[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    With Strange and Surfer they'd hit 2 out of my personal top 3 most wanted characters... although they will/should probably both be 4* characters.

I'd absolutely be fine with Nova as well, though.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I still think they went with all original Avengers, and are trying to push "All New Avengers"

standard_incredible.jpg

Before this lineup was out they had GT, as it came out they were introducing KK, and now we have Vision. So from Turul's images, I'm guessing 4* Cap (Sam) from top and 3* Nova from bottom.

I was thinking about this line up during the recent run of Avengers vs Ultron. I think Marvel would be really pleased if the could cross promote this team. The addition of Nova & Miles would be enough to run events featuring these characters.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Nova is such an awful character. Oy.

I really really really hope that they come up with some new PvE events, in the near future.

Maybe I'm weird, though. To want new EVENTS instead of CHARACTERS. Maybe I'll make a poll.
  • TLCstormz wrote:

I really really really hope that they come up with some new PvE events, in the near future.

Maybe I'm weird, though. To want new EVENTS instead of CHARACTERS. Maybe I'll make a poll.
    league of legends model, bby
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    TLCstormz wrote:

Sam Alexander is an awful character and his ongoing series is teen garbage, but Richard Rider, the original Nova is a great superhero and one of the most underrated character in the Marvel universe.
    So, Richard will be more than welcome.

About new events, I'm totally agree, but that new PvE should have new gameplay, all-new mechanics of game.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would only see Deathlok as a possibility if they were making some sort of Maximum Carnage PVE. And how often do they make new story events?
  • TheHood wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Sam Alexander is an awful character and his ongoing series is teen garbage, but Richard Rider, the original Nova is a great superhero and one of the most underrated character in the Marvel universe.
    So, Richard will be more than welcome.

About new events, I'm totally agree, but that new PvE should have new gameplay, all-new mechanics of game.
    I slightly agree about mechanics, but they are putting together, slowly but surely "line-ups" that lend themselves to story arcs. If we were to get say Deathlok, and maybe a rejiggered Venom, we'd be mostly there for a Maximum Carnage...Shadowcat, Carrion and Doppleganger are the only ones I think are missing. Honestly, being dead honest, I'm an old head - I grew up in the 90s, so those stories are the ones I identify with the most, I'd love more 'arcs' tied to comics, with possible cross promotion with the Marvel Comic App (maybe tying them via FB to a free cover or something). I'd be fine with them having more 'overpowered NPC' style villains like Sabertooth for sake of just having more PvE content based on actual arcs.

Sure I'd love more new mechanics, a Maximum Carnage event could even be run similar to Ultron, using nodes to 'slow down the killing' and then meet up to fight Carnage and his troupe, but if they are going to keep increasing roster size (not a complaint), they should steer it towards existing arcs for new PvP content.
    - Unreall
  • ZeiramMR wrote:
    I would only see Deathlok as a possibility if they were making some sort of Maximum Carnage PVE. And how often do they make new story events?

They're doing Secret Warriors on the Agents of SHIELD show, and there are a bunch of reasons to think Deathlok will be part of that. If Marvel does a promotional push for that, I could see us getting Deathlok.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Not sure who fire guy is - is that Human Torch?

That's Inferno I believe
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Damien Hellstrom

Also, Deathlok is in a bunch of storylines right now, from comics to tv shows, to upcoming cartoons, to upcoming movies.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

They're doing Secret Warriors on the Agents of SHIELD show, and there are a bunch of reasons to think Deathlok will be part of that. If Marvel does a promotional push for that, I could see us getting Deathlok.
    While I wouldn't discount an Agents of SHIELD tie-in at some point, Quake and Mockingbird are comics characters who are an actual lead on the show and been in more episodes, respectively. I realize Deathlok is pretty established as a comics character, but do not think they would boost him over them solely as an Agents tie-in.

Now as to TLCstormz's comment on other appearances, that may be the case.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    With regards to Miles Morales, I'm just wondering: how many stars would he be?

2*? Peter Parker is already the 3* Spidey, and personally I'd love to see Black Suit Spiderman as the 4* version. But I have no problems if Miles is 4*.

Or they could make Miles 3* like Petey. I mean, both Kamala Khan and Carol Danvers are 3* (albeit the former is known as Ms Marvel, and the latter as Captain Marvel). If this were the case, would he be named Spider-Man (Miles Morales) or Miles Morales (Spider-Man)? Because the former means you can't use both Miles and Pete on the same team, whereas the latter means you can.

On that same note, how will Falcon-Cap be named? Naming him Captain America (Sam Wilson) means you can't use him with Steve Rogers, whilst Sam Wilson (Captain America) means you can
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015

2*? Peter Parker is already the 3* Spidey, and personally I'd love to see Black Suit Spiderman as the 4* version. But I have no problems if Miles is 4*.

Or they could make Miles 3* like Petey. I mean, both Kamala Khan and Carol Danvers are 3* (albeit the former is known as Ms Marvel, and the latter as Captain Marvel). If this were the case, would he be named Spider-Man (Miles Morales) or Miles Morales (Spider-Man)? Because the former means you can't use both Miles and Pete on the same team, whereas the latter means you can.

On that same note, how will Falcon-Cap be named? Naming him Captain America (Sam Wilson) means you can't use him with Steve Rogers, whilst Sam Wilson (Captain America) means you can
    I think spiderman is different enoguh to team up with spiderman in this case.

And they explained their naming convention a while ago, that as long as ppl know who the character is and isn't confused. I assume they'll just go for (Ultimate) Spiderman(Miles Morales)
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Hey Turul, is it looking like we may not be getting a 3* release this season? Considering the Thing's event is almost complete, and a week off should put us close to a week out from Ant-Man, I'd pick that as a week-long 4* event. Is it possible we may just get two 4*'s released this season, which would probably make sense with the way the devs are pushing the 4* transition?
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor

The parenthetical names are, to date, usually of three things: (a) the character's nickname (e.g. DD "Man Without Fear", Blade "Daywalker"), (b) the series from which the character/cover is drawn (notably, the 3* Cap is from the "Steve Rogers: Super Soldier" Heroic Age series), or (c) a descriptor to differentiate a character variant where there isn't a separate series to draw upon ("Classic" and "Modern" Magneto, for example).

The exceptions -- who are all characters that are not the primary character of a series -- are usually the character's real name, e.g. Professor X and Kingpin, or -- for Nick Fury -- his title.

And then there's Kamala Khan. Kamala's name doesn't fit with the standard set prior to her release. She should, logically, be Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan). Instead, she's the opposite -- Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel). Why? Who knows? (see below for theory...)

So IF you go with the main precedent here, Sam would be Captain America (Sam Wilson), and Miles would be Spider-man (Miles Morales). I could see MM being named Miles Morales (Spider-man), though, because he has the same sort of "real name is what most people know him as" thing going on like Kamala.

Either way, the restrictions on which characters exclude each other are hard-coded in the software, and aren't driven by the name. I think the name serves as an indicator to the player of a conflict -- which is my theory why Kamala is named the way she is. It signals that Kamala and the Carol Ms. Marvel do not exclude each other. Which is also why 2* Ms. Marvel is not named "Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers)" -- her name tells you that she DOES conflict with 3* Captain Marvel.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Hey Turul, is it looking like we may not be getting a 3* release this season? Considering the Thing's event is almost complete, and a week off should put us close to a week out from Ant-Man, I'd pick that as a week-long 4* event. Is it possible we may just get two 4*'s released this season, which would probably make sense with the way the devs are pushing the 4* transition?

Honestly, I can't see Ant-Man being a 4*. I think he'll be a 3*. I defer to Turul's greater wisdom, though...
  • DaveR4470 wrote:

The parenthetical names are, to date, usually of three things: (a) the character's nickname (e.g. DD "Man Without Fear", Blade "Daywalker"), (b) the series from which the character/cover is drawn (notably, the 3* Cap is from the "Steve Rogers: Super Soldier" Heroic Age series), or (c) a descriptor to differentiate a character variant where there isn't a separate series to draw upon ("Classic" and "Modern" Magneto, for example).

The exceptions -- who are all characters that are not the primary character of a series -- are usually the character's real name, e.g. Professor X and Kingpin, or -- for Nick Fury -- his title.

And then there's Kamala Khan. Kamala's name doesn't fit with the standard set prior to her release. She should, logically, be Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan). Instead, she's the opposite -- Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel). Why? Who knows? (see below for theory...)

So IF you go with the main precedent here, Sam would be Captain America (Sam Wilson), and Miles would be Spider-man (Miles Morales). I could see MM being named Miles Morales (Spider-man), though, because he has the same sort of "real name is what most people know him as" thing going on like Kamala.

Either way, the restrictions on which characters exclude each other are hard-coded in the software, and aren't driven by the name. I think the name serves as an indicator to the player of a conflict -- which is my theory why Kamala is named the way she is. It signals that Kamala and the Carol Ms. Marvel do not exclude each other. Which is also why 2* Ms. Marvel is not named "Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers)" -- her name tells you that she DOES conflict with 3* Captain Marvel.
    they said the named KK that way so there's no confusion
  • TheHood
    I don't really liking the actual "substitute superheroes" in Marvel Universe, I prefer the past replacements. I'd like to see in the game:

1. Ben Reilly as Spider-Man
    2. Superior Spider-Man (horrible story but GREAT suit)
    3. Bucky as Captain America
    4. Eric O'Grady as Ant-Man
    5. Miles Morales as Spider-Man
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    All new All Different GoTG
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/29/a-female-starlord-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-marveloctober/

Looks like a 3* female Starlord or Agent Venom may be in order! Since Thing is in it...
  • TheHood
    Malcrof wrote:
    All new All Different GoTG
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/29/a-female-starlord-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-marveloctober/

Looks like a 3* female Starlord or Agent Venom may be in order! Since Thing is in it...
    http://on.fb.me/1HsbYcj

No please, she's
    Kitty Pryde!!?! sick.gifwO1WcHI.gif
    The original Agent Venom would be very nice, I loved these covers:
    4dd19c6d1fa52.jpg

Venom16_cov1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.