[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    A second vault already? Or am I reading you wrong?

Yes, its a seperate "July 4/Independence day" Vault, for the 3 PVP's I listed.
    (I updated the previous post!)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

I guess that's one way to try to limit any hoarding icon_e_wink.gif

Any news on who the buffed characters are coming up?
  • turul
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    turul wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

sry, no info about that. I guess those who werent buffed yet. (if theres any?)
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    turul wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

It should be the same ones boosted for Sim (which has a preview up now)

X, IW, BP, CMag, SG, Mohawk, Patch. (I care not about 1/2*).
  • SnowcaTT
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

It should be the same ones boosted for Sim (which has a preview up now)

X, IW, BP, CMag, SG, Mohawk, Patch. (I care not about 1/2*).

I can't ever see them until I enter the event on PC, does mobile show you buffed characters before the event starts/before you enter?

LT had a run in the test-run, did Daken ever get a run?

Cap/Falcon (to-be-Cap), both "America"....I don't know Captain Marvel history, but I thought that was a British character or somthing? Surprised they didn't go with three Red-White (yellow)-Blue characters for the week.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    I don't know Captain Marvel history, but I thought that was a British character or somthing? Surprised they didn't go with three Red-White (yellow)-Blue characters for the week.

Nope, she was an American military officer. I don't think any of the many, many Captain Marvels have been British, though several have been Kree.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I can't ever see them until I enter the event on PC, does mobile show you buffed characters before the event starts/before you enter?

LT had a run in the test-run, did Daken ever get a run?

Cap/Falcon (to-be-Cap), both "America"....I don't know Captain Marvel history, but I thought that was a British character or somthing? Surprised they didn't go with three Red-White (yellow)-Blue characters for the week.

Yeah if you go to the event rewards preview you can change to the event rules tab and see the boost list (at least on Android).

I don't recall Daken ever having a boost but they kinda blur together. I know BP did since Fist was also boosted that week and that was tons of fun.

Carol Danvers was in the United States Air Force iirc.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Maybe it's a mixup of Captain Mar-Vell with Captain Britain since they sorta look similar.
  • SnowcaTT
    TazFTW wrote:
    Maybe it's a mixup of Captain Mar-Vell with Captain Britain since they sorta look similar.

I think that is almost certainly what my problem was. Well, aside from basically never reading the comics....
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Er....on Steam, click the trophy icon to see the event rewards, then click event rules. The list is there.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:

Er....on Steam, click the trophy icon to see the event rewards, then click event rules. The list is there.

That works on android, too.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got some Meet Grocket tokens stockpiled, and the artwork just changed. Now features XFW, Captain Marvel, MN Mags. So looks like that'll get a rerun soon.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I think it is a typo for a 3-day event.

(To be fair, I already have poor faith in LA Times as one of their bloggers used my footage without citing the source, and may be still holding that against them.)

IceIX confirmed it's a 30-day event that will run like the Gauntlet while other stuff is going on. It doesn't sound like 30 days of grinding; more like a 30-day DDQ.
    Ah, so it is. Thanks for the correction.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Thanks for clearing up my cluelessness in several places all!

FierceKiwi mentioned this also....somehow I always simply forget event rules are even there. The first/only time I used it in the game was when you had to look for event time remaining there. icon_e_wink.gif
  • when is thing PVP? is it getting shelved b/c they're testing no scaling 1000/1300 4* prizes?
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    raisinbman wrote:
    when is thing PVP? is it getting shelved b/c they're testing no scaling 1000/1300 4* prizes?

It'll be after the 4th of July themed triple-play of Cap, Falcon and Captain Marvel PVPs. Probably immediately after.
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Man, a little American Holiday and the thread goes to hell in a hand basket.

So maybe this can help to resurrect it.

I haven't been around a lot this month due to travel so I missed quite a bit, but I feel like there were a lot of characters revealed through the spoilers that never surfaced. And looking back, there were a few hints I missed as well.

Someone posted, and I'm retyping (for a few reasons) that the characters we can expect are:
    Ant-Man
    2* Cyclops
    Original Spider-Man

Character from the All-New All-Different Avengers poster
    4* from Uncanny X-Force/X-Men AoA poster
    Character from Thanos Imperative poster
    Character from Avengers Now! poster

There is a little overlap of a few certain characters. So my question is, are there 7 characters currently built in the queue and ready to go out into the world? Or do some of the posters and hints refer to other characters on this list. And am I correct on everything above?

There's just too much going on in this mixed up crazy MPQ world!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015
    For reference:
    rudd-antman.jpg
    Chibi_Cyclops__by_hedbonstudios.jpg
    polls_Tobey_Maguire_Spider_Man_5339_23462_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg
    cosmicmarvel2.jpg
    background.jpg
    JphXQUy.jpg
    uncanny-x-force-vs-the-age-of-apocalypse-20110301053950576-000.jpg
    ANADMarvel2-June5-2-802aa.jpg
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    You forgot the X-Men / Avengers poster.

:+p

Also, turul is vacationing off the coast of Belize.
  • turul
    ronin-san wrote:
    For reference:
    rudd-antman.jpg
    Chibi_Cyclops__by_hedbonstudios.jpg
    polls_Tobey_Maguire_Spider_Man_5339_23462_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg
    cosmicmarvel2.jpg
    background.jpg
    JphXQUy.jpg
    uncanny-x-force-vs-the-age-of-apocalypse-20110301053950576-000.jpg
    ANADMarvel2-June5-2-802aa.jpg