peej13 wrote:
    Antman is obvious, but rogue is a power thief and she started out as a villain. Thief redeemed.

That could be Gambit, too. It's Ant-Man. It's just too close to the movie release, and they've got announcements re 5 six day PvEs...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Sullstar wrote:
    So potential line up is?
    Ant-Man
    2* Cyclops

+ Spiderman (Original)

Well, the Nova's in the new Infinity Gauntlet are playing a HUGE role, and will continue into the new world after Secret Wars.. so i would move Nova up the list some. If you have read the new SW IG .

IT BETTER BE THE DOG! Seriously, that dog rocks, i want them to bring in the hound!

spoiler from the story below:
    a kid put a nova star in the dog.. and it is marvelous!
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    My first thought on "A thief redeemed" was Gambit and I was like, "Really! That's surprising but I'll take it." Never hit me that it was actually Scott Lang.

But, as everyone has pointed out, there's no doubt that its Ant-Man. What a let-down. icon_neutral.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    teef1 wrote:
    Just posted this over in the General Discussion. A 30-day story event for Ant-Man sounds crazy. Does this sound right, turul, or is that likely a typo?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/he ... story.html

That 30 days seems messed up for me too...

This is an LA Times report, not a D3/Demiurge press release, so don't assume proper use of MPQ terminology. It actually made sense to me: it's a 30 day "STORY," composed of 5 discreet EVENTS. Probably 2x7-day + 3x5-day. Oscorp and The Hunt are connected, and could be considered a "story"; I assume the Ant-Man story will be five strung together in a continuous story.

The Sentry event could be rejiggered with new art and text into the "closer" of this sequence, which would tie right into Turul's note that...
    ....there's a guaranteed Ant-Man cover.

Just my two cents!
    I think it is a typo for a 3-day event.

(To be fair, I already have poor faith in LA Times as one of their bloggers used my footage without citing the source, and may be still holding that against them.)
  • ZeiramMR wrote:

(To be fair, I already have poor faith in LA Times as one of their bloggers used my footage without citing the source, and may be still holding that against them.)

IceIX confirmed it's a 30-day event that will run like the Gauntlet while other stuff is going on. It doesn't sound like 30 days of grinding; more like a 30-day DDQ.
  • Good, grinding actually takes away from the game for me. When Ultron was first released, I was excited about the grind, but bluntly put "I got a life", "I got a family", and "I aint got time for all that"...so I started strong and missed out on the middle rounds, then got frustrated at the end as I made a strong push. I'd prefer more events were more 'casual'. I'm fine with high rewards for grinders, but I mean real talk, I've been real blahzay about PvE, because I can't grind enough to get anything out of it these days.

So reading about a more DDQ inspired setup for an event actually gets me excited - those who grind do deserve more, no argument, but that - like DDq sounds manageable.
    - Unreall
  • turul
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

IceIX confirmed it's a 30-day event that will run like the Gauntlet while other stuff is going on. It doesn't sound like 30 days of grinding; more like a 30-day DDQ.

I'm afraid it will be a 5-day worth of DDQ expanded to 30 days... I hope they prove me wrong!
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

**** YEAH!!!
    Good, grinding actually takes away from the game for me. When Ultron was first released, I was excited about the grind, but bluntly put "I got a life", "I got a family", and "I aint got time for all that"...so I started strong and missed out on the middle rounds, then got frustrated at the end as I made a strong push. I'd prefer more events were more 'casual'. I'm fine with high rewards for grinders, but I mean real talk, I've been real blahzay about PvE, because I can't grind enough to get anything out of it these days.

So reading about a more DDQ inspired setup for an event actually gets me excited - those who grind do deserve more, no argument, but that - like DDq sounds manageable.
    - Unreall

Harcore players say: can't have more casual events, it'll be easier for noobs to get top 25 icon_cool.gif
  • Malcrof
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

F**K YEAH!!!
    Good, grinding actually takes away from the game for me. When Ultron was first released, I was excited about the grind, but bluntly put "I got a life", "I got a family", and "I aint got time for all that"...so I started strong and missed out on the middle rounds, then got frustrated at the end as I made a strong push. I'd prefer more events were more 'casual'. I'm fine with high rewards for grinders, but I mean real talk, I've been real blahzay about PvE, because I can't grind enough to get anything out of it these days.

- Unreall

Harcore players say: can't have more casual events, it'll be easier for noobs to get top 25 icon_cool.gif

I'm waiting to see what the tokens will be like, hoping they are Ultron (first go) bountiful and fruitful
  • turul
    svIEuDQ.jpg
  • Malcrof
    turul wrote:
    svIEuDQ.jpg

edit: whoops, this is the Jan 2015 #1 variant cover not the upcoming october #1

and now i have it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ant-Man-1-1-15-Movie-Variant-/181627599808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a49d93bc0

thanx turul, trying to keep up with making sure i collect all the covers.
  • turul
    edited July 2015
    Independence Day PVP lineup:
    Cpt. America PVP / J4 Vault Tokens!
    Falcon PVP / J4 Vault Tokens!
    CMarvel PVP / J4 Vault Tokens
    no separate July4 PVP event, i was wrong
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    July 4 / PVP / J4 Vault Tokens!
    Falcon PVP / J4 Vault Tokens!

A second vault already? Or am I reading you wrong?
This discussion has been closed.